What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon
Posts: 12243
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Hellfast, Northern Fireland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat May 28, 2011 2:54 pm

heading for mexican food and then lots of drinking in a minute
Image
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Sat May 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Got some free time finally to play some guitar and go cycling etc :)
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Sat May 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Got some strawberries. :D
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2868
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: Far away from sandstorms!
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Azubi » Sat May 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Despite eating loads of shite and drinking a fair bit and not going to the gym much these last couple of weeks, I have maintained 81kg. How, I haven't a fucking clue after the amount of ice cream bars I have been munching through.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

User avatar
MotherLicker
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 856
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:28 pm
Location: The Garden of England

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby MotherLicker » Sat May 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Fjar wrote:Got some strawberries. :D


Strawberries rule :drool: I want some.
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live - SnakeBiteKiss
My Last FM

User avatar
MotherLicker
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 856
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:28 pm
Location: The Garden of England

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby MotherLicker » Sat May 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Azubi wrote:Despite eating loads of shite and drinking a fair bit and not going to the gym much these last couple of weeks, I have maintained 81kg. How, I haven't a fucking clue after the amount of ice cream bars I have been munching through.


Now that's not fair :thud:
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live - SnakeBiteKiss
My Last FM

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Sat May 28, 2011 3:29 pm

MotherLicker wrote:
Azubi wrote:Despite eating loads of shite and drinking a fair bit and not going to the gym much these last couple of weeks, I have maintained 81kg. How, I haven't a fucking clue after the amount of ice cream bars I have been munching through.


Now that's not fair :thud:



To be fair when someone like Azubi says "not going to the gym much" he probably means twice a week instead of 4 times a week
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2868
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: Far away from sandstorms!
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Azubi » Sat May 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Danroush wrote:
MotherLicker wrote:
Azubi wrote:Despite eating loads of shite and drinking a fair bit and not going to the gym much these last couple of weeks, I have maintained 81kg. How, I haven't a fucking clue after the amount of ice cream bars I have been munching through.


Now that's not fair :thud:



To be fair when someone like Azubi says "not going to the gym much" he probably means twice a week instead of 4 times a week



I only went once last week and 2-3 times the week before whereas I try to go 4-5 times a week if I can. To be fair though this weekend I have been doing quite a few pressups and pullups in an effort to get into shape for the basic fitness test but mainly I have just been thinking of doing exercise. I struggle to go but since getting back from the States I have been pretty motivated and I looked like such a tart when I was out a few weekends back in Bahrain with some girls and they are eating steaks and I am there with a bloody salad.

It's the amount I have been eating though. I binged on Bacon last Friday in Dubai aswell and takeaways, drank more ale than I have done for the rest of the year so far in that one weekend and the rest of the time I have been living off of chili-mayo which large chunks of meat and lots and lots of ice cream bars. Oh and Hulahoops. I managed to find a shitload of hulahoops and chocolate and... and... and...

It defies logic. I can only assume it is hiding somewhere in an attempt to ambush me when I go to Aramco on Wednesday evening.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jim » Sat May 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Your metabolism is like shit of a shovel though, so if you pig out for 2 weeks you're probably not gonna notice much, unless you cut out exercise all together and keep up on 3000kcals+ a day for 3 or 4 weeks.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat May 28, 2011 3:50 pm

MotherLicker wrote:
Fjar wrote:Got some strawberries. :D


Strawberries rule :drool: I want some.


I also have strawberries

/saltinthewound
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Sat May 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Azubi wrote:

I only went once last week and 2-3 times the week before whereas I try to go 4-5 times a week if I can. To be fair though this weekend I have been doing quite a few pressups and pullups in an effort to get into shape for the basic fitness test but mainly I have just been thinking of doing exercise. I struggle to go but since getting back from the States I have been pretty motivated and I looked like such a tart when I was out a few weekends back in Bahrain with some girls and they are eating steaks and I am there with a bloody salad.

It's the amount I have been eating though. I binged on Bacon last Friday in Dubai aswell and takeaways, drank more ale than I have done for the rest of the year so far in that one weekend and the rest of the time I have been living off of chili-mayo which large chunks of meat and lots and lots of ice cream bars. Oh and Hulahoops. I managed to find a shitload of hulahoops and chocolate and... and... and...

It defies logic. I can only assume it is hiding somewhere in an attempt to ambush me when I go to Aramco on Wednesday evening.



Basically what Jim said, but also because if you go to the gym that much usually, then you've most likely got a lot of muscle mass, and the more muscle you have the more you need to eat to maintain it, therefore pigging out a bit won't cause you as much trouble when you have so much muscle in the first place
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Freyja » Sat May 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Got a lovely sauce sitting and maturing. Didn't have any onions so I overcompensated with the garlic, also shoved in a bit of bacon. As I have wine open from last night I sloshed some of that in too. Had a taste and it's wonderful already, but it'll just get better and better!
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fibbly » Sat May 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Tomorrow is date dayyyy- shopping, cinema and steak at Cafe Rouge. Huzzah.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Sat May 28, 2011 6:49 pm

James made another amazing dinner.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Katesyl
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Katesyl » Sat May 28, 2011 6:51 pm

I also had strawberries! :D

WMMHT: Can't stop reading/writing poetry at the moment. I've got a new addiction to submitting work to journals and competitions. More productive than my usual addictions, at least!