What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Dogs are awesome. Plus all the dogs i've ever had have been trained not to bark which makes them doubly awesome.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Cats are disloyal creatures. I have had a lifetime of cats and im quite frankly bored of them. Our little bugger is a great cat, but generally speaking they're pretty crap as far as animals are concerned.

We had a dog once, but we had to give it back to the dogs home because it wasn't 'cat friendly' as it had been sold to us. Long story short, the cat attacked the dog, the dog attacked the cat. The cat came off better amazingly, and the dog went back to the dogs home because we'd had the cat before the dog therefore last in the door, first out was exercised. Truly miss that dog.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Turbo wrote:Cats are disloyal creatures. I have had a lifetime of cats and im quite frankly bored of them. Our little bugger is a great cat, but generally speaking they're pretty crap as far as animals are concerned.

I enjoy the fact that they're less loyal/dependant, as I could consider a cat to be an equal friend to an extent whereas I could only consider a dog as a pet that I looked after, nothing more
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 pm

My dog is my friend! :( It makes me sad that everyone on here seems to prefer cats.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Hair dyed and fiiinally getting it cut tomorrow, so hopefully I can stop resembling an orangutan.
Last edited by Katesyl on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:11 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:It makes me sad that everyone on here seems to prefer cats.

This.

Because cats suck.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I prefer dogs Annabel. My parents' dog is a bloody menace though. He's only six or seven months old and the thing's hyper. Was really subdued today though, didn't even beg for my dinner. Mum said he was knackered from being walked.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Fjar wrote:I dislike dogs. Too loud, generally too lively and definitely too smelly. James says he'd let the dog sleep on the bed if we got one. Fuck that. :lol:

Cats smell amazing. I bury my face in my family's cats and take a long breath in because they smell like home.. Also, they seek out warmth which means they like to sit on laps and get cuddled, and I can pretend it's because they love me rather than the fact I'm warm. :P

Ditto. Well, I was both a cat and a dog person when I was little but I'm more on the same wavelength as cats if you see what I mean. They take life at the same pace.

I nearly moved to this household that has 3 cats. Unfortunately everything else weighed against it.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Lying comfortably in bed after a great weekend in Brumminghamton.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Danroush wrote:
Turbo wrote:Cats are disloyal creatures. I have had a lifetime of cats and im quite frankly bored of them. Our little bugger is a great cat, but generally speaking they're pretty crap as far as animals are concerned.

I enjoy the fact that they're less loyal/dependant, as I could consider a cat to be an equal friend to an extent whereas I could only consider a dog as a pet that I looked after, nothing more

Exactly. I can't respect a creature that will starve itself to death waiting for me to come back if I move house and leave it there. I can't say I like it if I go on holiday and the cat has been getting fed by a stranger the next street over, but I respect its decision to make me work for its affection.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:01 pm

One of the best games of hockey I've ever seen tonight. Really emotional, hearts on sleeves stuff. I sort of want to fight someone now :lol:
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:40 am

During my lunch break earlier it's just me and this cute waitress in the staff room. She asks me if i'll rock the vending machine for her because her mars bars got stuck. I give it a shake but the thing wont come loose because the metal loop has gotten caught on the wrapper. I figure if I shake it from the side it'll fall down, but decide not to tell her this. She goes back to work chocolate-less and minus 70p. After she's gone I shake the machine from the side and pocket the mars bar for later. I surprise her with it later on and get a hug and a kiss on the cheek for my efforts. 18 year olds are so easy. I'll give it til Wednesday before I've got her number.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 am

I like the way you play the game my son :yes:
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:My dog is my friend! :( It makes me sad that everyone on here seems to prefer cats.

I fucking love dogs. :3
I greatly enjoyed the reference, Joe.

Hannahwar: they are age 12 and really tight

drummerduba
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby drummerduba » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:During my lunch break earlier it's just me and this cute waitress in the staff room. She asks me if i'll rock the vending machine for her because her mars bars got stuck. I give it a shake but the thing wont come loose because the metal loop has gotten caught on the wrapper. I figure if I shake it from the side it'll fall down, but decide not to tell her this. She goes back to work chocolate-less and minus 70p. After she's gone I shake the machine from the side and pocket the mars bar for later. I surprise her with it later on and get a hug and a kiss on the cheek for my efforts. 18 year olds are so easy. I'll give it til Wednesday before I've got her number.

Smooth! :yes: