What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 am

Ensorcelled wrote:France would be nice if it was devoid of French people.

I really could do with deciding which fest I wanna go to this year, come to think of it.

I was thinking about that last night, then my friends tried talking to me about money. Ugh.
Decided that if I do any it'll be Bloodstock though. Line up is good, plus it's a fair bit cheaper than the rest (taking transport and what I usually spend into consideration).
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby kanet666 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

First uni exam went surprisingly well, looking at the marks I should have I should be looking at a bare minimum of 80%. In fact, I'm quite concerned that it was so easy actually.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:04 pm

kanet666 wrote:First uni exam went surprisingly well, looking at the marks I should have I should be looking at a bare minimum of 80%. In fact, I'm quite concerned that it was so easy actually.


They may moderate it. For the German coursework I did I got 72 but that got moderated down to 64. On the other hand I got 80% in a lab exam in one module so good luck to you being the only one that did so well on it :yes:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Danroush wrote:
kanet666 wrote:First uni exam went surprisingly well, looking at the marks I should have I should be looking at a bare minimum of 80%. In fact, I'm quite concerned that it was so easy actually.


They may moderate it. For the German coursework I did I got 72 but that got moderated down to 64. On the other hand I got 80% in a lab exam in one module so good luck to you being the only one that did so well on it :yes:


What? Seriously? Is this at Nottingham university? They never, ever did that in any of my classes in the English, History or Archaeology departments.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Fjar wrote:
Danroush wrote:
kanet666 wrote:First uni exam went surprisingly well, looking at the marks I should have I should be looking at a bare minimum of 80%. In fact, I'm quite concerned that it was so easy actually.


They may moderate it. For the German coursework I did I got 72 but that got moderated down to 64. On the other hand I got 80% in a lab exam in one module so good luck to you being the only one that did so well on it :yes:


What? Seriously? Is this at Nottingham university? They never, ever did that in any of my classes in the English, History or Archaeology departments.


Well lucky for you, but they do in the German department. Meanwhile in the Business School I have a lecturer who's literally incapable of doing his own multiple choice questions even after spending 40 minutes of the lecture on it, when I figured out the answer in 5 minutes. He also doesn't use the microphone properly, lies about his reasons for not putting up past paper answers, and makes blatant mistakes in his lectures, which instead of correcting, he realises, goes quiet for a little bit then carries on like the mistake didn't happen, only to later re explain the entire thing he was talking about because surprisingly enough the students didn't understand what he was on about due to the mistake.

Fucking disgrace.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Moonburp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Applied for another job at a games company that I'm actually qualified to do :D Also had a productive as fuck day.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Danroush wrote:
Well lucky for you, but they do in the German department. Meanwhile in the Business School I have a lecturer who's literally incapable of doing his own multiple choice questions even after spending 40 minutes of the lecture on it, when I figured out the answer in 5 minutes. He also doesn't use the microphone properly, lies about his reasons for not putting up past paper answers, and makes blatant mistakes in his lectures, which instead of correcting, he realises, goes quiet for a little bit then carries on like the mistake didn't happen, only to later re explain the entire thing he was talking about because surprisingly enough the students didn't understand what he was on about due to the mistake.

Fucking disgrace.


Tough break.

Make sure you fill in your evaluation form for that Business lecturer, or talk to the department head about him. You're paying for the education, he's not delivering. Unless the department know what's going on, nothing will change. Convince other students to do the same, too.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon
Posts: 12243
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Hellfast, Northern Fireland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Making myself a lovely rustic dinner involving champ and sausages, mushrooms, onions, apple slices and extra scallions all fucked in a dish and baked. Haven't decided whether to cover it in gravy or not yet. The sausages are pretty lean and i'm supposed to be eating healthier from now on so i may actually just leave it as it is.
Image
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Fjar wrote:
Danroush wrote:
Well lucky for you, but they do in the German department. Meanwhile in the Business School I have a lecturer who's literally incapable of doing his own multiple choice questions even after spending 40 minutes of the lecture on it, when I figured out the answer in 5 minutes. He also doesn't use the microphone properly, lies about his reasons for not putting up past paper answers, and makes blatant mistakes in his lectures, which instead of correcting, he realises, goes quiet for a little bit then carries on like the mistake didn't happen, only to later re explain the entire thing he was talking about because surprisingly enough the students didn't understand what he was on about due to the mistake.

Fucking disgrace.


Tough break.

Make sure you fill in your evaluation form for that Business lecturer, or talk to the department head about him. You're paying for the education, he's not delivering. Unless the department know what's going on, nothing will change. Convince other students to do the same, too.


I'm a course rep, we've mentioned it directly in meetings but it's not really achieved anything. I don't have him next semester though so personally I'll be fine (and I was lucky knowing the subject well anywat) but I really disagree with the mark he gave my essay, and probably next year's first years will end up with him too unless I say anything so will perhaps make a more direct and full complaint for the next meeting.

Unfortunately I have to be fairly careful about how I say things otherwise they won't take me seriously as they'll think I'm just moaning because I don't like him.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Danroush wrote:I'm a course rep


Ahh, I should have known. :lol: But yeah, keep at it - also you may still have him for second or third year modules, so it's worth persisting.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby kanet666 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Danroush wrote:
kanet666 wrote:First uni exam went surprisingly well, looking at the marks I should have I should be looking at a bare minimum of 80%. In fact, I'm quite concerned that it was so easy actually.


They may moderate it. For the German coursework I did I got 72 but that got moderated down to 64. On the other hand I got 80% in a lab exam in one module so good luck to you being the only one that did so well on it :yes:


Well, I only need to pass, I can't see them moderating it down THAT much. The exam was pretty much a carbon copy of the questions I'd done last night, which was nice.

It's also calmed me considerably, as I thought I was majorly unprepared until I saw the paper.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 pm

kanet666 wrote:
Danroush wrote:
kanet666 wrote:First uni exam went surprisingly well, looking at the marks I should have I should be looking at a bare minimum of 80%. In fact, I'm quite concerned that it was so easy actually.


They may moderate it. For the German coursework I did I got 72 but that got moderated down to 64. On the other hand I got 80% in a lab exam in one module so good luck to you being the only one that did so well on it :yes:


Well, I only need to pass, I can't see them moderating it down THAT much. The exam was pretty much a carbon copy of the questions I'd done last night, which was nice.

It's also calmed me considerably, as I thought I was majorly unprepared until I saw the paper.


Lucky for you, I've had all my friends suddenly explode into insanity right when I'm supposed to be revising. I ended up going to sleep at 9:30am today...


Fjar wrote:
Danroush wrote:I'm a course rep


Ahh, I should have known. :lol: But yeah, keep at it - also you may still have him for second or third year modules, so it's worth persisting.


Implying anything there? :lol: But yeah will do, just need to make sure I come across as unabrasive as possible because otherwise they just ignore you.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Turbo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Defrosting with Mulled Wine.

User avatar
NeglectedField
Denim Demon
Posts: 7999
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Bristol (non-native)

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Experimental meal. Mince, fennel seeds, onion, pepper, rice, hot chili powder, hot paprika, basil, parsley, touch of cinnamon, nutmeg, worcester sauce. Turned out great.

User avatar
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon
Posts: 4237
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 pm

I had a pretty stressful day baking but after a 2 hour class I came out with 2 loaves of Brioche, 2 Brioche buns, 12 danish pastries, 6 croissants and 4 pain au chocolats. Now to find someone to eat it all...