What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Noodle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 pm

I've never had home made croissants.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon
Posts: 4237
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:56 pm

I'd never actually made them from scratch before either. Making the pastry is incredibly time consuming and then shaping them is a real pain in the arse, so mreh. Probably won't do them again any time soon.

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Freyja » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:I had a pretty stressful day baking but after a 2 hour class I came out with 2 loaves of Brioche, 2 Brioche buns, 12 danish pastries, 6 croissants and 4 pain au chocolats. Now to find someone to eat it all...


:o can I come live with you please?


WMMHT: New Darkthrone track. It's all I was hoping for and more. Excellent end to a not-fantastic day. Also delicious supper and blueberries for pudding.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
NeglectedField
Denim Demon
Posts: 7999
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Bristol (non-native)

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 am

I'll eat those things when I'm in London, Annabel.

The Darkthrone track is pretty awesome, not quite what I was expecting, production wise at least.

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Noodle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 am

Learning to bake for a living.

Makes Jamie cook tea every night:

Scumbag Cookery Student Annabel
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 5258
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Some non-descript village in Ireland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:29 am

Image
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby peypea » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 am

In Los Angeles. Yeaaaah.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 5258
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Some non-descript village in Ireland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 am

I don't know if any of you know of AngryMetalGuy.com, but I'm a part of their writing staff now. They're posting one of my reviews next month. :D
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

User avatar
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon
Posts: 4237
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 am

Noodle wrote:Learning to bake for a living.

Makes Jamie cook tea every night:

Scumbag Cookery Student Annabel

:lol: That is actually what happens. It's fair though, he cooks and I bake!

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:59 pm

5th day at work and I've already lead a meeting on a database I created.

im 2 fkin pro at this.

And the guy i'm working with told me I had "Database expertise" and now I'm going work directly with him for some major projects. Fuck yea.
Image

x-tempus
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby x-tempus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Powerglove have a new UK / Europe booking agent - may finally get to see them in the UK :D well excited in anticipation
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby kanet666 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:07 pm

x-tempus wrote:Powerglove have a new UK / Europe booking agent - may finally get to see them in the UK :D well excited in anticipation


Really? That's awesome! They could always sub for Sonata Arctica in April so we can have Tony Kakko join them? (I wish)
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:22 pm

My boss has been slightly more pleasant today; more like her normal self. I was starting to wonder if I'd offended her. Another colleague assures me I haven't and I certainly can't think of anything I've ever said unless defending her when other departments moan about her behind her back or admitting that I try to makes things easier for her because of the stress she's under is offensive obviously....

I know I've got to stop the need of wanting to be loved by everyone because it's kinda concerning. Tbh it's not everyone, just people I like and respect.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

x-tempus
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby x-tempus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 pm

kanet666 wrote:
x-tempus wrote:Powerglove have a new UK / Europe booking agent - may finally get to see them in the UK :D well excited in anticipation


Really? That's awesome! They could always sub for Sonata Arctica in April so we can have Tony Kakko join them? (I wish)


pretty sure the entire crowd will know the words to Pokemon.

just been confirmed on their facebook page, be great to finally see them
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby kanet666 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:42 pm

x-tempus wrote:
kanet666 wrote:
x-tempus wrote:Powerglove have a new UK / Europe booking agent - may finally get to see them in the UK :D well excited in anticipation


Really? That's awesome! They could always sub for Sonata Arctica in April so we can have Tony Kakko join them? (I wish)


pretty sure the entire crowd will know the words to Pokemon.

just been confirmed on their facebook page, be great to finally see them


True, but I was thinking about going to Sonata Arctica anyway, two birds with one stone and all that.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry