What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

One day left of the 9 day week that I have hardly noticed go by.

Should be good to get a day off on Thursday. :yes:

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

9 day week? Fuck that for a laugh!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 pm

NeglectedField wrote:9 day week? Fuck that for a laugh!

Gone so quickly. Had a steady flow of 7-4s. Weren't as if I was doing my usual lot of early and lates. As I said, I have hardly noticed it.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Doing a different shift makes time pass so quickly.

That's a good point for any shiftworkers out there - if you need to quickly/easily boost your income temporarily - do a 7 or 9 day stint of longer shifts completely opposite to your regular hours. It'll be just like when you first started your job and time flew by.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Only thing I find truly nakering about working is when I have a week where I have one solitary night shift in the middle of it and have to make up 39 hours with the remaining three shifts I have left.

Monday 7am - 4pm, Tuesday 7pm - 9am, Friday/Saturday 7am - 5pm kills me every time. I haven't done it since October last year though, and I think I am going to see out the remaining time without that type of week too as the lady I now work with does this without moaning or anything. Fucking trooper she is.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Got a call from a job agency this morning. One of the jobs I applied for last week want to do a phone interview with me tomorrow morning.
It's a customer service call centre job, inbound only and likely to be boring as all hell, but it's a Mon-Fri 9-5 with a take-home of about £980, which is about £3k better than I'm on now, and with regular hours..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Applecore wrote:Got a call from a job agency this morning. One of the jobs I applied for last week want to do a phone interview with me tomorrow morning.
It's a customer service call centre job, inbound only and likely to be boring as all hell, but it's a Mon-Fri 9-5 with a take-home of about £980, which is about £3k better than I'm on now, and with regular hours..

Inbound only call centres are cool jobs I reckon - pretty easy as long as you pick up the proceses easily (drilled into you during basic training anyway). It gets shitty when you have 'sales targets' for pushing things like insurances etc. but apart from that it tends not to be that boring I don't think (not from what I saw after an afternoon at CPP anyway).

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm

One class left tomorrow morning, then I'm off to Belfast to spend 2 weeks at Jamie's :D

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Apparently it's not sales based, so it should be fairly easy. I'm fairly good at customer service as it is, as I always treat them how I'd expect to be treated myself (and yes, I fully expect people to be cursing my name when they see me coming/phoning, as I do to my customers. What they don't know, etc).
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Applecore wrote:Apparently it's not sales based, so it should be fairly easy. I'm fairly good at customer service as it is, as I always treat them how I'd expect to be treated myself (and yes, I fully expect people to be cursing my name when they see me coming/phoning, as I do to my customers. What they don't know, etc).

Go a step further. Don't just treat customers as you expect to be treated yourself, as every customer is different, has a different issue that needs tackled and has their own background behind it. Simply understand what the customer's issue is, and make sure you actually know what their problem is and how it is affecting them by repeating it back to them and let them know exactly what you are able to do it resolve it, and what they can do if what you offer is not good enough (should ace you the interview with that perspective).
Last edited by Jim on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 pm

^ In other words, write this shit down and say it in the interview. ;)
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Hooooome

Ndnd wrote:I use mainly use swim fit.

Today my plan was to be in the pool between 2 and 4 and then between 6.30 and 8.30.

My plan for first session
Warm up 35 lengths (min break after finishing the lengths)
Then 12 lengths development 6 with float on arms,6 legs.

Mainset is
16 lengths alternating between my fav fast and another slow.
use float and kick for 8
12 lengths fav stroke at fast pace.

Swim down will be

16 alternating between normal, float on arms, float on legss.

The swim fit says this will take an hour, I actually tend to take a bit longer as my fast is not that fast :oops: I then usually chuck on headphones and finish rest of free time doing skill development. My legs are much strong than my arms so I can kick and swim fine so I tend to try and work a bit more on using just arms

Tonights will be more about toning,

12 lengths alternating front crawl, breaststroke and backstroke every length.

Skill Development 12 lengths

Main Set 18 lengths .then 4 lengths using arms from one stroke, legs from different.
Swim down.

Friday I want to put in 7 hours over 2 sessions. but I think I will probably just end up doing normal lengths. or development.

Do you use swimfit? whats your routine? you can message me on Facebook if you want.

I tend to work my routine around free time I have. This week I'm on phased hours at work so I have a fair bit of free time so spending a lot of time in pool doing not that much (but it is psychological, makes me feel better even if it's just an hour of normal lengths it's better than a hour at computer). On days I only have an hour of so I tend to up the intensity.

Wow, that seems like loads. I tend to go about 3 times a week and do 1500-2000m in about 45 minutes concentrating on different sets each time. Some for technique, some sprints, some endurance.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:55 pm

siliconfury wrote:
Applecore wrote:Apparently it's not sales based, so it should be fairly easy. I'm fairly good at customer service as it is, as I always treat them how I'd expect to be treated myself (and yes, I fully expect people to be cursing my name when they see me coming/phoning, as I do to my customers. What they don't know, etc).

Go a step further. Don't just treat customers as you expect to be treated yourself, as every customer is different, has a different issue that needs tackled and has their own background behind it. Simply understand what the customer's issue is, and make sure you actually know what their problem is and how it is affecting them by repeating it back to them and let them know exactly what you are able to do it resolve it, and what they can do if what you offer is not good enough (should ace you the interview with that perspective).

Fucking good advice. Cheers dude!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:12 pm

I have also been in a telesales job, organising deliveries with people who've ordered furniture, it's easy, you read from a script, then obviously you make it sound more natural over time, it's easy to move about in different departments, unfortunately, I was ill for a week and a half with stomach infection, missed my training to move onto another department. If you work there for like four years, become a team leader and you get like £1.40 more an hour, crazy money!
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Good luck Craig.

I didnt manage all the second session (i cut it short by 20 mins as I was proper hungry and really needed to pee )

I'm actually pretty happy as usually I would beat myself up for failing, yet I'm actually genuinly happy with what I did.

Feeling pretty happy with stuff at moment. Focusing on myself rather than others and seem happier for it.
Also been working on new material and it might actually be finished this year :p
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...