What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby WorMzy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Been drinking Mead since 10am.

Quite, quite blitz'd.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:55 am

I had a pretty hectic hangover this morning. Pub called last orders about half an hour later than normal, and then went to a friend's house for a nightcap and to get a few bay leaves which ma forgot to get for the bread sauce and gravy stock. So what was meant to be a quiet pint or two ended up being 6 or 7, 2 whiskies and a quadruple Baileys. Was worth it for the bay leaves though. Slipped them into the bread sauce and stock when I got home about half 2 and then told ma in the morning it must have been Santa. She still hasn't figured out quite how I managed to find them after midnight on Christmas eve, probably thinks I broke into a restaurant or something.

Anyway because of that I took it very light on the drink today. Just had one bottle of spiced porter with my leftovers sandwich at tea time. Still had mighty craic though, largely due to my family's complete inability to not reference either the Bottom, Blackadder or Father Ted christmas specials every 2 minutes while playing charades.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:53 pm

I was on taxi duty yesterday so wasn't drinking much (just a glass of wine with lunch). Then I broke out the wine box once I got home and got throughly pished while playing Mass Effect.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:07 am

The "Noodle contemplates a faster car... Again" saga appears to have finally come to an end!

Clutch in the Focus is on its last legs, slipping if you put your foot down over 3000 rpm, and wheel bearings are on their way out. Cost of putting right: £370 fpr the clutch but didn't enquire about tge bearings. Seems really close to what the actual car's worth (W reg, 180-odd thousand miles, several niggles), so a bit of discussion with the mechanic we always use came up with a tempting prospect... It was probably a bit much to expect a 3.0 Legacy Spec B, tax and insurance (which has gone up anyway due to the house move) for under 4 grand, or anything else with 4 wheel drive and the sort of pace I'm after...

So, I now drive a 2004 Skoda Octavia VRS hatchback.

It's bright red and has a turbo.

Ok, it's not an estate, it's front wheel drive, the back has no lighting which combined with the tinted windows makes it darker than a cave at midnight, the CD autochanger is in the boot, the rear spoiler renders the rear view mirror mostly pointless, the driver's side headlight adjuster is broken, there's a silly "nurburgring" sticker on the back. It's basically most things I wasn't really looking for in a car.

However, what I do get is: Basically a Golf underneath, about the same bootspace as the Octavia estate, an option to fit a tow bar, a surprisingly economical engine when not pushing it (1.8l), a turbo that makes a hissing noise, nice handling, leather seats and a smile on my face every time I put my foot down. For £1200. It was available at the time, and the previous owner lives basically just a few houses from my parent's home.

The Focus is still on the drive at my parebt's, and I don't know what to do with it.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:24 am

Noodle wrote: ...and has a turbo.

Oh my god, there's another one. :o
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:36 am

Any of you twunts awake? I've re-discovered my love for my shisha pipe and Kraken.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:47 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Noodle wrote: ...and has a turbo.

Oh my god, there's another one. :o

Bastard.

To the other scouser I am awake, sort me some of that shisha you tight fisted git.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:31 am

Did you delete your facebook? I was about to give you shit about how I'm not a scouser and you're a southern twat. :(

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:22 am

Yep. You couldnt even send me a pm with that abuse. :(

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:21 pm

You're the worst kind of cunt. Also turns out Kraken can still put me on my arse. Fml.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Took it to BOA in 2011 as my festival spirit. I decided I don't like rum in the first mouthful. I have also decided that no spirit aside from gin is worth taking to a festival.

Guess soco would have been ideal, but I stopped drinking it because I fell over pissed 10 years ago and broke my thumb.

Don't you dare laugh.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:19 pm

SoCo, amaretto liquer and cherry coke is the best spirit mix I've ever brought to BOA.

Anyway, the hotel I'm staying with in Dublin with on Wednesday have had a cancellation and are squeezing me in for NYE as well. Expensive, but I'm like 95% sure of getting my hole on the night so glad I have a proper room for it.
Upcoming Gigs

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:53 am

Had a mate over for drinks. Good chinwag, I opened a bottle of cherry vodka and it tastes as amazing as I remember. My mate loves it too. Looks like ill be bringing two bottles back from Poland next time I go over. I love recommending genuinely good alcoholic drinks to people. :yes:

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Got given leftover turkey, leftover venison casserole and a fuckton of snacks (incl. Yule log) to take back to Bristol. I can deal.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:19 pm

I bought a Dunville's whiskey the other night after being informed it was only a fiver, which I thought was a steal for a distillery that closed down in 1936. As it turns out not only has the Dunville brand been revived (by the same people who make Feckin') their new distillery (the first in this part of the country since the one in Comber closed down in 1956) is in my childhood village of Kircubbin!
Upcoming Gigs