What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Mon May 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:
siliconfury wrote:
Purple n Batty wrote:That's what Office Angels told me anyway.

Well there's your problem. </huge dislike of recruitment agencies>

They're reputedly one of the worst as well. In my experience of recruitment agencies, the ones who are specific (in my case I was using legal specific ones) don't tend to be as bad, but general officey ones are next to useless.

When I was unemployed I would routinely apply for a job through an agency, go and meet them, they would promise me all sorts and then fuck all and that's not unusual. A lot of "jobs" they advertise is just to farm for CVs. I'd spend ages bugging them but to no avail. "Oooh the person you want is in a meeting" "ooh, they've just popped out the office". Wankers the lot of them, praying on the vulnerable (which, IMO, a lot of unemployed people are*).

HRGO are my most hated. They have spent 2/3 years sitting in Birkenhead jobcentre interviewing what surely by now must be the entire population of the town. If you've been employed in the last 6 months they will say things "Can you start Monday?" yeah great so you sign off. Friday comes and they don't want you anymore. This has happened on so many occasions that the staff won't point them in peoples directions anymore. I personally was offered a start on 4 seperate occasions only to be let down each and everytime. I told them to fuck off in the end.

Got some work through one but sadly I was physically unable to hit the high targets (along with 70% of the workforce!) and so I was let go. I'm presuming others were let go after me in the weeks afterwards.

Jim's right in a way. My current employers didn't care I was unemployed, they wanted to know whether I could do what they wanted. A lot will be like that but it's a matter of getting through the initial sift. Some don't like large unexplained gaps but in this climate should it be a black mark for being on JSA say for 6 months or longer? I don't think, certainly not round here.

*I say this because long term unemployed are willing to do just about anything and will be easier for agancies to take advantage of.

And whilst I'm ranting don't get me fucking started on sales jobs advertised as admin. Went to one interview expecting to do basic office shit. Not make outbound phone calls all evening to ask if you've had an accident in the last 3 years. Got that through Wallasey jobcentre - never did hear back from my complaint I put in regarding false job descriptions.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:I can go off you, y'know :P

Don't worry, I think I'm all out :P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon May 28, 2012 7:15 pm

tranmerefan wrote: Not make outbound phone calls all evening to ask if you've had an accident in the last 3 years. Got that through Wallasey jobcentre - never did hear back from my complaint I put in regarding false job descriptions.

Did you find out that was the job in the interview? I hope you told them what they're doing to every single person in the country's car insurance policies, and they should (and probably will soon) rot in jobless kerbsides.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon May 28, 2012 7:27 pm

siliconfury wrote:
tranmerefan wrote: Not make outbound phone calls all evening to ask if you've had an accident in the last 3 years. Got that through Wallasey jobcentre - never did hear back from my complaint I put in regarding false job descriptions.

Did you find out that was the job in the interview? I hope you told them what they're doing to every single person in the country's car insurance policies, and they should (and probably will soon) rot in jobless kerbsides.

Yep, the interview had started when they told me. I use interview loosly, as it was a group interview and alarm bells always start ringing at group interviews.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon May 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Probably wont be able to post this as I am running of my laptop battery, but the life on my one is pathetic. Been running on it for about 20 minutes and its nearly depleted. Running no programmes apart from chrome.

Contemplated getting a new battery, they're pretty dear and I dont hardly sit in the garden on the net anyway so its hardly worth it.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon May 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Stupid week long non-colds.
All the symptoms of a proper cold but only at a fraction of the strength.
Either come out completely and make me properly ill so I can get over it or just fuck off!

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Mon May 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:
siliconfury wrote:
Purple n Batty wrote:That's what Office Angels told me anyway.

Well there's your problem. </huge dislike of recruitment agencies>

They're reputedly one of the worst as well. In my experience of recruitment agencies, the ones who are specific (in my case I was using legal specific ones) don't tend to be as bad, but general officey ones are next to useless.

Which legal recruiters can you recommend? My background lies in law (paralegal/senior claims advisor).

When I lived in Birmingham and was with an agency after finishing uni they were fantastic but agencies such as this seem to be non existent nowadays. Got my CV registered with various sites. I love what I'm doing with the CAB but it doesn't pay :cry:
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue May 29, 2012 1:41 am

Snooker and pool are such frustrating games sometimes. Also, Robert Peston should start training himself to stop speaking like he has an ego bigger than New Zealand. You know a lot about pennies. Well done. I get the feeling that when he was at school, he was singled out as the 'weird one' and that made him even more determined to be different to absolutely everyone else ever in the world, which has had the side effect of also making him appear to be the most irritating twat in the world ever.

What? It's been ages since I've had a truly "first world problems" meme irritant.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Tue May 29, 2012 5:44 am

Wish I was already off, and heading away
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue May 29, 2012 6:00 am

I've been awake since half six. Why body, why?!
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Tue May 29, 2012 6:31 am

Snap.
I greatly enjoyed the reference, Joe.

Hannahwar: they are age 12 and really tight

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue May 29, 2012 7:01 am

My neighbours phone has been vibrating for the last five minutes, it's really fucking annoying. I can't wait to live in a completely detached bungalow again.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

knottyolly
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby knottyolly » Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 am

I can't seem to wake up today. :coffee:

Prometherion91 reincarnated!

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 am

This fucking cursed jet. Being a cunt. One thing after a bastard other. Cunt.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Tue May 29, 2012 2:43 pm

I just realised it is Tuesday not Monday.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs