What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:46 am

Nantha wrote:Every month I have been getting bonuses and notes saying 'good work' etc. I was fully under the impression that leaving early as I had done my work was acceptable, otherwise I wouldn't have done so.

That's really confusing. It should have been made clear that you wanted to leave early and that they were ok with it so they wouldn't be able to claim that you were taking advantage, but them sending out signals that everything was better than satisfactory is really weird, if they've suddenly turned around to say they're pissed off. :?

Your new job prospect sounds better.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:57 am

Was my first shift back to work yesterday after nearly 3 weeks off and its taken its toll, my back is killing me today

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 am

Doing a dry run of packing for Wacken. This is proving more difficult than previously thought.

PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby PhilMow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:58 am

Nantha wrote:
Littlemissmetal wrote:As much as they haven’t handled it well – you are in breach of contract if you don’t do the set hours. I can understand your reasons, but you could have brought it up with them – asked if there was any other work to fill your time or discussed your contract with them and pointed out that you finish regularly far earlier than the set period so ask for the contracted hours to be reduced accordingly or agree that they only pay you for the time you're actually there.

I hate to say it, but I think they’ve ever right to feel taken advantage of, even if they are handling it in an unreasonable manner.

I don't really know much about contracts and hours and how it all works, that stuff has always confused me.
Every month I have been getting bonuses and notes saying 'good work' etc. I was fully under the impression that leaving early as I had done my work was acceptable, otherwise I wouldn't have done so.
I've had a cleaning job before where the boss didn't mind if we left early so I guess I just assumed?
Also fuck asking them for more work to fill my time or pay me less :lol: Why would anyone do that?

I'd be heading down to Citizens Advice. Sounds like this could get nasty.
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 pm

looks east mids trains will be on strike during boa
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Nantha wrote:Every month I have been getting bonuses and notes saying 'good work' etc. I was fully under the impression that leaving early as I had done my work was acceptable, otherwise I wouldn't have done so.
I've had a cleaning job before where the boss didn't mind if we left early so I guess I just assumed?
Also fuck asking them for more work to fill my time or pay me less :lol: Why would anyone do that?

Whoah, they sound a little nuts actually :| at least you don't have to worry about it anymore.

And on reading back that was phrased appallingly badly, apologies :lol: I meant *they* should have stated they'd pay you the hours you were there if leaving early was an issue.

More work? Well I would, but that's only because NOBODY wants to have to spend time around me when I'm bored - it's not pretty :P
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:21 pm

The parts I have to do are all really fiddly and they're taking forever. And I don't want to work on my birthday but I have to. Poo. I want to just lie around and eat cake all day.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Metal_saddle wrote:looks east mids trains will be on strike during boa

Read that as London Midland for a moment. Thank fuck :lol:

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:00 pm

[/quote]I'd be heading down to Citizens Advice. Sounds like this could get nasty.[/quote]

The CAB would just direct you to here: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e.htm which is self-help information.

They would also tell you to give ACAS a call who deal with employment issues. Their number is 08457 47 47 47.

Your friendly Bloodstock Forum Citizens Advice Bureau Telephone Gateway Assessor :D
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:02 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:
Metal_saddle wrote:looks east mids trains will be on strike during boa

Read that as London Midland for a moment. Thank fuck :lol:

According to the BBC the strike is on the 6 - 8th of August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18899474

I'm London Midland as well and it only costs about £15 return from Liverpool. :D

This got me worried but apparently i'm London Midland too! :D
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Deli Kate » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

I need staff.
No one wants to work

Bum.
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Humperdink
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Humperdink » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:55 pm

My body doesnt seem to like anaesthetic much. I've been having a lot of work done on my teeth recently, and my dentist ALWAYS has to stop mid filling to re-inject me because I can feel everything :( It made me really, really ill for a week last time too. It's really not very nice. And I have to have a tooth out next week, and I'm dreading it incase the same happens with that! DDDDD:
Yes. I probably love Opeth more than you do.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm

So, I can definitely tell that my glasses were indeed fucked up at the Arnocorps gig in London - and to add salt to the wounds, it was most likely their singer who did it. Not intentionally, obviously, but he was still a bit silly to enter the stage from the crowd - especially when he insisted on grabbing me and Ania to pull himself up without a fair warning first.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:32 pm

fluffymoo wrote:So, I can definitely tell that my glasses were indeed fucked up at the Arnocorps gig in London - and to add salt to the wounds, it was most likely their singer who did it. Not intentionally, obviously, but he was still a bit silly to enter the stage from the crowd - especially when he insisted on grabbing me and Ania to pull himself up without a fair warning first.

Noooo :<
He was a bit of a douche to be honest.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Oh well, shit happens D: I just didn't expect the crowd to be quite so mental either. The complete lack of security was worrying to say the least...

Lol'd at the guy who came out after getting his head kicked, he still insisted that it wasn't a real Arno-gig unless you get hurt. Tosser.