What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ndnd
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Ndnd » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:47 pm

:( You should have said. I could have reset them for you Sunday . They have probably been moved slightly so the PDs are a bit out, but take them back to the Opticians and they will set them for you.

Shame Id have done it if I had known :( :hug:
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Oh, thank you anyway Kim! I'll probably swing by SpecSavers at some point - they fixed my last pair for free when I got my new ones, just so I'd have a spare pair. The damage isn't too bad, it just hurts quite a bit around my nose atm.

:hug:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 am

Camping trip at Slieve Carn was cut a bit short because of the glorious Irish summer. Still glad to get out of Belfast even if only for 24 very windy and rainy hours. If I had've known in advance that we'd only be there one night not too I would've brought less food and could actually have afforded some booze.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 am

Well I just raged so hard I launched my coffee across the kitchen.

A few of you know about the situation with my ex, well it seems the penny has finally dropped. My friend was telling me she heard a fairly strong rumour that she was looking to move to Germany, now she'd been learning German when we were together but I've been thinking over and over "Why Germany? She knows no one over there"

I suddenly remembered an arguement we had, she was doing her usual, staying awake while I slept and going to bed when I went to work - when she was awake she was constantly on Warcraft talking to one of her guild mates. A German guy. Now when I say constantly talking I mean constantly - there was never a time when she wasn't on and he wasn't. I basically said she was spending more time with a guy on WoW than she was with her fiancé.

This may seem like a fairly big assumption but I don't think it's an illogical step to make. Which means she's had this in her head even when we together.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:26 am

someone transferred department at work, he did mostly the same shifts as me but did thursday night instead of sunday. so i asked if i could move to those shifts, which would also mean a change of job but not department, meaning they'd have me there to do everything i do now if they really needed me to, but not on a sunday. i've been doing everything for them for the last month, i've been squeezing 3 peoples jobs into my shift on top of my own work to help them and last night the manager said she cant justify changing my shifts, but she wants me to keep doing what i've been doing. fuck that, im the only person in the shop who has to work til 10 on saturday AND sunday, as well as doing 4 jobs because they cant be bothered hiring anyone. back to doing my own work only and looking for something else now :x

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:32 am

This is the downside to becoming indispensable in a team - the boss tends not to give you flexibility because you do so much work in lieu of other people. Hence it saves him money on wages.

Work smarter, not harder ;)
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Bisset wrote:Well I just raged so hard I launched my coffee across the kitchen.

A few of you know about the situation with my ex, well it seems the penny has finally dropped. My friend was telling me she heard a fairly strong rumour that she was looking to move to Germany, now she'd been learning German when we were together but I've been thinking over and over "Why Germany? She knows no one over there"

I suddenly remembered an arguement we had, she was doing her usual, staying awake while I slept and going to bed when I went to work - when she was awake she was constantly on Warcraft talking to one of her guild mates. A German guy. Now when I say constantly talking I mean constantly - there was never a time when she wasn't on and he wasn't. I basically said she was spending more time with a guy on WoW than she was with her fiancé.

This may seem like a fairly big assumption but I don't think it's an illogical step to make. Which means she's had this in her head even when we together.

That sucks Dave :( :hug:

PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby PhilMow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 am

Aye that sucks. Big time.

Sending you a big man :hug:
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 am

The guy opposite me in the office is generally a nice guy.. but when he gets stressed, fucking hell he types like the Hulk. You know when people take the piss and pretend to type really fast and hard? He does that by default. I feel like he's going to break something. :|
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 am

:( Shit, as much as it sucks, try not to do anything irrational.
Just remember even if she moves there, and even if they get together, you can only know someone so much online, and chances are the relationship will fail miserably and then she'll just be stuck in Germany with no friends and family, probably come crawling back and regret her stupid decisions :hug: .

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:03 pm

As hard as it is, try and remember the flipside - if that's the sort of dishonest underhand person she is, you're much better off without her.

It still sucks to find that kind of thing out though - have a :hug:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Cheers all, I don't plan on doing anything irrational but to be honest - I feel like a fucking chump. Definitely better not being with her but I still feel shitty. Thanks for hugs :D
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Big hugs for you buddy, that's just not fair!
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

UtopianBlaster7
Denim Demon

Postby UtopianBlaster7 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Working my way through my Dad's Sopranos box sets for about a week and today I find out the last disc of Season 4 doesn't work. FUCK
Wise Guy

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Fjar wrote:The guy opposite me in the office is generally a nice guy.. but when he gets stressed, fucking hell he types like the Hulk. You know when people take the piss and pretend to type really fast and hard? He does that by default. I feel like he's going to break something. :|

Wouldn't the Hulk type by just smashing the keyboard into very small pieces with his fists?
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!