What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 pm

I never understood how so many people buy pets.

Like I'd love a dog, but how the fuck would I keep it if I was working all day?

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Jobdone wrote:I never understood how so many people buy pets.

Same! The only way I'd get a dog or something similar would be if I was in the situation where I wasn't working every day and I had a fairly large house with a big garden. I'd love a dog, but anything less (I feel) would be unfair to the wee beastie.

So I'm never going to have a pet that isn't fish. :(
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:57 pm

So bheesically. I asked someone I was working alongside this weekend if he had any jobs going, as he's lead sound for a big theatre and venue near me and I need work. And he said they were hoping to recruit around September/October time for Panto season etc. I was really chuffed :)
Howeverrr, he sort of hung round me the whole time looking really nervous, and I'm pretty good at telling when someone has taken an interest in me... which sadly may be the case.
I get home and he's somehow found my facebook, shitbags.

Do I A. accept the add, and potentially put him off employing me as he sees my recent status' bitching about employers, unprofessional-ism and photos of me drunk and indecent etc.

B. Ignore the add, which could maybe insult him or pass up the opportunity to get to know him and impress him enough to think I'm employable?

Or. C. What is this limited profile malark? :P

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 pm

That's why you get a cat, as they aren't completely incapable of looking after themselves for a few hours :P
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Danroush wrote:

That's why you get a cat, as they aren't completely incapable of looking after themselves for a few hours :P

You could do it if you got a dog flap, it just might get lonely/depressed. Probably not worth it.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Nantha wrote:Do I A. accept the add, and potentially put him off employing me as he sees my recent status' bitching about employers, unprofessional-ism and photos of me drunk and indecent etc.

B. Ignore the add, which could maybe insult him or pass up the opportunity to get to know him and impress him enough to think I'm employable?

Sit on it for a bit, I'd say.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 am

Danroush wrote:

But cats are awful.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:36 am

jackcake wrote:The one time I allowed a pet in my car it stayed in its cage, in the passenger seat for the whole trip. Safest place for it and everyone else. People are bloody stupid.

The odd time the cat has to travel by car (she hates it) she's in her carrier either strapped to the seat with the seatbelt or on a passenger's knee (preferable as she seems less stressed out this way) - I doubt it would go down very well to your insurance company or the police if your reason for crashing was "the cat was climbing all over my face" :rolleyes:

@Nantha - you can add someone as a friend and then set them as an acquaintance in the drop down menu - then in Privacy Settings (can't remember precisely which bit) you can set all your posts to show to "Friends except Acquaintances" , or I think there's a "Restricted" list in the same section somewhere.

However, it doesn't affect older posts unless you change them so you'd have to do a bit of combing back through if there's things you don't want him to see.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:41 am

Had to wake at 6 today to get place ready for plumber. I'm in a lot of pain at moment too.
I just drank a couple of cups of coffee and I have no bathroom for the day.

Keep seeing pictures from BBQ last night and feel disgusting.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 am

Nantha wrote:So bheesically. I asked someone I was working alongside this weekend if he had any jobs going, as he's lead sound for a big theatre and venue near me and I need work. And he said they were hoping to recruit around September/October time for Panto season etc. I was really chuffed :)
Howeverrr, he sort of hung round me the whole time looking really nervous, and I'm pretty good at telling when someone has taken an interest in me... which sadly may be the case.

Do I A. accept the add, and potentially put him off employing me as he sees my recent status' bitching about employers, unprofessional-ism and photos of me drunk and indecent etc.

I think you're within your rights to decline him, if you explain that you find it inappropriate as you might be working for him? My friend uses limited profiles for a lot of people, I think it's in privacy settings, you can control how much certain people see?
It's a difficult situation really.

WPMOT: Back in the office today and the weather is set to be amazing.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:48 am

Following up from my shit weekend I've now missed my train back so am going to get to work an hour and a half late, fucking great.

Re: pets.

My brother recently got a little dog despite both him and his partner working 9 - 6 Monday to Friday, they come home at lunch to let it out for a bit but needless to say when they get home later its often ripped its mat to pieces and crapped everywhere.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 am

Nantha wrote:So bheesically. I asked someone I was working alongside this weekend if he had any jobs going, as he's lead sound for a big theatre and venue near me and I need work. And he said they were hoping to recruit around September/October time for Panto season etc. I was really chuffed :)

+1 on what Ania said really. And tbh, I think it's the best you can do - decline, and if he asks, just tell him it's not very appropriate.

I had kids from work adding me on FB, and I did add a couple because I knew them before I started working there - but eventually it just felt really weird and more and more kids (that I didn't really know very well) started adding me as well. I deleted all of them and ignored the requests I got, and if anyone would ask why I'd just explain that it's a private profile.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:42 am

I love having a day I can lie in then my Mum spending her day from 7am onwards standing outside my room shouting on the phone, making the dog bark and run up and down the stairs, slamming every door in the house. It's not like I've been in work for 12 days in a row working 10 hour shifts at times with no sleep... :x

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 pm

My GP surgery, in its infinite lack of any semblance of wisdom, have lost my discharge slip from A&E detailing the meds they gave me at the hospital and also pointing out I need them to be available for a repeat prescription because I don’t function without them a good half of the time.

To cut a long angry rant short – it’s looking like I won’t have them for BOA because there’s no record of the need for a repeat prescription – despite the fact I handed it to them in person several weeks ago. :(

Time for yet another call to my consultant to ask him to get the Stupid Stick out and start cracking heads – this won’t be the first time he’s had to straighten them out. :rolleyes:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:56 pm

fluffymoo wrote:
I had kids from work adding me on FB, and I did add a couple because I knew them before I started working there - but eventually it just felt really weird and more and more kids (that I didn't really know very well) started adding me as well. I deleted all of them and ignored the requests I got, and if anyone would ask why I'd just explain that it's a private profile.

I have a work profile and a real life profile. I might reside and work in the land of make believe but I live for 9 weeks in the real world and I don't want them to cross over into each other.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.