What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby PhilMow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Fjar wrote:After weeks of rain and shitty weather we finally get some warmth and sunshine. Wtf is wrong with the people in this office that they insist on putting the air conditioning on full? It's really not that hot. We're on the ground floor (in a BASEMENT no less) and they still think it's so unbearably hot that the room needs to turn into a fridge. Plus the pump is right above my desk and it's noisy as fuck.
come on, you know how it works, if it's cold out you have to make it warmer than your comfortable with, and if it's hot out (no matter how long you've moaned about it not being hot) you have to make it cold as soon as possible.
It's the British way. If we were content what would we moan about?

Pretty much the reason our a/c was taken out of our old studio and not put into the new one
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am

Girl who was supposed to have texted me by now to tell me when she's on her lunch break so i can go into town to sell her my bloodstock ticket hasn't yet, meaning i have absolutely no money for today.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 pm

So angry. Since I let Gary use my Ebay account at the end of last year to sell stuff he got me a negative feedback which has now brought my percentage down to 98.1 which is fucking ridiculous seeing as it was only ONE negative. But whatever. Means that just now when I went to bid on a BOA ticket in the last few seconds I was told I wasn't allowed because the seller had restricted only full feedbacks to bid.

I am actually fucking livid.
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:17 pm

I got followed by some guys in a car whilst I was cycling into town yesterday. They were crawling alongside me shouting and singing things at me for about 5-10 minutes. They wern't bad things, quite the opposite, but I wasn't really up for attention whilst cycling on a fold up bike wearing a hi-vis :|

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Girl who was supposed to have texted me by now to tell me when she's on her lunch break so i can go into town to sell her my bloodstock ticket hasn't yet, meaning i have absolutely no money for today.

If she doesn't want it, i'll take it from you :D

/opportunism
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 pm

i_am_a_viking wrote:So angry. Since I let Gary use my Ebay account at the end of last year to sell stuff he got me a negative feedback which has now brought my percentage down to 98.1 which is fucking ridiculous seeing as it was only ONE negative. But whatever. Means that just now when I went to bid on a BOA ticket in the last few seconds I was told I wasn't allowed because the seller had restricted only full feedbacks to bid.

Woah, I didn't know people could do that :?
Dont worry though, you'll get a ticket :) probably find someone selling one for cheaper on this forum!

Also, if you type in 'bloodstock ticket' to the facebook search bar and then click 'public posts' you'll see a load of folks who've made public posts selling their tickets :)

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:50 pm

My mission to find some wellies for BOA failed miserably.

God damn horse rider's calves. Us folks with pronounced calf muscles need footwear too, y'know :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Nantha wrote:
i_am_a_viking wrote:So angry. Since I let Gary use my Ebay account at the end of last year to sell stuff he got me a negative feedback which has now brought my percentage down to 98.1 which is fucking ridiculous seeing as it was only ONE negative. But whatever. Means that just now when I went to bid on a BOA ticket in the last few seconds I was told I wasn't allowed because the seller had restricted only full feedbacks to bid.

Woah, I didn't know people could do that :?
Dont worry though, you'll get a ticket :) probably find someone selling one for cheaper on this forum!

Also, if you type in 'bloodstock ticket' to the facebook search bar and then click 'public posts' you'll see a load of folks who've made public posts selling their tickets :)

Apparently so :( I just tried typing that in and it only came up with friends for some reason. I'll get one anyway, just pissed cos this one had parking as well. Ugh.
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:05 pm

PhilMow wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Fjar wrote:After weeks of rain and shitty weather we finally get some warmth and sunshine. Wtf is wrong with the people in this office that they insist on putting the air conditioning on full? It's really not that hot. We're on the ground floor (in a BASEMENT no less) and they still think it's so unbearably hot that the room needs to turn into a fridge. Plus the pump is right above my desk and it's noisy as fuck.
come on, you know how it works, if it's cold out you have to make it warmer than your comfortable with, and if it's hot out (no matter how long you've moaned about it not being hot) you have to make it cold as soon as possible.
It's the British way. If we were content what would we moan about?

Pretty much the reason our a/c was taken out of our old studio and not put into the new one

I will stab to death any cunt who tries to take aircon away from me.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:My mission to find some wellies for BOA failed miserably.

God damn horse rider's calves. Us folks with pronounced calf muscles need footwear too, y'know :lol:

Arn't Huntress wellies by Hunter made for women with more pronounced calves? /superexpensive
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Wouldn't your riding boots be enough to tackle dirt/mud of BOA?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:38 pm

V-Man wrote:

Arn't Huntress wellies by Hunter made for women with more pronounced calves? /superexpensive

I got my Hunter wellies for £15 8)

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Aren't the normal green wellies you can get from Countrywide and such really loose around the leg anyway? I guess it might be different if you have tiny feet though.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 pm

I find that wellies in fashion shops are cut narrower. Which is silly, plus it gives you blisters. I think the standard ones are cheaper and more hard-wearing anyway.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 pm

My feet are still scarred from wellies at Download. But the weather PROBABLY won't be as bad at BOA so I'll be bringing a spare of runners this time :lol:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!