What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Womble
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Womble » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:41 pm

NBC are showing the Olympics in America, and they edited the 7/7 tribute out of the opening ceremony so they could show adverts.

If a British network cut a 9/11 tribute out of something, could you imagine the shitstorm?

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:46 pm

What do you expect from Yanks?
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Considering some of the comments a certain one has made in the past couple of weeks, not much better.

Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Deli Kate » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:11 pm

People who say 'If you need any help.... etc' then when you ask act as if you've asked them to amputate a limb.
If you can't help just say so, and No. I'm not cancelling Bloodstock :x
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:44 pm

One of the chanterelle strings (the one that play the melody) on my gurdy has just snapped.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Chugging_Pus
Warrior of Metal

Postby Chugging_Pus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Unfortunately drivers like those above are the reason I am now getting rid of my car for good. Been in too many near accidents where people have not been looking, including one last week where I actually got threatened because I dared to beep at someone that nearly caused a 4 car pile up.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:39 pm

I was driving into work yesterday morning, there are two lanes up to some traffic lights after which it merges into one lane. Not really a problem. Crossed the lights, took up my position in the middle of the lane but I still managed to get some cunt undertake me with barely a couple of inches to spare.

I seriously need to invest in a dash cam because Balsall Heath seems to attract the absolute worst of the worst of Britain's drivers.

Today, I downloaded the Sponsorship Festival opening ceremony on the iPlayer. What a waste of four hours and 2.5GB.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Haha I'm not normally one to chip in with motoring experiences because the novelty wears off pretty quick when are doing alot of driving regularly but when in Rome....

The other day I was driving up the M6 to where it meets the M5, the A34 joins the M6 just before the slip road so it briefly becomes 5 lanes. I was in the middle lane (previously the left lane of the M6) because that is the one that feeds to the M5, and a woman driving a big audi in the far left lane (A34) realised she was heading for the M5 when she must have wanted the M6 so she just blindly dived across 3 lanes sending everyone else breaking and dodging. It was fairly busy and she was 1 car in about 30 nearby as well as being two lanes away but I'd still seen her out of the corner of my eye. I just managed to jump on the horn as she crossed the paint into my lane before she slammed right into the side of me making her look round like a deer in headlights and straighten up. Worst of all she had been just in front of me to start with but was doing about 45-50 on a motorway moving 60+ so all she did was slide backwards into everyone behind me. Silly bitch.

Oh and I saw someone reversing down the motoway sliproad to the M42 the other week.

And last week I saw a guy reversing around spaghetti junction - when it wasn't rush hour. The significance being that at rush hour certain bits of spaghetti are in deadlock making it not that bad. He was doing it at like 4pm when all the traffic was still moving at like 60.

I'll probably think of some others later too, that was just the last fortnight. Long story short people are idiots and no one - no matter how safe they think they are.... even if it's Steve (or me).... actually drives safely. Cars should just be illegal for everyone's safety.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Not enough Sharron Davies on the Olympic swimming coverage. This had better improve fast, or I am writing a letter of complaint.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Not enough Sharron Davies on the Olympic swimming coverage. This had better improve fast, or I am writing a letter of complaint.

I forgot she existed! Me and her son were really good friends in primary school 8)

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:50 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Not enough Sharron Davies on the Olympic swimming coverage. This had better improve fast, or I am writing a letter of complaint.

I forgot she existed! Me and her son were really good friends in primary school 8)

Git. :lol:

I might have been forced to frequent the house a little to often in your place.....

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:
TheLotusEater193 wrote:

Git. :lol:

I might have been forced to frequent the house a little to often in your place.....

:lol: But she's not even hot anymore! Her face looks quite masculine nowadays...

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:11 pm

Maybe just starting to lose a little, but considering she is nearly 50 I think she looks pretty good still.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 am

Stupidly had saucepan on hob and added boiling water and it spat out burning me :(
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:09 am

May have forgotten how irritating the process of applying for jobs and contacting agencies and then the inevitable waiting afterwards is.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic