What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 pm

siliconfury wrote:Why can't he just do an inspection visit?

You have the right to refuse btw, he has to give 24 hours notice to enter your premises, and I would consider a webcam conversation to be equivalent to entering premises.

She doesn't live there yet.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

one rode to asa bay
Denim Demon

Postby one rode to asa bay » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:26 pm

I lost my Skagos shirt on the weekend and now I've lost my umbrella.
UtopianBlaster7 wrote:theres always so much shite plays these sorts of fest "ribbet ribbet vaginal death ribbet ribbet gore"

Andy Hall wrote:yeah but she likes arseholes, literally

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Fjar wrote:

You have the right to refuse btw, he has to give 24 hours notice to enter your premises, and I would consider a webcam conversation to be equivalent to entering premises.

Yeah, this is prior to moving in. Admittedly he doesn't normally allow students because of payment issues but he made an exception as my parents are paying. I guess it could be to check i'm not scummy student as i'll be living with "professionals" in a fairly well kept house.

He did want to meet me in person but I won't be back in London until after the contract is meant to begin, so the estate agent said he wants a webcam chat. I asked just to speak on the phone but he said he wanted to do a skype/facetime thing :? Surely he can learn as much as he needs to know from speaking to me...he doesn't need to see what I look like.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:30 pm

NeglectedField wrote:
Turbo wrote:Back at work tomorrow after 8 glorious days off for my birthday.

So yeah, tomorrow will consist of 20% working and 80% OMFG YOU HAVE SHORT HAIR. I even tried to desensitise people by saying this is the last shift I am working with long hair. Oh well. Only 8 hours of "I preferred you with long hair," and me replying "I am still the same cunt."

Still no photo like!

It will happen when I can be arsed. Not a big one for taking photos of myself so I need to get someone else to do it.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:31 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:
Fjar wrote:

Yeah, this is prior to moving in. Admittedly he doesn't normally allow students because of payment issues but he made an exception as my parents are paying. I guess it could be to check i'm not scummy student as i'll be living with "professionals" in a fairly well kept house.

He did want to meet me in person but I won't be back in London until after the contract is meant to begin, so the estate agent said he wants a webcam chat. I asked just to speak on the phone but he said he wanted to do a skype/facetime thing :? Surely he can learn as much as he needs to know from speaking to me...he doesn't need to see what I look like.
Wear a Guy Fawkes/Anonymous mask :P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:34 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:
Fjar wrote:

He wants to be discriminatory and judge you based on appearance, simple as that. It 'aint fair or right, and you could choose to reject the place based on the fact that you don't agree with him judging like that, but I'm guessing you'd rather just go for it anyway, your choice.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Well, fair enough, I guess. I've arranged to have the lease start a week later so I have time to meet up with him in person after christmas. I'll guess I'll just have to make sure i'm lookin' super hot...

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:45 pm

If I was a landlord, I'd probably be discriminatory against someone who looks like a proper scummer. If someone isn't bothered enough to look after themselves then it doesn't bode well for them looking after the place they want to rent off of you. I guess it's even more of a concern if you are gonna be house sharing with a load of professional types, they wouldn't be too happy if a loud, gobby pisshead waster student was to turn up and listen to shit music proper loud all night and leave chunks of puke in the sink.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 pm

I do agree with that, but I still think you can learn that from someone over the phone, and if you can't then you probably won't see it over skype either. I like to think as long as I don't turn up stinky or unkempt (which I wouldn't anyway), I should be good.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Postgraduate application. Really not sure what I'm doing here.

LuckyStrike
Warrior of Metal

Postby LuckyStrike » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 am

not too much.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:23 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:I do agree with that, but I still think you can learn that from someone over the phone, and if you can't then you probably won't see it over skype either. I like to think as long as I don't turn up stinky or unkempt (which I wouldn't anyway), I should be good.

You say that, but this reminds me of when me and a friend gave a punk called Dego and his mate a lift back to Peterborough from the Rancid gig last week.
Dego's just over 6ft tall, early-mid 40's, covered in tattoos and loads of piercings on his face. His hair is always up in liberty spikes, and he's usually got a can of beer in his hand.
So, not the type of bloke you'd offer a lift in your nice, new car.
Only reason we did, was because I'd met him loads of times before and he's actually a sound bloke once you get talking to him.
Anyway. He looks pretty scruffy and dodgy (largely due to him following bands on tour, hitching rides between shows, which often means sleeping rough for a night or two in a row), but while we were driving back to Peterborough, he phoned up a local hotel to sort himself and his mate a room for the night. You've never heard anyone sound so professional and polite over the phone. The person on the other end must've thought he was a Scottish businessman, or someone quite well off. Shame I didn't get to see their face when he walked into reception :lol:

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of people act/talk differently (subconsciously and on purpose) on the phone. So maybe this landlord is just checking (as others have said) that you "look the part", so to speak. Remember, most people make their minds up about someone before even sharing a word. It's pretty shitty, but when it's his property he's letting out, you can't really blame him for wanting to be wary of who he's renting to.

All that said, if he doesn't give you the place based on looks then he's a cunt.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Applecore wrote:
TheLotusEater193 wrote:I do agree with that, but I still think you can learn that from someone over the phone, and if you can't then you probably won't see it over skype either. I like to think as long as I don't turn up stinky or unkempt (which I wouldn't anyway), I should be good.

You say that, but this reminds me of when me and a friend gave a punk called Dego and his mate a lift back to Peterborough from the Rancid gig last week.
Dego's just over 6ft tall, early-mid 40's, covered in tattoos and loads of piercings on his face. His hair is always up in liberty spikes, and he's usually got a can of beer in his hand.
So, not the type of bloke you'd offer a lift in your nice, new car.
Only reason we did, was because I'd met him loads of times before and he's actually a sound bloke once you get talking to him.
Anyway. He looks pretty scruffy and dodgy (largely due to him following bands on tour, hitching rides between shows, which often means sleeping rough for a night or two in a row), but while we were driving back to Peterborough, he phoned up a local hotel to sort himself and his mate a room for the night. You've never heard anyone sound so professional and polite over the phone. The person on the other end must've thought he was a Scottish businessman, or someone quite well off. Shame I didn't get to see their face when he walked into reception :lol:

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of people act/talk differently (subconsciously and on purpose) on the phone. So maybe this landlord is just checking (as others have said) that you "look the part", so to speak. Remember, most people make their minds up about someone before even sharing a word. It's pretty shitty, but when it's his property he's letting out, you can't really blame him for wanting to be wary of who he's renting to.

All that said, if he doesn't give you the place based on looks then he's a cunt.

Yep, I have a mate who sounds is the Grindcore equivalent of that guy Dego (i.e. just back from a festival in Austria where he missed all the bands at a festival by getting so drunk on the first night he punched a door through and was kicked out, and then got the shit kicked out of him by the Austrian police etc) yet he's the most polite cunt you can imagine on the phone.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Having a tough time re-adapting to home life. Also ronery.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 pm

not feeling too confident about how my interview went :(
Ah well, theres always the dole....