What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Purple n Batty » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Went to turn the lamp on in the room I'm staying in at my sisters and smacked my head on the part of the sloping roof. Bloody hurt and now I have a large red mark likely to turn into a large bruise.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:03 am

We just had a game of Articulate. My littlest sibling stormed out in tears :lol: It's fucking sad how competitive and critical we all are of each other, especially me and my elder sister, but damn it feels good to shit on her parade sometimes.
New years resolution: Support my siblings and encourage them in everything they do :P fat chance!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:04 am

The increasingly annoying and pointless ways that toy manufacturers package their products. Toy cars, dolls, anything really - all strapped down using metal twine wrapped around plastic tags, immovable plastic clips that require a screwdriver and an oxyacetylene blowtorch to get through, and more fingernail splitting, flesh tearing methods of torture to be endured before finally being able to prise open the now already damaged contents from their maximum security housing.

So, you've got a Rapunzel doll in full wedding dress and a veil made out of delicate, flimsy material. What do you do to pin it back? Possibly an elastic band or some form of hair tie? No. You use metal wire bent over and twisted so far over it rips the material even before you get a chance to try and get it out of the box.
Why not send it back? Ever tried telling a seven year old the present she wanted the most, and has only just opened, has to go back? No chance. It's got a hole in it, I'm angry, but there's nothing I can do about it apart from write an angry e-mail. And I don't even know if I can be bothered now anyway as my daughter loves it, hole and all.

Still.
Twats.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:12 am

A friend not letting up on joking about my appearance. If I get called "junkie" one more time, i'll end up socking him one.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:28 am

I'd take that over 'AIDS' :P

Talking of ridiculous packaging, my Sennheiser MX470s my bro got me this xmas could have come in less packaging though thankfully I didn't do unto them getting them out. They do come with a ridiculous variety of pad/ring things though.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:31 am

Moonburp wrote:A friend not letting up on joking about my appearance. If I get called "junkie" one more time, i'll end up socking him one.

Wtf.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 am

NeglectedField wrote:Talking of ridiculous packaging, my Sennheiser MX470s my bro got me this xmas could have come in less packaging though thankfully I didn't do unto them getting them out. They do come with a ridiculous variety of pad/ring things though.

I recently got a set of sennheiser headphones and it was like a bloody aptitude test having to liberate them from the packaging.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 am

Moonburp wrote:A friend not letting up on joking about my appearance. If I get called "junkie" one more time, i'll end up socking him one.

I'll punch him in the balls when I'm back? My aim is even better.

WPMOT: Someone here is making up shit about me and bitching to people because we don't get on.
I am kind of looking forwards to getting away from the island. The drinking and drug culture here is not something I really enjoy...
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:50 am

I hate being on call, it's like being off work but not being able to go anywhere, I'd rather just be in work
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Throwing out clothes and shoes ready for the move in two days :( ouch

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Nantha wrote:Throwing out clothes and shoes ready for the move in two days :( ouch

Why not donate them to a charity shop? Better than binning them.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Azubi wrote:
Nantha wrote:Throwing out clothes and shoes ready for the move in two days :( ouch

Why not donate them to a charity shop? Better than binning them.

I've got one bag for ebay, one for the charity shop and one bag for the bin. Binned stuff is clothes with holes in, broken shoes held together by glue etc that they won't take anyway.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Reminder to self to not fucking bother with some people. Save some money maybe.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Turned on the hot water about 40 mins ago so I could have a shower before I went out. The water's still cold because my brother tried to run a bath and everyone's using the washing machine. I'm going to be seriously late now :evil:

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:A 5 year old.

Got an iPad.

What the actual fuck. I had Thomas The Tank Engine sets when I was 5 and I felt rich as fuck with them. :lol:

I had a six year old teaching me how to play Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds on her bright pink 'tablet' today, whatever the hell that is.