What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Having randomly bad reactions to mozzie bites today. My thigh is so fucking swollen.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm

peypea wrote:Having randomly bad reactions to mozzie bites today. My thigh is so fucking swollen.

Shiiit, that happened to me at BOA this year, they went for the back of my knees. The skin's not been the same since. :ugh:

WPMOT: Supposed to be working today. Got nothing to work on. Can't relax.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Back on the study again. Can't be failing the exams next month!
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:29 pm

2 payments to Amazon that I haven't authorised have gone out. Only totalling £2.58 but still. I have not used amazon on those dates (23/11 & 13/12) and both payments, have not been claimed by the merchant, which is very suspicious.

I have taken no chances. My card has been cancelled. Whether someone has cloned it or not I don't know. I have heard stories of small amounts being used at first to see if you notice so I am not willing to find out. It's less hasle just to cancel it NOW and get a new one next week before a large sum is removed from my account.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Getting concerned about my little brother, recently he's been acting up a lot.
He's started swearing a lot, lying about everything (including money), seems a bit sadistic at times, he spends all day on his xbox killing things and then today went out with his BB gun to 'kill an owl' :|
I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour for a 13 year old boy but I don't like it at all.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Please take the BB gun away from your brother. The last thing the sport needs is another kid misusing the guns and attacking defenceless animals.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Nantha wrote:Getting concerned about my little brother, recently he's been acting up a lot.
He's started swearing a lot, lying about everything (including money), seems a bit sadistic at times, he spends all day on his xbox killing things and then today went out with his BB gun to 'kill an owl' :|
I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour for a 13 year old boy but I don't like it at all.

You should be concerned, that's disturbing behaviour.
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm

All the bad behavior seems to happen when he's got this friend over, so I suspect he's showing off a bit, but he's also pretty fucking spoilt and undisciplined.
My dad is a pushover and gets him whatever he wants and when he acts up and I complain or tell him off, my dad seems to make excuses for him. It's weird. :|

Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Deli Kate » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Owen wrote:
Nantha wrote:Getting concerned about my little brother, recently he's been acting up a lot.

Owen wrote:You should be concerned, that's disturbing behaviour.

It's also illegal- point that out to your Dad, perhaps he'll take it more seriously- he could be prosecuted for attempting to harm wildlife, he's also breaking the law by being unsupervised with a BB gun, which your Dad would be liable for.

This is a serious matter and you are right to be concerned.
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am

It's apparently impossible to do anything without someone blaming me of something.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Deli Kate wrote:
Owen wrote:

Owen wrote:You should be concerned, that's disturbing behaviour.

It's also illegal- point that out to your Dad, perhaps he'll take it more seriously- he could be prosecuted for attempting to harm wildlife, he's also breaking the law by being unsupervised with a BB gun, which your Dad would be liable for.

This is a serious matter and you are right to be concerned.

Not to mention what might happen if someone spots him with the gun in public and thinks it's a genuine firearm.

Also:
Azubi wrote:Please take the BB gun away from your brother. The last thing the sport needs is another kid misusing the guns and attacking defenceless animals.

Very much this. It's cruel.
Plus, if he misses his shot and hits a member of the public, your Dad could find himself in some very deep shit.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 pm

You hear so many horror stories about kids playing with guns, BB guns included. 13 is too young to have free, unsupervised access to something like that, and using it specifically to shoot at wildlife is pretty much unacceptable. Get your dad involved, definitely.

Other than that, the rest of his behaviour just sounds like any other pubescent little shit, so I wouldn't be too worried about that stuff.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, I'd be more concerned about him owning and using a weapon* in public than having a shit attitude and a foul mouth.

*- While some may argue that a BB gun isn't "really" a weapon, it still fires pellets at speed and can cause harm to people/animals. I got shot in the leg with one once and it fucking hurt. Plus, as I said before, at a glimpse, your average member of the public may not instantly recognise it as a BB gun. Especially with all the reports of shootings in America recently, people can be forgiven for being a little too paranoid about this kind of thing.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm

My brother used to shoot me with his BB gun (with metal BBS?!) all the time when he was that age, he turned out pretty normal. Shooting sisters is fine though, I don't think he should be allowed to shoot animals with it.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:46 pm

You'd be surprised Craig. A lot of BB guns sold in the UK are section 5 firearms these days due to being over 1.35 joules* out of the box, not just from Chinese manufacturers such as CYMA and Jing Gong but also some high end manufacturers who build for other markets like HK and America where limits are higher. The fact retailers are selling them like this in the UK is a fucking disgrace as it makes a criminal out of the customer and forces them to get it downgraded to a reasonable level as they wouldn't be able to use it at a respectable skirmish site either.

*thats 381fps with .2g BBs. If it is capable of firing fully auto and is more powerful than this then you have an illegal firearm. This is the power limit that the HO as determined as 'lethal force'. It's a bollocks determination as that just means to them that it will penetrate ballistic gel, however the law is the law. I've played a lot higher that that against Filipinos outside of the UK.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.