What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Applecore » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:21 pm

jackcake wrote:
Czech's Mate wrote:The twat on his mobile phone nearing running me and my lad over on a pedestrian crossing.

Snowing like mad and was really surprised when I gave him a piece of my mind.

WMMHT....the woman who witnessed the event also joining in to tell him what an irresponsible idiot he was

Drivers playing with or on their phones while driving are cunts without exception. I don't really care who that offends. I know a mother whose daughter was dragged beneath a lorry and killed while the driver was allegedly texting. He goes to trial next month for dangerous driving.

That's awful, hope they throw the book at the cunt.
I have no sympathy for people who use their phones while driving. If I get a phone call/text while I'm driving, it'll wait until I get to where I'm going before I look. I won't even pull over to check. The one exception is the local train gates, as the gates on the way into town go down for about 5 minutes at a time.
With the amount of hands-free stuff, and how well known the laws against using your phone while driving are, I'm amazed that people can still be selfish enough to do it. Because that's all they are - selfish.

WPMOT: Our SkyTV isn't working. Flatmate's been off for a week, this is my first day off since it stopped working. He's expecting me to call them to sort it out.
No, it stopped working last fucking week while you were off, you're still off today and you're off until Thursday. You fucking call them, I have shit to do today.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:36 pm

kanet666 wrote:It's a good job I wrote down all my exam seats and things on my whiteboard, as when I went to double-check for this afternoon's Mechanics exam it seems the website no longer works. Good timing as always.

Mine was down too yesterday, probably crappy servers not being able to handle the amount of people trying to get on in exam time
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Danroush wrote:
kanet666 wrote:It's a good job I wrote down all my exam seats and things on my whiteboard, as when I went to double-check for this afternoon's Mechanics exam it seems the website no longer works. Good timing as always.

Mine was down too yesterday, probably crappy servers not being able to handle the amount of people trying to get on in exam time

We use blackboard but it is the same for that. As a rule of thumb it will always go down the day before term or exams.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Danroush wrote:

It didn't turn out to be a problem in the end anyway, just a tad annoying.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

henryburch
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby henryburch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 pm

paypal... kinda well the prophecy website ..wanna buy an alcest shirt but it wont let me put paypal stuff in , do i have to do all that through the paypal website or what ? helllp

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Nah there should be an option on the Paypal payment page to just enter credit card details with a Paypal account
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Applecore wrote:That's awful, hope they throw the book at the cunt.
I have no sympathy for people who use their phones while driving. If I get a phone call/text while I'm driving, it'll wait until I get to where I'm going before I look. I won't even pull over to check. The one exception is the local train gates, as the gates on the way into town go down for about 5 minutes at a time.
With the amount of hands-free stuff, and how well known the laws against using your phone while driving are, I'm amazed that people can still be selfish enough to do it. Because that's all they are - selfish.

http://www.liveinhope.net/

I use Kings Heath High Street all the time and it's a bloody nightmare yet people are still selfish enough to play with their phones. If you're waiting at a level crossing, you'd probably switch your engine off. No problem with it then.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Alex cleans kitchen. Flatmates cook food. Leave kitchen a state with oil all over stovetop. Alex isn't best pleased.

She's a lovely person, but fucking hell is she messy.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 pm

My lads school and all the other schools in the town closed today.....except one

Maximum of four inches of snow, all main roads cleared by 6am this morning. Apparently it was too dangerous for the staff to drive in.

I managed my 25 mile journey to work with no problem. Also how come one junior school can manage to open and the other 7 can't...?

I do believe that the nation is turning into a bunch of shandy drinking Jessies.

oh and my Polish mate whose lad is at school with mine found the whole situation of school closures hilarious
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 am

My internet has been up and down more times than a whores knickers this morning. I've had to restart my router twice. Not on.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Fucking idiot at work.

Need a new job asap.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am

"Professional" photographers shooting with flash at a well-lit gig pissed me off mightily this evening.

Grrrrrr.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am

jackcake wrote:
Applecore wrote:That's awful, hope they throw the book at the cunt.

http://www.liveinhope.net/

I use Kings Heath High Street all the time and it's a bloody nightmare yet people are still selfish enough to play with their phones. If you're waiting at a level crossing, you'd probably switch your engine off. No problem with it then.

If it's the height of summer and warm weather, then I do. Otherwise no, but only because my heating turns off otherwise. But I'm in neutral, feet off the pedals, handbrake on and I'm not moving anywhere. If for any reason I had to move, or if the gates came back up, I wouldn't even lock my phone before chucking it onto the passenger seat. As for texting/looking at my phone while driving, as I said, the thought doesn't even cross my mind, I just won't do it. If my phone's out and I have a passenger, I'd sooner let them know my unlock code and have them read the text aloud to me/answer my phone on my behalf.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 am

Little cat chose just as I was about to get into a nice hot bath to do a really stinky shit.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:50 am

So, just like the night before, I haven't actually had any sleep again. Today will be fun!
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.