What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:40 pm

peypea wrote:I've never really had problems with people being dicks in rush hour, though I've generally been in the afternoon rush. Everyone wants to get somewhere as quickly as possible and they're generally (from my experience at least) pretty conscientious of other travellers. It's always the tourists and teenagers that act like dicks.
Does that make me an angry cunt? It probably does.

Same, everyone's always just trying to do the same thing so no one disturbs anyone else. The people who force their way onto the tube while people are still getting off are the main thing I have a problem with.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:
peypea wrote:I've never really had problems with people being dicks in rush hour, though I've generally been in the afternoon rush. Everyone wants to get somewhere as quickly as possible and they're generally (from my experience at least) pretty conscientious of other travellers. It's always the tourists and teenagers that act like dicks.

Same, everyone's always just trying to do the same thing so no one disturbs anyone else. The people who force their way onto the tube while people are still getting off are the main thing I have a problem with.

Oh my god I hate that so much. It's so fucking rude and just plain stupid.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:43 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:

It's funny when you get that one knob you tries to barge in, except the carriage is absolutely crammed full and EVERYONE is piling off, so they just get pushed to the back of the 'queue' by the stampede.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:54 pm

peypea wrote:
TheLotusEater193 wrote:All you have to do is look around and see that everyone else is doing it. It's not hard :P

Pretty much. If you've got a brain and any sense the tubes are piss easy. I think the only way you could get lost would be if you couldn't read...

Did you know that each tube station had/has (can't remember if it's still like this) a different design / pattern in the tiles so people who couldn't read knew what station they were at.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:41 am

Walk where you want and if someone gets in your way headbutt them til they submit. Fucking this walking on the left or right shit.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:03 am

Woke up in a sweat because of nightmares, and self-esteem has hit rock bottom.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:04 am

JrHunter wrote:
peypea wrote:
TheLotusEater193 wrote:All you have to do is look around and see that everyone else is doing it. It's not hard :P

Pretty much. If you've got a brain and any sense the tubes are piss easy. I think the only way you could get lost would be if you couldn't read...

Did you know that each tube station had/has (can't remember if it's still like this) a different design / pattern in the tiles so people who couldn't read knew what station they were at.

That's so cool :D

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:29 am

Danroush wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:People who don't know how to use stairs in public places. We drive on the left side, so we walk on the left side. It's not bloody difficult.

Safer on the right so that you're on the inside on the way up and outside on the way down, so less likely to fall over the stair-rail :P

If there's a sign that specifically says "keep left", I reckon I'm gonna walk on the left mate.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Fucking chocolate exam! I had planned it all in my head and I thought it would go well, but the room was THIRTY SIX degrees so tempering the chocolate was making me sweat loads and giving me a headache, as well as the heat making the chocolate go out of temper so it was impossible to work with. We're meant to make a box out of chocolate with 12 identical moulded truffles, I managed a substandard box with 12 non identical broken truffles. Eugh.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Only you can make a "chocolate exam" sound lame :lol:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Only you can make a "chocolate exam" sound lame :lol:

Sure it sounds like something you'd do with Willy Wonka, but it's the most stressful thing ever! I never ever want to be a chocolatier.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't know how you can have the patience. If you saw the state of our Easter eggs using simple kids' moulds it might make you feel a bit better.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Tent is a fucking state. Great. This is why I hate it whenever anyone else uses it.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Nope, already bored shitless. I'm going for a walk.

And then even that will get old. Mates in the vicinity better come visit or I'll be sad.

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Half meant for here, half meant for the upset you thread.

Spending a good part of today in A&E with Jenny earlier as her skin is out of control...again.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!