What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Smindas wrote:Not a top fan of my job, must say. Struggling to find anything else though.

This same thing pisses me off most days.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:31 pm

I wish I had a job, I'd be willing to do pretty much anything at the moment just to feel like I had a little bit of purpose in my every day life. I'll be applying to a few more this week though, so we'll see.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Tried Gumtree? I've been able to find shitty service jobs on there easilly.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah, it's fine mate, you put your feet up and play Fifa all day. I'll do the washing up when I get in from work. Again.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Doctor phoned earlier to tell me the results of my MRI scan on my knee that I injured at BOA and so it seems my ACL AND MCL have both completely gone! So now I've gotta have surgery , rehab could be off work another 6 months already been off a month and bored, plus I've got a mates wedding end of this month (had to miss the stag night cos of this), got people's birthdays to go out to and gigs to attend! I wouldn't be so bad if I did it messing about but I just knealt down for a few minutes and it blew! Stupid body
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

My mate's mate who I think works at O2 couldn't blag us into Steve Vai tonight and it's like £30, so I've had to say fuck it and remember I was at the Astoria gig back in 2001, which can't be beat.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Feeling pretty crap at moment.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

AidanParry
Definitely Not Nu

Postby AidanParry » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 pm

The Warlord wrote:Doctor phoned earlier to tell me the results of my MRI scan on my knee that I injured at BOA and so it seems my ACL AND MCL have both completely gone! So now I've gotta have surgery , rehab could be off work another 6 months already been off a month and bored, plus I've got a mates wedding end of this month (had to miss the stag night cos of this), got people's birthdays to go out to and gigs to attend! I wouldn't be so bad if I did it messing about but I just knealt down for a few minutes and it blew! Stupid body

Wow man, that is pretty shit, to have ACL and MCL reconstruction is fucking wrenching, I had ACL reconstruction and I would not wish that pain on anyone else, I would much rather break multiple bones at a time than have to go through ACL reconstruction again, physio takes a very long time to get half as back to the normal strength but unfortunately, you never will be able to move your limb the same again, after two years, I'm still suffering with the injury and I've been left with a very sensitive area on my leg which I can barely touch. Have they told you yet which part they are taking to introduce as ligament? It's either hamstring or tendon and I went with tendon.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:50 am

My foot is still giving me issues after injuring it at BoA (slightly related to the above post). Despite the fact I can put weight on it and not wince/ I can walk normally my big toe is still sore and I'm wishing I'd gone to the doctor about it. Bah.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:38 am

AidanParry wrote:
The Warlord wrote:Doctor phoned earlier to tell me the results of my MRI scan on my knee that I injured at BOA and so it seems my ACL AND MCL have both completely gone! So now I've gotta have surgery , rehab could be off work another 6 months already been off a month and bored, plus I've got a mates wedding end of this month (had to miss the stag night cos of this), got people's birthdays to go out to and gigs to attend! I wouldn't be so bad if I did it messing about but I just knealt down for a few minutes and it blew! Stupid body

Wow man, that is pretty shit, to have ACL and MCL reconstruction is fucking wrenching, I had ACL reconstruction and I would not wish that pain on anyone else, I would much rather break multiple bones at a time than have to go through ACL reconstruction again, physio takes a very long time to get half as back to the normal strength but unfortunately, you never will be able to move your limb the same again, after two years, I'm still suffering with the injury and I've been left with a very sensitive area on my leg which I can barely touch. Have they told you yet which part they are taking to introduce as ligament? It's either hamstring or tendon and I went with tendon.

Oh god that sounds fun :o I don't even like having blood took :lol:
They've not said anything really, my next appointment at the hospital is the 30th but I think that's just to get the results of my MRI (which I had done on the 24th August). But I thought it was ridiculous to wait a month for results so phoned my doctors and got them to look at the results and tell me over the phone, he's now writing to the hospital to try and bring my date forward and get me in for emergency surgery.
I might be getting it wrong my ACL has completely gone, but he said my meniscus (which I assumed was MCL) had gone aswell and that has flapped over.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:23 am

Google chrome throwing out "realised" as incorrectly spelt. Right click on it and get "realized."

Great cheers for that Google Chrome, just remember American is not a language.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am

Turbo wrote:Google chrome throwing out "realised" as incorrectly spelt. Right click on it and get "realized."

Great cheers for that Google Chrome, just remember American is not a language.

Go to Settings > Show advanced settings > Languages > Language input settings

Click 'Add' and select English (United Kingdom). Click to use it for spellchecking.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 am

I got there in the end. I was pretty miffed, I am shit at English, hence why I have the spell checker in the first place. Bloody shame it doesn't come with grammar checks too, feel sorry for you guys having to read what I write. :D

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 am

Ndnd wrote:Feeling pretty crap at moment.

But Kim, you're awesome.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Taking today off from life, gone and burnt myself out lately.