What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Noodle » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 pm

My own sleeping related woes. Day wasted.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:26 am

Crohns is bad today, and its not a usual pain. My stomach is so painful it kept me awake all night. :(

Hasn't been right since I went the Doctors for headaches and he put me on something for them. I've stopped, but its like it's torn the lining of the stomach and it's yet to be repaired.

Ah well, I went nearly two years with my crohns being ok. In my heart of hearts I knew it wouldn't last. :(
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
fluffymoo
Denim Demon
Posts: 4260
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: Your heart

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:00 am

^ Sorry to hear that :( I really hope things improve for you as soon as possible.
Image

User avatar
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!
Posts: 4338
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:17 am

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:16 am

Hope you have a speedy recovery Pete.

User avatar
Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Warrington

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Dr Sin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:41 am

Someone put Disturbed on the Jukebox in the pub last night, now I have disturbed stuck in my heads. For Fucks Sake.
Image

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks guys. :yes:

I've heard it can take up to a month for the lining of my stomach to repair itself, so heres hoping.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:36 am

Haven't slept properly in a week. Fucking exhausted.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2080
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:51 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby JrHunter » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:25 pm

peypea wrote:Haven't slept properly in a week. Fucking exhausted.


This, but a month.


Also, my lift to and from Belfast is too ill to go now so I either have to go without having anywhere to stay, or not go at all..
Image

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Applecore » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Bit of a rant..
Went for a family meal yesterday with a lot of the family I haven't seen in ages. It was a buffet type thing so plenty of opportunity to eat lots of food and with people getting up and down a lot, I was hoping to catch up with everyone.
Instead, I found myself sat in the corner, two seats over from my Uncle, who decided after we'd both returned with our second plates, to tell me how I need to do something about my weight, as I'll struggle in Australia with it (which I am fully aware of). I tried to explain that I am taking steps to sort it out and that I am working on it. He nodded at my plate and said "are you?" then proceeded to tell me how I'll die young and on my gravestone it'll say "couldn't be arsed". I shrugged him off because there's no getting through to him at the best of times, and my Mum had just sat down between us so I'd hoped he would back off. Instead, he tells her word-for-word what he's just told me, knowing full well I can hear him. Then Dad sat down and I couldn't hear the arrogant cunt anymore.
Mum could see I was upset and tried to cheer me up but I just wanted to go home. I was so annoyed that I had been looking forward to the meal only for him to make me feel like dirt. After finishing I sat for half an hour before bothering to get anything else, and ended up going at the same time as my Dad. As Dad got up, my Uncle decided it'd be a prime time (with me standing behind Dad) to tell him what he'd said to me and Mum. I excused myself past them and went to get some food, but my appetite was gone.
I saw Dad at the buffet and said that I wasn't happy about what my Uncle had been saying and he agreed, and said there's a time and a place for that kind of talk and this isn't it. When we sat down I'd got a few bits on my plate but just wasn't hungry. I could see my Uncle scoffing his face not giving a single fuck about how much he'd upset me and it just made me sick. I wanted to just walk out of there. Instead when people were asking if I wanted to come up for dessert I just said no and sat there, waiting for everyone to leave as I knew the majority (including him) were leaving first. As he left he said to my sister "Cheerio, probably won't see you before the new year so all the best", then turned to me and said "I'll see you around" and walked off.
Prick.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Jesus Christ Craig, he sounds like such an arsehole. Sending you massive hugs because you're a wonderful person, and no-one should make you feel shit about yourself. Like you say you're taking steps to make the improvements YOU want, he and his shitty opinions can fuck off because you're so much better than him.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:30 pm

He's an asshole. Why didn't you kick up a stink?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Smindas
Denim Demon
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:40 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Smindas » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Fuck that guy, Craig. Work on your own terms.

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Berkshire

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Bearstock » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Missus flips out randomly out of the blue and of course needless to say it's all my fault.


Calmly biting my tongue so as to try avoid a row and even that gets a "See you don't even care" So I respond fairly calmly but the get "You're so argumentative".

Fucks me off.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Bank trouble and debit card fuckery. So inconvenient.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Applecore » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks Ania :)
And Sam, that's the plan. It's none of his business, and before he criticises me for my health, he needs to take a long hard look at himself - his doctors are telling him to take medication that he refuses to take and eats food they're telling him not to because "nobody can tell ME what to do!"
siliconfury wrote:He's an asshole. Why didn't you kick up a stink?

Because he's the sort that you can completely dismantle his argument, proving him wrong on every single level but he'll still argue his point because he's been around a while and thinks he's right about everything. There's no getting through to him. If he'd known how much he'd upset and hurt me, he'd probably just tell me to grow a pair.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock