What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:29 am

Oh, and another one I picked up from when I was little - when someone quotes you a price at the garage, ask if thats "All in?" - meaning does it include labour.

"New cat? £350 mate"
"All in?"
"Nah, an hour's labour on top of that too. £400 all in".

EDIT: I should probably point out that the vast majority of garages won't rip you off. Most of them are friendly and will help you out. Some may try their luck, but if you sound the tiniest bit clued and sound like you'll spot a red flag, they probably won't push it.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Yeah, I ask if VAT is included with everything by reflex now :lol:

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Boiler's fucked, internet's stopped working (DSL issue, according to the router) and the hoover has just been chucking out sparks from the motor.

Also, accordion related stuff. I'm onto reed tuning on this accordion (a process that requires me to scrape metal off from the middle the reed to the rivet to flatten the pitch), and one reed has stopped working properly after trying to flatten the pitch. It's now squeaking when played softly and chokes completely when played with normal bellows pressure. It's not the reed height because I've already tried raising it, I can't find and burrs on the reed or slot to suggest the reed's just catching the side, I can't find any dirt caught in it, I've changed the valve, NOTHING is solving the problem.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Dell.

Ordered a laptop off their website on Tuesday. They send an 'order acknowledged' email preceding the confirmation email that comes when payment is authorised. My confirmation email was taking a while, even though the money's been earmarked in my bank account and is no longer available to me. Tweeted their support asking about it, gave my order ID and they told me the order had been REJECTED. I had no confirmation of this at all. They money had been authorised by my bank, so I have no idea what prevented it going through. Let me reiterate, I CANNOT use that money now.

Turns out Jim's boss (who bought some laptops for the company, which Jim said were nice, which made me think about getting one myself) had the same problem, and had to phone up and re-authorise the payment.

So I've told them to cancel my order completely because I don't trust them at all. Any company that fucks around with hundreds of pounds of their customers' money with no intention of fulfilling orders can fuck right off. I guess I can only hope the money gets released back into my account. I'll be phoning my bank to report it as suspicious activity on their part.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Pretty fed up with the racism and xenophobia over here.

Alex.
Paster of Muppets

Postby Alex. » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 pm

fluffymoo wrote:Pretty fed up with the racism and xenophobia over here.

:hug:

V-Man wrote:If I wanted to act mature why would I have stayed in education? GAWD

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Noodle wrote:
Also, accordion related stuff. I'm onto reed tuning on this accordion (a process that requires me to scrape metal off from the middle the reed to the rivet to flatten the pitch), and one reed has stopped working properly after trying to flatten the pitch. It's now squeaking when played softly and chokes completely when played with normal bellows pressure. It's not the reed height because I've already tried raising it, I can't find and burrs on the reed or slot to suggest the reed's just catching the side, I can't find any dirt caught in it, I've changed the valve, NOTHING is solving the problem.

Bit more fiddling and bending has got it working again. I still have no idea what was wrong with it in the first place. :? Reeds are weird.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:33 pm

What, in Sweden or England?

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:42 pm

England.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Has Ania been slagging off the Arabs again?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:51 pm

People in England hate it too.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Mood crash in regards to my ex. Feel very down about it all at the moment.

Feel down I've not seen/spoken to her since we split. I feel annoyed with myself for feeling like this as well. Ffs.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:58 pm

So tired that I can't goto krav maga tonight. Bah.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:14 pm

fluffymoo wrote:England.

Directed at you? Or at others?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:15 pm

England generally comes out well in internatiional surveys of racism.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... countries/

If anyone here was 'racist' toward a Swede it would only be due to them recognising a different accent and would only come from a dickhead.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH