What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Tet » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:03 pm

siliconfury wrote:Can I ask what proportion of the population your sweeping generalisation is based on?

Sweeping generalisations are sometimes based in reality. It might not be politically correct to admit it, but there are certain groups of immigrants that really don't contribute positively to this country. Naturally, there are exceptions in any group. But in my area of London, there are immigrant populations that genuinely are problematic more often than not.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Tet wrote:
siliconfury wrote:Can I ask what proportion of the population your sweeping generalisation is based on?

Sweeping generalisations are sometimes based in reality. It might not be politically correct to admit it, but there are certain groups of immigrants that really don't contribute positively to this country. Naturally, there are exceptions in any group. But in my area of London, there are immigrant populations that genuinely are problematic more often than not.

I agree with this, as well as Gandalf's view of most Romanis. I've never met any that have proved me wrong, anyway.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:32 pm

gandalf the red wrote:If you can find one of them that works, pays taxes, is educated, started a legitimate business, etc. I'll be surprised. It's Romani that I'm on about.

I see a lot of Polish, Romanian, Italian, African and various Asian (Pakistan, India, Others) in my work experience at the minute. If they haven't worked over here, they've worked in their own country for a number of years. It's normally the English Lad's and Girls that have the poorest work experience from what I've seen. But we end up hiring equal amounts because of language barriers and so on.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:37 pm

gandalf the red wrote:

If 5 people out of 1000 act like assholes do you automatically consider the rest of them to be assholes?

You never hear about the educated, successful family that move across, start a business and continue to be successful because that's just boring news. Nor do you hear about the normal people who just seek to work in their field for more money. We prefer to hear about the scum of the earth who are mooching off of us to make ourselves feel a lot better about ourselves.

If you can find one of them that works, pays taxes, is educated, started a legitimate business, etc. I'll be surprised. It's Romani that I'm on about.

Interesting article in The Independent about it. And everyone knows The Indie is far from being The Mail.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 07903.html

You guys should see what Romanians are like to gypsies, they despise them far more than we do. Most Romanians however, are lovely people. Intelligent too. Cluj has a tonne of medical students. The gypsies I saw there certainly didn't have their shit together enough for passports and travel, all the Romanians i've seen here have been normal ones. It's not a nation of gypsies that are desperate to take our money oddly enough.

Actually, some have been put off and more Romanians are going to Germany or Italy whatever than here if indeed leaving at all, because our media is quite xenophobic. I know a few med students who were considering coming here but changed their minds.

Also, Romania is a country on a massive upswing, and has been for years. Life is getting a lot better for them very quickly, but that isn't reported in the media.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Moonburp wrote:Working out was really hard today. The hayfever, pollution and a knot in my back makes breathing feel like I'm smoking again.

Try having asthma. It makes it even more fun.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:52 pm

The ex has decided to give an ultimatum on collecting some of my stuff, despite the fact she asked me for my uni address so she could post it. She messaged me last night, saying I have until Monday to get my stuff as she's going away, and seems to not get the point when I tell her I am really fucking busy ALL weekend. I even offered to pay for her to post the damn stuff and she's still being a pain the arse!
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:33 am

Getting sick. My lungs feel tiny and scratchy.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:23 pm

kanet666 wrote:The ex has decided to give an ultimatum on collecting some of my stuff, despite the fact she asked me for my uni address so she could post it. She messaged me last night, saying I have until Monday to get my stuff as she's going away, and seems to not get the point when I tell her I am really fucking busy ALL weekend. I even offered to pay for her to post the damn stuff and she's still being a pain the arse!

Well, finally got my stuff back despite being fucked about. After all the ultimatum bollocks I got it so I could leave work during the time she gave me. Called her... she's not going to be there at that time, so apparently that's my fault. Eventually had to mess a few people about to meet her (fortunately they understand) and then had the wonderful surprise of her having her new boyfriend (who she actually started to get with before we even split) hand it to me and then introduce himself and shake my hand.

On the plus side I felt absolutely nothing for her when I saw her, but I'm not sure whether that's because of her or whether I'm just reverting back to my old tactic of feeling nothing towards anyone. Only one way to find out I suppose.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:48 am

In a really shit mood today.
On the train this morning I was having a quiet conversation with Dad, who's flying out to Sydney today so I won't see him until Friday. I was on my way to a work induction and was just asking him some questions as he's from a construction background, and the campsite I'm going to work on will be for a construction site. Sat in the quiet carriage and me and Dad were talking quietly, definitely no louder than the noise the train was making, when some bitch at the back leans over and asks me to keep my voice down! Me being me, I apologised and shut up, but then she went and fucking fell asleep! Hope the old cunt slept through her stop.
Then got to the induction and discovered that the majority of it has absolutely zero relevance to the job I'll be doing. It's just a necessity for going onsite to the camps, which doesn't really make much sense to me. I'm going into housekeeping and the bar, so why do I need to know what the maximum a crane can lift is..?
So yeah, kind of a wasted day there.
Plus I made the stupid mistake of going on Facebook while Wrestlemania was on (we were on break at the induction), so I got a bunch of spoilers, then when I posted a status saying I wasn't happy about seeing spoilers (I wasn't hugely bothered really, just wanted to remind people that not everyone was able to watch it live) one of my contacts posts another as a comment! Twat. I get that it's fake and stuff, but you don't see me posting Game of Thrones spoilers or whatever. Same thing to me.*
Also one of the guys in the induction pissed me off as we were discussing rules of the work site and one was to always wear seatbelts in a vehicle. He was arguing that they don't save lives and all that shit. One of those sorts who's got a story for every situation, he's either seen worse or done worse and been fine, etc. Ugh.
Fuck today.

*- Wrestling Thread guys, this isn't aimed at you. Yes I saw spoilers in there but that was my own stupid fault for going in there in the first place :lol:
Plus Joe, you only commented on that status saying you and Mike were posting spoilers, which was fine, as it meant I knew to not read anything you two posted. Fucking Vinnie, though..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 am

Yeah that was a dick move by that guy. As hard as it already is to avoid spoilers there was just no reason to post one on your status like that.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:20 am

CrappyMike wrote:Yeah that was a dick move by that guy. As hard as it already is to avoid spoilers there was just no reason to post one on your status like that.

He's a prick like that. When he responded with "Just don't watch it" after I called him up on it, I just deleted him. I'd be lying if I said I'd never thought to do it before.
Don't know if anyone remembers, but he's the same guy I had an argument with about racism aaages ago. I posted the full transcript here.
Interestingly, I seem to remember he posted once in the festival part of the forum, he'd been at Bloodstock dressed as Kane and was bragging about it. If memory serves he (rightly) got the piss taken out of him.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Pretty sure i've caught a nasty illness thing from the boyfriend.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:41 pm

But Craig, didn't you get the same thing as me from the Royal Rumble? I avoided onlineness at all until I had watched it, because I knew in their wonderful new 'Trends' thing it would say "LOL GUESS WHO WON :)"

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Yeah, I anticipated that by using the mobile Facebook. What annoyed me was that I posted saying I was unhappy yo have seen spoilers (without specifying what) so some dipshit commented with the result of the Taker/Lesnar match. Not fussed now though as I just finished watching it. Deleted the prick anyway :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Yeah that was pretty dick move. I mean, I had some dick moves by posting spoilers as well tbh but it was like 3am, I was drunk as shit and shell shocked. Which isn't an excuse, but I'm sticking to it.