What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby keera_envenomed » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Jobdone wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:Apparently "entry level salary" means minimum wage. Job hunting is just depressing :(

Just move somewhere immediately where jobs are more plentiful and pay more. It's easy.

:lol:

I'm trying to move but i'm trying to move to a place that every other fucker wants to move to because it's actually nice and stuff happens. If I wanted to move to somewhere with plentiful jobs, I would have taken the job in Burton and worked in the fascist state that took over part of my old company.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Went to start my new job today. 2 hours of induction tedium, got changed and sent off into the kitchen only to be told I'm off today. I'VE HAD SO MANY DAYS OFF! I JUST WANTED TO DO SOME WORK

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Waited in all day for an engineer for the fridge and no-ones turned up. I've wasted so many days off thanks to this shitty kitchen company.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Another thing: since i had the day free I thought I'd sort Chris's room out a bit. He lives in staff accomodation with 2 old men who are both alchys. I cleared out the hallway which was an absolute tip, I managed to sort through all the manky bags and filled 6 bin bags full of cans, bottles and other rubbish. I drove it all to the tip and recycled it.

Now this alchy man has been home for about 20 minutes and there's EIGHT bags of empty cans in the hallway. Like about 100 cans, at a guess. I spent ages earlier and got stagnant beer all over my hands for nothing!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:51 pm

peypea wrote:Waited in all day for an engineer for the fridge and no-ones turned up. I've wasted so many days off thanks to this shitty kitchen company.

I wonder if you'd be entitled to compensation for money lost due to time taken off work, if it was a time agreed between you and the kitchen company, as is the case for delivery companies
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:53 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:Another thing: since i had the day free I thought I'd sort Chris's room out a bit. He lives in staff accomodation with 2 old men who are both alchys. I cleared out the hallway which was an absolute tip, I managed to sort through all the manky bags and filled 6 bin bags full of cans, bottles and other rubbish. I drove it all to the tip and recycled it.

Now this alchy man has been home for about 20 minutes and there's EIGHT bags of empty cans in the hallway. Like about 100 cans, at a guess. I spent ages earlier and got stagnant beer all over my hands for nothing!

This rather prestiguous place has two old alcoholics on the staff? What happened to keeping up appearances and even kitchen staff needing foundation, etc?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:11 pm

No this is the staff accomodation of my boyfriend's work, I'm staying here till I move into my house share next week. The Grosvenor doesn't even provide staff accomodation.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Ah gotcha, thought you mean staff digs at The Grosvenor.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Naaah, if this was being provided by the Grosvenor I would not be impressed :lol: it's disgusting...

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 pm

To celebrate my quitting smoking for a month, I now have the worst chest infection I have ever had and am coughing up blood, wonderful. I was better off smoking!
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:29 pm

When did selling on eBay become this unnecessarily complicated? There are loads of different policies with long numbers!

EDIT: I'm on the advanced listing page - the quick selling page retains a good level of user friendliness.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Broke. Flat out completely broke.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Mood crash. FFS.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:06 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Mood crash. FFS.

I hate those. I always get them when I forget to eat... or I stay at someone's house who cooks a small dinner so I don't eat enough :lol:

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Sedatives. Feel like shit. Have to get up at 6am for a stupid meeting.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.