What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Purple n Batty
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:07 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Manager at work calling me at 2.50 saying she needed my time sheet by 10 am. So why did she wait half the day to call and ask for it. She knows I'm only in 1 1/2 days a week.

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:32 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Mine's an office as well.


huh, we didn't get offerred the in lieu thing. not that i would've taken it to be fair
Image

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Volunteered to work over Easter because fuck yeah time & a half.
Image

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:36 pm

I wish we got time and a half on bank holidays/sundays. The only time you get that with Superdrug is when you work nights, which never happens really.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:12 am

peypea wrote:I wish we got time and a half on bank holidays/sundays. The only time you get that with Superdrug is when you work nights, which never happens really.


Damn, that sucks. I used to get time and a half for bank holidays (including Christmas Eve once, which was hell on earth) but not Sundays. Sunday was my main day anyway since I ran the place on my own.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
thehairyone
Denim Demon
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: The badger sett
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby thehairyone » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 am

Ensorcelled wrote:Volunteered to work over Easter because fuck yeah time & a half.


I wish we'd get called in for emergency Easter orders. 300% + a day in lieu.
Image

Image
Image

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Moonburp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 am

You bastards and your extra wages :(

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Really can't be arsed with work today.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Henry.burch
Powermetal Child
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Henry.burch » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Got bored and when onto my paypal from my memory i have never used it properly and there was 35£ in there i set up the bank account and transferred 27£ to what i though was my bank account but turn out i sent it to my brothers .

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10593
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Noodle » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Coming out of Brum on the M6, it's well gone midnight, barely any traffic...

20 fucking minute jam through shutting the motorway from 3 lanes to 1!? It takes a special kind of planning to achieve that.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Noodle wrote:Coming out of Brum on the M6, it's well gone midnight, barely any traffic...

20 fucking minute jam through shutting the motorway from 3 lanes to 1!? It takes a special kind of planning to achieve that.


Is this not the reason? They do plan closures for late at night.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Closures are normal at night. Better at night than during the day when you consider 125,000 vehicles a day use that road.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10593
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Noodle » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 pm

It was still open. It's just the shock that closing 2 lanes off had managed to produce such a crippling bottleneck. I could understand it having that effect at late evening, but that late?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon
Posts: 4237
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:31 pm

So struggling with the hours at the Grosvenor. Done 3 days and 45 hours, and I still have 2 more days before I can sleep. I didn't even get a break today. Back there in 7 hours.

KILL ME

User avatar
metalsam
Denim Demon
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Bristol / London
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby metalsam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Henry.burch wrote:Got bored and when onto my paypal from my memory i have never used it properly and there was 35£ in there i set up the bank account and transferred 27£ to what i though was my bank account but turn out i sent it to my brothers .


£35. Not 35£. Wtf.