What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby someone else » Thu May 01, 2014 6:00 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:
someone else wrote:
Turbo wrote:You still have to notify the insurance company about this though? So in time they'll fuck you up the arse with a renewal, or have I got this arse about face?

Depends on your policy - on the course I did, they said you didn't have to notify your insurance company, but some now have it in their policies, pretty sure Admiral were the first and it got in the news.

If you do the course, then get caught again, you get the three point applied retrospectively aswell as the new 3 new points.

I didn't know you have to contact your insurers :? 0 I got caught a month or so ago doing 46 in a 40mph (one of those temporary ones on the motorway). Since then I've been insanely careful, which is definitely a good thing. I still don't believe in sticking to speed limits 100% of the time, though.

EDIT: Just saw the other posts. Phew.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20328860
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu May 01, 2014 6:05 am

Yeah so, just don't be stupid and tell them then! :P
They aren't gonna find out otherwise

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu May 01, 2014 7:48 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:
someone else wrote:
Turbo wrote:You still have to notify the insurance company about this though? So in time they'll fuck you up the arse with a renewal, or have I got this arse about face?

Depends on your policy - on the course I did, they said you didn't have to notify your insurance company, but some now have it in their policies, pretty sure Admiral were the first and it got in the news.

If you do the course, then get caught again, you get the three point applied retrospectively aswell as the new 3 new points.

I didn't know you have to contact your insurers :? 0 I got caught a month or so ago doing 46 in a 40mph (one of those temporary ones on the motorway). Since then I've been insanely careful, which is definitely a good thing. I still don't believe in sticking to speed limits 100% of the time, though.

EDIT: Just saw the other posts. Phew.

I've always viewed those temporary limits as guidelines rather than rules :lol:

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 am

Was it roadworks (yellow background, fixed signs) or was it matrix signed at 40?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 am

Matrix

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu May 01, 2014 9:16 am

I don't know why I even glance at Buzzfeed. It's like all the articles are written by daily mail rejects and illiterate spam javelins (Well, they are one in the same I suppose).
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu May 01, 2014 9:18 am

metalsam wrote:Matrix

Those I'm always unsure of. They're usually way ahead of where the actual hazard is, but everyone ignores them. I always just go slightly slower than everyone else (lane 1 or 2) so it's not me that's speeding if there is a copper about :P

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu May 01, 2014 9:19 am

siliconfury wrote:

Those I'm always unsure of. They're usually way ahead of where the actual hazard is, but everyone ignores them. I always just go slightly slower than everyone else (lane 1 or 2) so it's not me that's speeding if there is a copper about :P

Haha fair. I pay a lot more attention to braking distance and ignore them haha

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 am

Well that's it, yeah, drive to the conditions, do what other people are doing but give yourself plenty of space in front.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 am

I see them as an advised speed limit. Not like the rectangle advisory speed limits you get for sharp bends, I see them more of a challenge. How fast can I really go around this bend? However I do go around these bends first at the advised speed limits, I am not so carefree on road systems I don't know.

I really miss driving. I need a job and a car quick. Cheap run around will do me great.

Edit: I am a bit unsure how UK police would endorse speeding convictions on my licence. We don't get the paper bit for German licences.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu May 01, 2014 1:24 pm

siliconfury wrote:

Yep - when I was in the Fire Service I was told that matrix signs don't comply with the Road Traffic Act, and therefore the speed limit was not enforceable as the red and white signs are. But, if you caused an accident and were over the advisory speed, you could be done for dangerous driving etc.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu May 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Bisset wrote:I don't know why I even glance at Buzzfeed. It's like all the articles are written by daily mail rejects and illiterate spam javelins (Well, they are one in the same I suppose).

I blocked it from my news feed on facebook a while ago, it's by far the most 1 dimensional and repetitive site I've seen of it's kind. The worst type of article imo (which has started to spread around in general) are the "20 things only 'these' pople will understand"

Pathetic baiting for as many clicks as they can scrounge together to gain more ad revenue :ugh:

(Yes this is just a word vomit rant rather than a well worded post, I will concede that :P )
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu May 01, 2014 4:08 pm

someone else wrote:
siliconfury wrote:

Yep - when I was in the Fire Service I was told that matrix signs don't comply with the Road Traffic Act, and therefore the speed limit was not enforceable as the red and white signs are. But, if you caused an accident and were over the advisory speed, you could be done for dangerous driving etc.

That's interesting, will have to bear that one in mind.

Matrix signs = approach with caution.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Thu May 01, 2014 5:12 pm

I wish people did obey them, there would be a lot less traffic jams.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu May 01, 2014 5:21 pm

skull-wart wrote:I wish people did obey them, there would be a lot less traffic jams.

FEWER*

But I agree. The point of them is to throttle the flow of traffic, so the standing traffic further up has time to clear before the traffic adds to it at the back.