What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
DarkSaber2k
Warrior of Metal

Postby DarkSaber2k » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm

All the whinging in the beer ticket thread.
Remember Citadel....

http://www.last.fm/user/wmd23/

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:20 pm

my science exam :x
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:42 pm

This is a geeky one.

We had a flypast come over. I missed the first batch.( Some sort of jets? )
Then something piston engined and WW2 vintage came over and I couldn't get a decent look at it to see what it was. That's been bugging me all day.

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Big D wrote:This is a geeky one.

We had a flypast come over. I missed the first batch.( Some sort of jets? )
Then something piston engined and WW2 vintage came over and I couldn't get a decent look at it to see what it was. That's been bugging me all day.

It'll have been a Lancaster bomber, the only thing from WW2 worth bothering anything over.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:23 am

My Internet banking won't let me log in. I need to know how much money I haven't.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:32 am

My girlfriend's brother's fiancee making my girlfriend feel bad.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:11 pm

Samildanach wrote:My girlfriend's brother's fiancee making my girlfriend feel bad.

There's a connection!

Burn her house down. That'll learn her.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:03 pm

:lol: Or ram her face into the taps and call her "woman" :lol:
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:38 pm

Certain things irretating me and not having my girly friends around to let off steam to.

And being stuck at home all day with nothing to do but household chores and watch Jeremy Kyle. I'm going away next week but I hate wasting all this time..

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:33 pm

Big brother chucking out that girl for saying "the N word'
I'm sorry but she wasn't racist, she just said a taboo word. This whole fiasco/debate just shows once again how scared the society we live is, and how hypocritical it is

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 pm

Lick Mars wrote:Big brother chucking out that girl for saying "the N word'
I'm sorry but she wasn't racist, she just said a taboo word. This whole fiasco/debate just shows once again how scared the society we live is, and how hypocritical it is

You're right, it's not. But C4 are already treading on eggshells after that celebrity nonsense and had to be seen to be doing something.

I don't watch it, I don't know who's in it or their colours, I don't know who said it. But in all fairness it's a very strong word and there are plenty of prats around more than ready to take offence and, as an extreme example, riot at the slightest provocation.

I don't want to hear that shit from what's supposed to be a public service broadcaster.

Anyway, I'm annoyed because I saw a cheap copy of the new Machine Men album on Ebay that I could have had to replace the copy stolen when my car was broken into. I dozed off. After waking up about an hour later I went back to the page to find I'd missed the end of the auction by 30 seconds. Nads.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:46 am

Bastard hackers on 2142. Im going back to playing Raven Sheild :x
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:53 am

jackcake wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:Big brother chucking out that girl for saying "the N word'

You're right, it's not. But C4 are already treading on eggshells after that celebrity nonsense and had to be seen to be doing something.

I don't watch it, I don't know who's in it or their colours, I don't know who said it. But in all fairness it's a very strong word and there are plenty of prats around more than ready to take offence and, as an extreme example, riot at the slightest provocation.

I don't want to hear that shit from what's supposed to be a public service broadcaster.

I agree it was taken completely out of context, and a total over-reaction. I know where C4 are coming from, as the celebrity BB gave them loads of trouble. But it begs the question if a black person had used the term in the same context (as many do) would it have been questioned?

For someone who classes herself as intelligent, she was pretty stupid when she was being kicked out! Didn't have any idea what was goin on.

I dunno why I'm watching it, tbh :( This is the worst bunch yet! All vain, self obsessed, arrogant, stupid and loud!

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:34 am

I'm not watching it this time. Had enough of it's bollocks I have.

Racism is denying someone their rights based upon their ethnicity. A word or even a joke in itself is not racist :lol: though the intentions behind it may well be.
Last edited by Xzar on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:36 am

Xzar wrote:I'm not watching it this time. Had enough of it's bollocks I have.

Have you not heard? There's no bollocks in it this year!