What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Metalchemyst » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
fluffymoo wrote:Getting myself worked up over the whole EU referendum thing in the news. I know it's silly, but I can't help but read a lot of what is being said by UKIP supporters and taking a lot of it to heart.

Don't take it personally.

I don't think that UKIP supporters or any of the anti-immigration people are really that bothered about a few Swedes, Norwegians, Danes, Germans, Yanks, Aussies, Kiwis, etc. Nigel Farage is married to a German after all. :lol:

Exactly. The problem is essentially economic migrants from Eastern Europe plus all the non-European immigration which, ironically, UKIP haven't said much about. I think Fluffymoo and Ulrika Jonsson can rest assured.

By the way the new forum format is dire. Western culture continues its decline.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Always be fucking stumped by whatever incomprehensible algorithms Facebook use to decide what stuff appears on feeds.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:59 pm

What the fuck is layout.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Getting more and more pissed off with management at work every day. I was given more responsibility for a reason, and then had some of that taken away, and then given back, and then taken away, and then given back, now taken away again. For no reason. So I have decided they can keep it, I neither need the extra stress nor want it. And for no extra pay as well, I see no reason to allow them to fuck me around like this. How can I be expected to run a department when one week I have the authority to do so and the next I need managers to approve everything I do? Nah, just not interested anymore.
My manager also flat out lied to me at my progress review so I'm pretty much done doing any favours for her.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:37 am

Some prick with a tripadvisor account made a bad review of our place that was six paragraphs long. It was a bad day for the kitchen and it wasn't going well, the restaurant was also packed and unfortunately he did get a bad experience. He didn't have to lay into me in his review, accusing me of eating his food on the way to the table, calling me clumsy and accused me of not being 'not proactive to learn the menu'. I know the fucking menu inside out, all I did was bring you your shitey ravioli, you passive aggresive wanker. I even tried to get the cook on the pass to give me the asparagus, before he told me to just take it out. The kind of person who shoots the messenger over two spears of asparagus on an online cesspit of unwarranted self importance, whilst making wild accusations, should probably have their internet taken away until they've sufficiently chilled the fuck down. He got his whole meal comped as well.

I'm genuinely angry about this, because it's all going to come back and bite me in the arse tomorrow. I didn't steal his food, but I wish I'd thrown it in his face. Arsehole.

Nobody knows where I work, right?
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:29 am

Danroush wrote:
jwh20 wrote:After taking a hefty tumble off the bike on Saturday my left arm is still hurting like shit when I have to move it and won't go back to normal position, and right hand is bruised pretty bad. Managed to get a lift to/from work today but not fancying cycling tomorrow particularly. Just been feeling down ever since with it.

Also even though I booked them both months ago, it's just kind of dawned on me earlier this morning I'm going to be spending 5 days in Norway in August all by myself, and after everyone else who was considering it dropped out I'll be going to Summer Breeze alone and getting nervous about it. I've done the whole travelling alone thing before, but always knew people I would see when there - I don't know anyone in Trondheim, and no one doing summer breeze.

I know a few Trondheimers but they're here in Hamburg, sorry! As for travelling alone, I've only ever heard positives from those I know who have done it, if that helps!

Hope it will still be good fun anyway, seeing a couple bands and intend to hire a bike and go round a fjord, but I feel like a loser for going to a festival alone when it comes to summer breeze. Serves me right for buying tickets before anyone else does when they'll "definitely come".

Still not 100 percent after the fall on Saturday either, left arm still hurts with any movement and especially going over any bumps cycling.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:37 pm

The newish next door neighbour has cut down all the hedges and trees at the front of their house. Now you can see my front door from the main road and there is now a twenty foot long wall for all the local youths to sit on. :x
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:The newish next door neighbour has cut down all the hedges and trees at the front of their house. Now you can see my front door from the main road and there is now a twenty foot long wall for all the local youths to sit on. :x
Mindlessly cutting down bushes and trees is the job of the local council!

reverend bizarre
Warrior of Metal

Postby reverend bizarre » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:26 am

peypea wrote:Feeling fucking miserable atm. Since getting back from Download I've just felt utterly shit.

Serves you right for attending Download.... :D :D :D
Official Member Of "The Parish Of Doom"

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:40 am

Fuck me, this place is absolutely hideous.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:52 pm

herzeleid wrote:Fuck me, this place is absolutely hideous.

It is, indeed, hideous.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Applied for my passport through check & send 8 weeks ago, provided my original birth certificate, my mothers, then my parents' marriage documents at their request, all of which were accepted and returned. A bit later on I had my interview.. over a month (and 4-5 phonecalls to the office later) I still have no passport.
I have chucked around £400 into trains, flights, hotels and preparations for masters of rock and we are meant to fly one week tomorrow.
Emotional meltdown begins.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Interview?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:18 am

siliconfury wrote:Interview?

First adult passport I would guess.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:48 am

I didn't have to have an interview for mine. Just sent it all off and got it in the post far as I remember.