What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:24 am

I really want a pet, but seeing as my aloe vera (Which requires watering about one every 6 months) keeps nearly dying I don't think I can take on the responsibility.

I'll stick to looking at adorable pictures of cats on the internet instead.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:06 am

Nantha wrote:Having a cat is a 15+ year commitment, it's essentially like having a child, and they can't be moved around like a dog.
Do some research and accept the responsibilities before you get ANY pet, no animal should live out their years in a rescue centre :(

Yesterday my friend Andrea's cat finally passed at TWENTY FOUR years of age. Literally almost half her own life (she's 49) was spent with that animal, which is what you need to be prepared for with pets. She's unmarried so he really was the closest thing to a child for her, I cannot imagine how she must be feeling.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:59 am

Assuming my cat lives to be about 16, I'll be pushing 40 by the time she goes. She's a goddamn family member.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:27 am

Yeah Mymble lived to 20.
I just get proper heatbroken seeing all these older cats in the rescue centre's who will probably never leave, because people don't want older cats.
I would love to take some home just so they can have a nice end to their lives, but work is too unpredictable :(

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:45 am

My Smudge cat is 18 on Saturday. I was in Primary school when we got him. I'd love to be able to give an older kitty a nice few years before it goes to the great Whiskas factory in the sky (yes, my mum called cat heaven this when I was young) but i'm not allowed cats in my flat and i'd be too sad if it didn't live long.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Gremulon
Powermetal Child

Postby Gremulon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Think this would normally go in trivial grumblings, but having one of those days and this has just really got on my nerves...Sent out a newsletter to staff which was provided by a company we work with and apparently one of the links to a site referenced in it doesn't work. Had an email back from a member of staff with just the words "Linky in the doc no work…". I can only assume he's taking the piss because he thinks I created the document. Plus it's just rude. :x

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Came home from Wacken to find a card through the door. "We tried to deliver your package, but you weren't home, so we left it in your wheelie bin". WTF? It's just fortunately we came home yesterday night rather than today as originally planned. The bins were emptied this morning.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gremulon
Powermetal Child

Postby Gremulon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Tet wrote:Came home from Wacken to find a card through the door. "We tried to deliver your package, but you weren't home, so we left it in your wheelie bin". WTF? It's just fortunately we came home yesterday night rather than today as originally planned. The bins were emptied this morning.

I've had this before. A package had been put into our food waste bin, which is pretty disgusting inside anyway. Luckily there was nothing in it (aside from the normal rotting food residue). Don't know why they don't just take it back to the sorting office if there's nowhere sensible to put it.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:57 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:the great Whiskas factory in the sky

Awh :3
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Hip got knocked slightly out of place, just enough to be uncomfortable. Ugh.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:53 am

FUCK OFF YOUTUBE - I DON'T WANT A PREGNANCY TEST, I WANT TO SEE WHAT SHIT BANDS ARE PLAYING BOA GODDAMMIT.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 am

Belfast Punks being petty and intentionally booking gigs on the same night as each other.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Been unable to get to the gym for a couple of weeks, went today to discover hugely diminished leg strength. :evil:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:07 pm

When I was in Devon I bought some chili sauces from a shop. One was meant to be hot and it actually was. It did give me a bit of agony over the meals I laced it over. Then there was a second one I bought that was "extreme." The hot one is far spicier than the extreme one. I wanted more pain god damnit.

I have also gone through the entire bottle in a very short space of time. I used the hot in moderation and the extreme I am just throwing everywhere. Put it in my eyes and ingest it that way. Yoloswag.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:22 pm

I just got my wage slip. I've not been paid for twenty five hours, and as a result, my wage is down. On this payday of all Bloody times
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year