What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Nantha
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Nantha » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Only in London, it's so cheap sometimes i just get a taxi because I can't be bothered to wait for the train. I don't know how they make any money :?

WPMOT: Doing the Labour party conferences for a week. I have been trying so hard to like Labour, I really want to like them.
I think Jezza is a top decent guy... but the policies.... so far it's just been essentially 'Well the Tories are shit and we want to make sure refugees and disabled people have a better time over here'.
Nothing they say applies to me or the people around me it seems, apart from re-nationalising the railways and sorting out the gender pay gap, I think it's low brow to just bash the opposition instead of talking about your own aims, just can't get on board :(
I was really hoping a week of listening to these MP's talk about the changes they want to make would make me excited, but literally, so far, it's just made me more frustrated.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:43 am

Thought it had been rolled out in Birmingham but I didn't read what it was all about. Still rather use trains where possible. Saw the last Shirley train disappear into the distance. Last Solihull train is about 10 minutes later apart from on the day I wish to use it then it doesn't exist.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Jobdone wrote:Shit I didn't realise you could get Uber over here yet. That idea sounds awesome.

You didn't hear about the London cabbies throwing a strop because Uber was undercutting them?

Uber is one of those things that just makes sense. What's the point of dedicated taxis services when every other fucker on the road has three or four seats free in their car and wouldn't say no to a bit of petrol money?
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Well Uber is a proper taxi firm. The company is based in Switzerland or something though as a massive tax dodge which is why it's so cheap

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Welp, tomorrow is back to work. It's been a good long run but I'm dreading what kind of mess there'll be for me to clean up and other unpleasant surprises.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:55 pm

Guy whose stag do I am going to in October was telling me over a spot of World of Tanks that only 10 people have paid for the paintballing and he's put a deposit down for something like 25. Which is shit because I have paid for two of them...myself and another chap. Did that about 24 hours after I got the message too. Feel bad for him really. Suppose he has another month to get a few more but he did stipulate to pay before yesterday in the email.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:52 am

Turbo wrote:Guy whose stag do I am going to in October was telling me over a spot of World of Tanks that only 10 people have paid for the paintballing and he's put a deposit down for something like 25. Which is shit because I have paid for two of them...myself and another chap. Did that about 24 hours after I got the message too. Feel bad for him really. Suppose he has another month to get a few more but he did stipulate to pay before yesterday in the email.

People are dicks like that. It sucks! People are "yeah, yeah, I'm up for that" and when it comes to paying they do one.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Danroush wrote:If you think I'm being tinfoil about this, give Tet a chance to weigh in before diving at me for this comment.

Tinfoil? A step in the right direction, but woefully inadequate. I'm working on a stainless steel hat now!

There's not much I can add. Airport security is a ridiculous joke that doesn't even address the actual threats. Schneier summed it up pretty well when he pointed out that only three things have improved security since 2001 - locked and reinforced cockpit doors, passengers now realizing they need to fight back when something happens and sky marshals. And the jury is very much still out on the latter.

And yes, it's not about security, it's about control[1]. And if you don't believe that these arbitrary and ineffective restrictions on your freedom will seep into your everyday life, you're very naïve.

[1] I don't believe there's some grand illuminati-like plan for controlling the world's population. But still, there's someone pushing for these things, even when everyone agrees they don't work.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Wanted confirmation on my dissertation project about a month before term started to get a head start but still waiting. Tried getting in touch a few times to responses of "Before semester starts". Still waiting and they're ignoring my emails. Sigh.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:49 am

knackered. Gotta miss the after conference fun tonight to drive back to London, ready for a 6am start, followed by an overnight job, and then another day job. 40 hours without sleep, wheey.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:25 am

Colleague who is leaving in a week is being an absolute cunt. Seriously just fuck off, she's spent the past month making my work life incredibly difficult by not doing shit that needs to be done because she doesn't care anymore.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:16 pm

My dad acting like a fucking child. He got a bullshit traffic fine which I think is highly suspect. I have been using my evening to tell him he should appeal it...I mean from the grainy black and white photograph we've been given we can't even tell if he's driving this car, he fucks off in a strop because he wants to relax. I have driven over 80% of todays total miles between us where he's been the passenger and he wants to relax? So fuck him, be £135 out of pocket. Sorry for caring. He can be a right cunt sometimes.

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Fucking fuming.

Someone I regarded as a great great friend and in such high regard has basically fucked me off over the last few months. I asked him today, why? Have I done something? No, he's just randomly decided he doesn't want to fucking know me anymore.

I don't mind people not liking me, but when it's someone you were very close to, and some one who I've done so fucking much for - to be fucked off and tossed aside for no reason really takes the fucking piss.

Prick
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:44 am

Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Fucking fuming.

Someone I regarded as a great great friend and in such high regard has basically fucked me off over the last few months. I asked him today, why? Have I done something? No, he's just randomly decided he doesn't want to fucking know me anymore.

I don't mind people not liking me, but when it's someone you were very close to, and some one who I've done so fucking much for - to be fucked off and tossed aside for no reason really takes the fucking piss.

Prick

I had that happen to me once, then I slowly realised I was better off because she was actually completely insane and not really a very nice person deep down.
Don't worry, it's their loss, as much as it may feel like yours at the moment.

WPMOT: Got an absolute stinker of a cold. Feel like shit and barely slept, it's going to be a long day.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Had seizures at work. Can't even stand up and my area manager won't even try help me. Cunt.