What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Lydian Lady
Consort of the Beast

Postby Lydian Lady » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:21 pm

today....
Having to stay home and pack instead of going to gigs....
Stand straight, look me in the eye and say goodbye!

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:46 pm

andeh wrote:Not being able to sleep at all for the last week, and waking up later and later because of it :x I proper need a reason to actually get up in the mornings these days, I'm turning nocturnal. Wouldn't be so bad if I had sumut to do during the night as well

I sympathise completely, I've been up til at least 5.30 every night (morning?) for weeks - even the one day I have to get off my arse before 9 for (to do an ECDL course) I rarely get more than 3 hours sleep before getting up... least I've only got Powerpoint (which is officially the easiest thing in the world ever) to contend with now and not bloody spreadhseets!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:28 pm

Big D wrote:I rang up last Monday to ask (politely) where the hell my replacement card was and got told it should arrive by the "end of the week. "

Just curious... that wouldn't happen to be with Abbey National would it? My girlfriend's having exactly the same problem with them at the moment. Her last card expired 3 weeks ago, and she still can't get anyone to tell her why the replacement isn't here yet, or when it's likely to turn up (other than "oh, probably by the end of the week").
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:35 am

Lick Mars wrote:Bloody Ryanair being a dick! and STILL organising things, I need to actually start packing, and realise all the things I need to buy etc. and I only have a stupidly huge bag cos I doubt everything gonna fit in the littler one. and now I need to get ready to go out but I dont think I have time to straighten my hair or anything because I've been trying to organise all this shiteness gah! times like this I wish my hair werent so long and stupid.

When you fly with BrianAir they give you masking tape to patch the plane up as you're flying! :(
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:16 am

Tet wrote:
Big D wrote:I rang up last Monday to ask (politely) where the hell my replacement card was and got told it should arrive by the "end of the week. "

Just curious... that wouldn't happen to be with Abbey National would it? My girlfriend's having exactly the same problem with them at the moment. Her last card expired 3 weeks ago, and she still can't get anyone to tell her why the replacement isn't here yet, or when it's likely to turn up (other than "oh, probably by the end of the week").

Not as far as I know. Different company but they may be owned by Abbey somewhere down the line.
Maybe all the credit card companies are doing the same upgrading thingie.
Or they all suffer from being rubbish.
How come with all todays technology it still takes forever to get any result from any sort of organisation.?

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:38 am

That after all these years it still takes the best part of a week for a cheque to clear.....
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:24 am

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:That after all these years it still takes the best part of a week for a cheque to clear.....

That's always struck me as bollox. They can verify it in seconds, that waiting around is aimed solely at pissing customers off!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:10 am

angel_of_death wrote:
lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:That after all these years it still takes the best part of a week for a cheque to clear.....

That's always struck me as bollox. They can verify it in seconds, that waiting around is aimed solely at pissing customers off!

That and the money is in their account earning interest instead of yours.
On a similiar note, if they can tell instantly whether there is enough money in the account to allow a Debit card transaction why does it take anywhere from 2 to 4 days for it to hit the account?
Mr Cynical says they deliberately want people to lose track of how much they/ve spent.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:01 am

Ringing doctors, its always a pain in the arse. I'm put on hold forever, then theyre always more interested in updating my temporary residence than booking an appointment :rolleyes: . Then they just end up getting the doctor to ring me and prescribe something over the phone, that can't be good but I know what I want anyway lol. Just waiting for them to hurry up and ring already!! I have other things to be doing..

OverlordofMetal
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby OverlordofMetal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:13 am

Great weekend, now back to work... :cry:
Snoochie boochies!!!

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:07 pm

In that shitty mood.. Fucks sake I hate that, its soo annoying.

Its that mood, where everythings fine and you have everything you need to supposedly be happy, but for days, sometimes weeks on end everything is just crap, and you just mope around unmotivated. Everything you do sucks, you can try and play guitar for a bit to motivate self but just end up hitting tons of wrong notes, speak to friends none are in, or aren't that talkative etc. Thats just a random mood swing I know, but what makes it worse is I'm quite a completative person, and I'm one of those who often thinks themselves into a "Life is naff, we have all this comfort, but what can you really achieve, and what gives you the sense of adventure? Not much". Maybe its because my love of fantasy, folklore etc kind of makes me see the world in much different eyes. So nothing much interests me, and the area I live in has little to do (apart from getting pissed..), and not that many interesting people.

I work myself up basically, I make myself believe and think these things with no trigger.

(sorry if that didn't make sense xD)

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:45 pm

Spent nearly £25 today on Sun Cream, Blister Plasters, Rennies, Hair Bobbles, and various other cosmetic crap for Wacken :x
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:31 pm

The Warlord wrote:Spent nearly £25 today on Sun Cream, Blister Plasters, Rennies, Hair Bobbles, and various other cosmetic crap for Wacken :x

That will last you for bloodstock too? Or are you seriously gonna need all of that at Wacken O.o

I plan to just buy as much cheapass stuff as possible, plenty of mouthwash, chewing gum, baby wipes, about 3 big bottles of water etc...

Oh and cheap biscuits xD shouldn't cost me too much (I hope)

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:46 pm

Ive broken my tin opener :x gotta liveon whats in the freezer for a few days, unless i borrow the one from work.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Sherry
Paster of Muppets

Postby Sherry » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:17 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Ive broken my tin opener :x gotta liveon whats in the freezer for a few days, unless i borrow the one from work.

Go buy a new one , you wally !! :finger: