What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Tue May 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Manager was an hour and a half late today meaning my 11 hour night shift became a 12.5 hour night shift. There wasn't even an apology or acknowledgement of being late. My body is rebelling against me and I can barely walk. Basically all I want to do is sleep but I can't even do that and I'm on nights all week. Fuck superdrug.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

So lonely, so tired.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sat May 07, 2016 5:35 pm

fluffymoo wrote:So lonely, so tired.

:hug: No-one is ever lonely with us
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon May 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Plans for this week gone because the guy I planned 2 weeks ago is doing something else and I'm not invited.

Guess I am going to get used to this being not invited thing. I will make sure I am unavailable the next time he wants to go out. Tired of being plan B.

Edit and sure enough BBQ plans 28th May. I appear to be busy. Hope it pisses down.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue May 10, 2016 11:54 pm

It's how useless a bloke in my shop is*.

I'm sorry, but I just carried in five big stack boxes of books from the carpark, about 100 yards, in a downpour. Dump them on the floor because the donor wants the boxes back. And you tell me that the manageress doesn't like people putting the books there?

I put them down to sort them out. But don't forget I'm the assistant manager you soft twat.

I was so close to slapping him. :lol:

*He's in his sixties and is on a dole course. Apparently never had a job in his life. Doesn't want one because he's retiring soon. :rolleyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed May 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Not pissed off, not even really irked but found a Spanish review of the album that slates it a bit. While it's expected and I knew negative ones would be coming you can't help but be a bit "oh...well...fuck you too buddy"

Ah well, no point crying over the inevitable!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun May 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Met a handful of folk I hadn't seen in a long while yesterday, one of whom I assumed had long stopped giving a shit, and it seems I was right. Calling our brief interaction perfunctory would have been pushing it.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:39 pm

The constant lack of sleep leaving me feeling braindead and completely unmotivated just gets to me more and more each day. Lose my train of thought constantly, especially when talking and struggle to barely string a sentence together half the time.

That and going out in the garden this morning to sit in the sun, only for the neighbours next door to start screaming and swearing at each other at the top of their lungs. It was barely 9am. Went back in and spent the whole day in a cocoon eating crap and doing a lot of nothing.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue May 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Everyone I live with is so fucking lazy, boyfriend fully included. I go away for a couple of days for work and come back to a shit-heap.
The washing left drying INSIDE is still there, he hasn't even bothered to open the curtains or make the bed. Taken my bike lock cos he can't find his own, and now i can't cycle to richmond like I wanted to. I'd have sympathy if he was really busy and didn't have time to do any of this shit, but the pile of beer cans in the recycling says otherwise. :evil: I am an angry woman right now.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue May 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Trying to find someone with a van who'll drive me and my stuff up to Dundee next Tuesday, but not charge an excessive amount of money to do so.

Had a guy who said he'd do it for ~£350, but he went silent a couple of weeks ago -- ignoring my emails, ducking my phone calls, and ultimately switching off his phone/blocking my number.

I'm looking into palleting my stuff up and shipping it out on a next day delivery for £100 or so. I'd then have to get a rip-off train up instead, but fuck it, I'm not paying £1300 to shift >20 boxes, a PC chair and a couple of disassembled bookshelves + desk.

I'm mostly pissed off at the van man who's left me high and dry, if he'd just had the decency to tell me he's not interested, instead of string me along then dropping all contact, I'd not be as annoyed. :/
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue May 24, 2016 2:39 pm

WorMzy wrote:Trying to find someone with a van who'll drive me and my stuff up to Dundee next Tuesday, but not charge an excessive amount of money to do so.

Had a guy who said he'd do it for ~£350, but he went silent a couple of weeks ago -- ignoring my emails, ducking my phone calls, and ultimately switching off his phone/blocking my number.

I'm looking into palleting my stuff up and shipping it out on a next day delivery for £100 or so. I'd then have to get a rip-off train up instead, but fuck it, I'm not paying £1300 to shift >20 boxes, a PC chair and a couple of disassembled bookshelves + desk.

I'm mostly pissed off at the van man who's left me high and dry, if he'd just had the decency to tell me he's not interested, instead of string me along then dropping all contact, I'd not be as annoyed. :/

Why not just rent a van? Shouldn't cost you more than £200 or so for a weekend
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue May 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Can't drive. :P

I'd be willing to give it a go if it'd save me money, but I think the police frown upon that sort of thing. :lol:
~ Adam Jenson

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed May 25, 2016 11:11 am

men with ven aren't hard to find. Should be able to google locally and find someone, but can't really comment on price.
Or failing that, rent an enterprise and pay a mate who drives to do it?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed May 25, 2016 11:35 am

Have you tried anyvan.com? That's where I found my moving van people. You just put up a list of the stuff you need moving and where you are going and different people offer you quotes. They do reviews as well so you can hopefully avoid dodgy people.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed May 25, 2016 11:47 am

I haven't tried that site, but I ended up finding a guy on gumtree who says he'll do it for £270. :yes:

He sounds like a good guy over the phone, but if he does the same thing as the first guy and it all goes tits up, I'll give that site a try, cheers!
~ Adam Jenson