What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Fucking optical migraine.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:28 am

The final roller derby game of this year was played last weekend and I need a break to recover physically/mentally (I'm reaching the point where I'm wondering how long I can keep doing it as I'm struggling to cope with the level our team are at now). This lead to a massive public telling off last night by one of the coaches. Admittedly it was about half 1 and she was hammered but still pissed me off. :x
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:14 pm

peypea wrote:Fucking optical migraine.

Been there!

*hugs*

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Small anti-racism gets a non racist, centuries old tradition banned at folk festival.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2016 ... LHvYHTf.01

For those that don't know, I'm a Morris dancer. I used to dance in a side that blacks up, and danced at folk festivals just like this one.

This anti-racist group are a joke. They are a local group in Shropshire, have had meetings with Shrewsbury folk festival organisers and representatives from the JMO (Joint Morris Organisations, essentially provides insurance for morris dancing) explaining the reasoning for using face paint, the colouring and the (lack of) racism within the Border or Molly traditions.

But no, Shrewsbury Folk Festival are apparently terrified of this local pressure group and of any badly researched stories appearing in the Daily Fail.

This has pissed me off far more than it should, but this is my hobby that's coming under attack from people who are easily offended on behalf of an entire ethnicity.

Fuck that group.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:20 pm

How would they react if you all painted your faces white do you think? Or grey?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:43 pm

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:13 am

Instagram. What a load of shit.

I generally despise social media and all the passive aggression, narcissism, sychophancy and tacit bragging that goes with it, but as a professional photographer I kinda felt I had to use at least one platform to keep my work in the public eye, so I stuck with Instagram. And yet you can't avoid all the annoying trappings of attention whoring - you get randomly followed by people who clearly have zero interest in your work, and pathetic, obviously thoughtless comments posted by people who are simply trying to get your attention. I actually had a comment posted under one of my photos last night saying ""You're cool! Follow me?". FUCK OFF. It's nauseating.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Just had a package delivered by Yodel that was completely mashed at one end, despite being marked fragile.

When I queried it with the driver, he pointed to the package and stated that it only contained plants. He was actually pointing to the sustainable cardboard logo (which is a tree) and is on most packages. When I explained this to him, he said he thought he had been delivering plants for the last 2 weeks, which was his duration of working for the company :o Thankfully, the stuff was so well packed no damage was sustained.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 pm

That indigestion-type feeling is back with a vengeance.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:54 pm

Noodle wrote:Small anti-racism gets a non racist, centuries old tradition banned at folk festival.

(link)

For those that don't know, I'm a Morris dancer. I used to dance in a side that blacks up, and danced at folk festivals just like this one.

This anti-racist group are a joke. They are a local group in Shropshire, have had meetings with Shrewsbury folk festival organisers and representatives from the JMO (Joint Morris Organisations, essentially provides insurance for morris dancing) explaining the reasoning for using face paint, the colouring and the (lack of) racism within the Border or Molly traditions.

But no, Shrewsbury Folk Festival are apparently terrified of this local pressure group and of any badly researched stories appearing in the Daily Fail.

This has pissed me off far more than it should, but this is my hobby that's coming under attack from people who are easily offended on behalf of an entire ethnicity.

Fuck that group.

That's really shit and has pissed me off too. People can't even be bothered to understand and respect the history behind something as fucking innocent and community-binding as Morris. They have no right to call you out on racism, where no racism exists, fucking cunts.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:48 pm

Really bad funny turns last night. Feeling wobbly and utterly shit today.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Had to contact the employment agency about timesheet matters, get put onto a manager who was exceptionally rude and sarcy, barely letting me fit a word in edgeways. Says a lot how rude some people choose to be when they can get away with it and have you by the balls. Same sort of rudeness you get from the local council, DWP etc because they can't lose business/face.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:47 pm

peypea wrote:How would they react if you all painted your faces white do you think? Or grey?

They'd be happy with that. They were even asked by representatives of the 3 Morris organisations if brown pain would be ok... "Yes, that would be fine". An anti racism, pro-equality pressure group in Shropshire would be fine with full face brown make up instead of black.

My point is that this is the result of a threat of court action against not only this particular folk festival as well as some morris sides themselves. It has not been an 'organic' change, if you like. It's a forced change because this group "feels like the times have changed and feel that it's time they used other forms of disguise and make up".

If Morris sides choose to change their kit because they feel they want to for whatever reason, that would be a different matter, and there are plenty of sides who use multiple colours, or simply not at all, despite it not being particularly " traditional" kit, which is also fine, but it should be their OWN choice and no one else's.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:55 am

Got our first letter from the council since moving to the new flat, and it's a demand for £1k council tax payment.

Fuck off, you money grabbing cheesemongers, it should be a request, not a demand. :<

The girlfriend wants to pay it ASAP, but I want to make these cunts wait for it. Sending demand letters as the first point of contact is just plain rude.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Put my heart on my sleeve, got nothing in return.