What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 am

Day 2 in the new office and still can't do any work. Someone has already sent a snarky email around the whole office.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:12 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:Day 2 in the new office and still can't do any work. Someone has already sent a snarky email around the whole office.

how come?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Nantha wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:Day 2 in the new office and still can't do any work. Someone has already sent a snarky email around the whole office.

how come?

We can't access the system that we do literally all our work on - some shit about IP addresses. It's not like this office move has been in the works for over a year or anything.

15/07 - Saor - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Just make something amazing using the laminator again. Only good things come from tax payers money.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Brother informs me Amazon emailed to confirm his present to me had been delivered and left with 'reception' which is fucking vague. No card left. Downstairs neighbour ain't seen it. Next door to our right don't have it. Next door to our left answered by some family friend who couldn't see anything after a quick poke around. Amazon are usually good about saying where/with whom exactly they've left it but they've been total weakeners this time, or whatever mouthbreathers 'delivered' it. Bro had to forward me the email to confirm where he'd sent it, spoiling the surprise. And it's whiskey, which makes this doubly tragic.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:46 pm

I was gonna have a similar amazon-related whinge actually.
I ordered this really special necklace for my mums birthday next week, she specifically asked for it, it's a pendant with all her kids names engraved on it (you know mum shit), and it's super important she gets it, as we're all away so no ones are going to see her on her birthday, which i know she's devvo about.
Anyways and i check my email and it says it was dispatched 1st november... and the delivery was meant to be one and a half weeks back. So i send out an angry email to the seller, alert my siblings that my mum is probably going to be in tears on her birthday.
I get in from work, and lo and behold, today apparently it came.
So there's a half whinge for you

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:58 am

Been "unofficially" told that this new job will not be coming with a promotion because of HR. It's a load of bull that's going to need a lot of digging to get through and really makes me want tell them to stuff it.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:30 am

Theee new meds are doing my head in. Feel jangled going to bed. And hung over/stoned when I wake up.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Turbo wrote:Just make something amazing using the laminator again. Only good things come from tax payers money.

I've not actually seen the laminator since we moved. I'll have to track it down.

15/07 - Saor - London

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:16 pm

losing a day's work because i've gotta have a filling done. As if it wasn't shite enough.
Can't even move the appointment because the next time the dentist is free is over a month away.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 pm

So I have my bro's Amazon delivery. The courier delivered it 10 doors away because they apparently can't read numbers, so whoever lives there handed it to my neighbours just earlier, who managed to catch my housemate as she arrived.

Said neighbours said they too had an email for one of their Amazon orders saying "left at reception". As did a friend I was chatting to last night.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:45 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
Turbo wrote:Just make something amazing using the laminator again. Only good things come from tax payers money.

I've not actually seen the laminator since we moved. I'll have to track it down.

Please do :D

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:47 pm

The Lords have passed the Investigatory Powers Bill :-( That was our last hope. It will now become law in the near future. The UK is entering an era of government surveillance that dwarfs anything found anywhere else in the world. Big Brother is truly here :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Landlord is really dragging his feet now.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:50 pm

working at a particular venue today. The technical manager has decided to let me spend the evening working whilst he sleeps on the floor in the back and then decides to get drunk and hang outside smoking with the other guy who works here. He's also really rude to everyone, except me thankfully, but yeah I just really can't be arsed to deal with people like that.
There are hundreds of people who would kill to have his job and he just treats it like shit. Everytime I work with him he just talks about how he doesn't want to be here.