What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Tet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:50 am

Banned by Facebook, who don't believe my name is what it is. Even after I'd sent them a scan of my driving licence. And there is no way to talk to anyone about it :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Metalgal wrote:
Metalchemyst wrote:^ Oh At the end of the year some of the other students buggered off without paying me their share of the bill. They were postgrads as well and I was only a first year.
Blimey how much was that, for students I bet the electricity bill was massive! :o
I don't remember, but it must have come out of what savings I had at the time (not a great amount). It just shows that educated people are not necessarily conscientious :|
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:
Metalgal wrote:
Metalchemyst wrote:^ Oh At the end of the year some of the other students buggered off without paying me their share of the bill. They were postgrads as well and I was only a first year.
Blimey how much was that, for students I bet the electricity bill was massive! :o
I don't remember, but it must have come out of what savings I had at the time (not a great amount). It just shows that educated people are not necessarily conscientious :|

Yes tell me about it so inconsiderate, by the time we had paid it was over a grand coz it just kept building up, so glad it's over, still pissed we had to pay it, shame about the freindship!
I’m ready! I’m ready! I’m ready! ;)

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Trying to upload a pic for my profile on here and says it has to be under 48kb, editing and looking at a few pics- can't seem to get anything less than 650kb does technology even go that low anymore?!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Make sure your image is only 100x100 pixels, and export it as a JPEG. Lower the JPEG quality as needed (you can normally get to ~80% without any serious loss of image quality).
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 pm

WorMzy wrote:Make sure your image is only 100x100 pixels, and export it as a JPEG. Lower the JPEG quality as needed (you can normally get to ~80% without any serious loss of image quality).

Why are metal type people always so smart! I have absolutely no idea how to do any of that :lol: how do I do that on an Android phone rather than a computer? X

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Metalgal wrote:
WorMzy wrote:Make sure your image is only 100x100 pixels, and export it as a JPEG. Lower the JPEG quality as needed (you can normally get to ~80% without any serious loss of image quality).

Why are metal type people always so smart!
Maybe headbanging stimulates blood flow to the brain :rock:
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Metalgal wrote:

Why are metal type people always so smart! I have absolutely no idea how to do any of that :lol: how do I do that on an Android phone rather than a computer? X

Dunno if there's any easy way of doing this on android, but if you don't have access to a PC (or do, but don't want to install a graphical manipulation software like GIMP), then I had some success with https://www.photopea.com/

It's not a newbie-friendly tool though, so if you don't have any experience with graphics manipulation software and terms like cropping and scaling, you might struggle to use it.
~ Adam Jenson

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:37 pm

[/quote]Maybe headbanging stimulates blood flow to the brain :rock:[/quote]

Promptly starts head banging :rock:

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Breaking a bone in my foot when I tripped going up my house stairs last night. Wasn't even drunk :rolleyes:

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:54 pm

Oh great, we're playing silly buggers with naval provocations off the coast of Crimea. Are we hoping to get the Europeans to rally around us by playing to a 'Russia is the bad guy' rhetoric? :/
~ Adam Jenson

Purple n Batty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Purple n Batty » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Ankle totally went over again at the weekend and still in a lot of pain. Typical as I'm off to Barefoot Festival this weekend after months of waiting to be back in a field camping.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:09 pm

Got my tickets for next year on site but no parking ticket available until online. So went to See Tickets to get parking ticket and happy to see it was £18.25 and then... at the checkout a WHOPPING £6.50 transaction fee added on just for a single parking ticket. AND they had the cheek to put 'tickets will be £20 on the gate' which is a sight cheaper than £24.75 (that's a bloody pint mate!)

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:23 am

So not only did See manage to fuck up pre-festival, they're managing to bugger up post... It really wouldn't surprise me if bloodstock signed a contract with another ticketing company after 2022
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:03 pm

Noodle wrote:So not only did See manage to fuck up pre-festival, they're managing to bugger up post... It really wouldn't surprise me if bloodstock signed a contract with another ticketing company after 2022

This is my 12th BOA and I've never had any probs with See Tickets though. Last year was a fuck up all over the place because of the 'you know what'. I'll just pay the £20 for the parking on the entrance.