What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Rob Bannister
Festival Compere

Postby Rob Bannister » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:04 pm

Had a horrible child protection case at work today - left me feeling a bit sick.
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Generally hanging around with the girl I like, and her boyfriend, kinda sucks.
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Dream Thief
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Dream Thief » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:55 pm

England!! Need I say more? What a fucking sad bunch of worthless cunts!!
Go now brave warrior don't look back
the stars will guide you through the night

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:30 pm

Missed the England game, sat down to watch it and promptly fell asleep. Soooo not looking forward to tomorrow.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:54 am

Freakshow Nightmare wrote:Generally hanging around with the girl I like, and her boyfriend, kinda sucks.

That happened to me over the summer last year. I was going to ask a friend out the next time I went to see her but a few days before going she told me she'd just started seeing someone. That was bad enough but then she brought him along when I went down. There appears to be a theme to all these unhappy summers I seem to have.

Also, England's spineless capitulation. The backs of my hands drying out and cracking up again, thanks to various irritants and the cold weather.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Rob Bannister
Festival Compere

Postby Rob Bannister » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:57 pm

jackcake wrote: The backs of my hands drying out and cracking up again, thanks to various irritants and the cold weather.

Can I suggest this? I swear by it!

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/50758
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Gonna end up being in work till 9:30 tonight, pushing 14 hours :(

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:20 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Gonna end up being in work till 9:30 tonight, pushing 14 hours :(

No late night talk with Mr angel :( :o
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Pitstarter
Consort of the Beast

Postby Pitstarter » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:46 pm

Guess which occupation pissed me off today, and yesterday on my day off because they can't plan for something they knew about 3 weeks ago, and they pulled my records up and phoned me at home to tell me what was needing done first thing today while I was hungover.

Can't wait for the HMIe report to come out.
Pitstarter
Swordsman and Geeky Wargamer...

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:57 pm

People anonymously saying things about me on myspace/my own paranoia

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:59 pm

Pitstarter wrote:Guess which occupation pissed me off today, and yesterday on my day off because they can't plan for something they knew about 3 weeks ago, and they pulled my records up and phoned me at home to tell me what was needing done first thing today while I was hungover.

Can't wait for the HMIe report to come out.

If I had my way, unreasonable demands like that would be met with a "No F***in way* but my boss tends to just roll over and play ball, and guess who gets to do all these last minute rush jobs!

Tonight, to be fair, hasn't been as much of a rush job as I expected and they've planned it quite well (although they're being a bit over the top), but still quite a few last minute changes. We had the lighting rig all set up and programmed, then they're like.."Oh, can we have this light here, and can we have a fade out there!" Not a major drama, but still, grrr!

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 pm

Getting to The Black Crusade last night at 7pm due to ACTUALLY HAVING WORK RATHER THAN SKIVING SCHOOL to find out I'd missed the support bands I wanted to see at such an early time.

Stood through Dragonforce and Trivium, then in the stupidly long changeover time everyone around me found out the England result.

Machine Head only played for an hour, and some knobhead crowdsurfer landed on my shoulders, so I had a bit of handbags which took out a bit of aggression.

The place I've been working are now back fully staffed so didn't really need me but have kept me on for this week so I've been doing stupid jobs like sticking labels on bags, sweeping round the machines and today the worst of all sweeping up the dust room, the most pointless and demoralising exercise in the world. Only one more day there but it's gonna drag so much!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:42 am

I'm so cold I may have to go and buy a cardigan at lunchtime! :(

Mimio
Leather Rebel

Postby Mimio » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:00 pm

My Mass Effect Limited Edition not being delivered on day of release like promised.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:03 pm

I'm going to go into a rant. Feel free to ignore me.

Ok, so I'm in college, listening to my music teacher absolutely adore the sound of his own voice, nag me about how terrible my attendance is around music geeks - who are very lovely people, but very bloody dull.

I hate this subject. I didn't chose it, my parents chose it and told me that there's no point me coming to college if I didn't do music. I don't know how that possibly worked, but apparantly so.
They also chose the college I come too because it has a reputation for music. The last college in the world I would have personally chose.

If I drop this subject, there are two things which could happen to me;
House arrest, or getting completely cast out.

I would drop it. I would stop this lesson completely but no, I have controlling, pissy parents who have no qualifications and have some kind of image of me being some 'amazing' clarinettest (they wouldn't let me play the fucking drums anymore.) in the London Philharmonic or somewhere crap like that.

I just want to be a fucking drummer, or a journalist if all else fails. Not some stuffy clarinettest who thinks she's better than anyone else.

I feel so trapped.
I'm deffo going to go to the colleges I actually WANT to go too later, and get prospectuses. Reapply for next year to do the 3 A2 levels which I want to do.

UGHHH. I've been in a 3 day killer of a bad mood.