What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:14 pm

Went to pick up the Lost In Space EP's today...10 FUCKING QUID!!! EACH!! Sorry but I aint paying that much for 6 fucking tracks....fuck you HMV...now I have to wait for my new card to come before I can order them online :x

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:52 pm

NOOOOO

just started watching an episode of Heroes on alluc.org only to accidentally reload the page while watching it

johnny_boy
Warrior of Metal

Postby johnny_boy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:50 pm

workin from 12pm till 9pm without a god damn break
not bloomin happy i can tell ya that

any one wanna give me a new job please

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Not sure it's pissed me off, but I can't be arsed to start a new thread about it.
Just put the Manowar: live at Earthshaker 2005 DVD that Lovefilm sent me today.

Are these guys actually capable of putting together a decent DVD? Hell on Earth 3 ( I think that's the other one I watch) was shit. Too much arsing around. I just want a live concert, filmed well, not crappy interviews with the band or the fans, put that on the extras.

This is what I expected from this DVD. What do I get? Camerawork that looks like a 5 year old with ADHD has filmed it and fucking awful inconsistent sound :(
Shame 'cause apart from that it looks like a good show. :(

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:43 am

I hated college to the point of death this morning. I was ready to phone up and say "sorry, I'm never coming back".

But I didn't. 'cause I want future prospects of some sort.
Not that I see how AS levels are going to give me any job skills whatsoever and the fact that I want to do a music tech BTEC more than anything in the world... but positivity is key. xD

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 pm

If you get where its making you unhappy and you don't have a clear and definitive pathway to a job you know you will settle into and make money from - quit. Education isn't worth bothering with unless you love what you're doing and/or you know for a fact it will leave you on an earner at the end.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Maybe but I think basic alevels are essential.
They give you a language, organsational skills and unfortunately most employers do look for a-levels.
I have a-levels and have forgotton most of what I have leant but compared to my sister who has no a-levels (we have about the same gcse results) I can get jobs where she can't.

Some courses also look for a-levels too even if they are not subject related.
So stick it out hun.
Not long in comparison the the rest of your life and career.

x
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Ross wrote:If you get where its making you unhappy and you don't have a clear and definitive pathway to a job you know you will settle into and make money from - quit. Education isn't worth bothering with unless you love what you're doing and/or you know for a fact it will leave you on an earner at the end.

In retrospect, I think that's now true of University, but not A-Levels. A-Levels are the thing that most employers see making a big difference because they are the first thing you can do that's optional.

MetalPoet
Warrior of Metal

Postby MetalPoet » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:38 pm

Some geek whining about whether a post was in the right forum.

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Little snipes like that aren't really called for and just make you look like a five year old :lol: :yes:

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:09 pm

One from the "How the hell did you manage that " file.

Microwaving my tea and as I take it out I have a lapse in concentration and the plate begins sliding floorwards. I reach out to grab it and manage to stick my finger right into the middle of a recently microwaved steak pie.
So now the only bit of my tea that isn't on the floor is the fistful of boiling hot gravy in my hand. Pretty soon that ends up on the floor too as I swear loudly and head for the cold tap.
End result: a sticky floor, a scalded hand and an evening meal that tastes a tad gritty.
:(

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:44 pm

The brainless little doughnut in his Lotus cutting me up on the M6.

Approaching his junction, rather than tuck in behind me like the sane person would have he bombed it past, swerved inside then jammed his brakes on before veering onto the exit slip. I'm doing 70 in a 3.5-ton van with brakes comparable to wet sponge. If not for actually being alert I would have crushed your yellow plastic tub of vomit.

Still almost had my load join me in the cab. Prospective sports/luxury car owners should have to sit a second test before being allowed anywhere near those things, tbfh.

That was almost as bad as freezing half to death for 20 minutes in the dark and cold trying to refit the headlight retaining cap in my car after replacing the bulb. Torch is knackered and had to do the whole thing blind.

On Wednesday it was a dizzy girl in her Chelsea tractor almost putting me on the kerb before she side-swiped me, because she absolutely has to get in front of me, despite me making a point of sitting on the bumper of the car in front. I don't let queue-jumpers in. She had to be either blind or stupid.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:59 pm

MetalPoet wrote:Some geek whining about whether a post was in the right forum.

Hey I am a geek and proud :D
Just generally commenting as you get a better response if it's in the right forum :P
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:47 pm

Xzar wrote:
Ross wrote:If you get where its making you unhappy and you don't have a clear and definitive pathway to a job you know you will settle into and make money from - quit. Education isn't worth bothering with unless you love what you're doing and/or you know for a fact it will leave you on an earner at the end.

In retrospect, I think that's now true of University, but not A-Levels. A-Levels are the thing that most employers see making a big difference because they are the first thing you can do that's optional.

That is exactly why I'm sticking at it. Job skills they don't do anything but they will at least help with getting a job in the first place - and will probably help me to get promotion in whatever job.

...meh.
What's pissed me off today ;s Not much really lol.

Well, my fella pissed me of last night beyond redemption. And it has moved through to today.

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:36 pm

got to work late tonight :(
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.