What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby moongoosedani » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Pitstarter wrote:Went to get my cargo for the coming weekend from Makro. To my dismay it turns out they might be ceasing to stock my favourite beer ever, Warsteiner. It's the only place I've found that sells it.

Much disappointment abound :(

Aww that sucks. Warsteiner is the worlds best beer, no question. I know a place in Chester that sells it by the bottle, but I usually get a crate from Makro as its far cheaper that way..
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:23 pm

might get sacked cus some Fucking Indian stole £80 from my till today

Great; thanks a fucking bunch

Also gotta work Thursday night so wont make it down to bloodstock till Friday morning
You may not like it now
But this is how the story ends

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 pm

*red* wrote:I recently found someone else who makes me feel so special after so long alone and now my ex is being all akward and expects me to hide away.
I am not throwing it in his face but cannot help being in town with my boyfriend.

sounds familiar.. good luck

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Lick Mars wrote:
*red* wrote:I recently found someone else who makes me feel so special after so long alone and now my ex is being all akward and expects me to hide away.
I am not throwing it in his face but cannot help being in town with my boyfriend.

sounds familiar.. good luck

Thanks hunny

x
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:00 pm

The wife and I received the application form for my daughter's first school (she'll start next year) today. There's a choice of six schools in the local area so we put those down and read the smallprint...

Apparently, the types of children who will be considered for school places ABOVE her include:
Children of traveller families (ie, the kids of the loudmouthed, violent gypo scum who live two doors down from me)
Children who have been permanently excluded from another school.
Pupils at risk of permanent exclusion.
Refugees and asylum seekers.
Children who are known to the police and other agencies.
Children without a school place with a history of serious attendance problems.
Children withdrawn from schools by their family following exclusion.

So, my little girl, who comes from a (pretty) normal background and has had a decent upbringing thus far may very well be told she can't go to a local school because she's not a troublemaker, asylum seeker, gypsy or never shows up for school in the first place.
Fucking sickening.

And what's worse? The government actively encourages the schools to take kids like this over I suppose what you'd call "normal situation children" by offering upwards of £1000 per each problem placement.
With the prospect of nice, fat cheques being waved infront of them, what school is going to want to take on kids who actually want to learn, aren't going to cause trouble, but ultimately aren't going to get the school that new OHP projector or stationery supplies for the year?

They do stress that it only applies to over-capacity schools and that it doesn't happen very often, but seeing as my town has been inundated with asylum seekers, gypos and the like, we know from actually talking to teachers at these schools that they're already over capacity for at least the next five years.

What a great fucking country, eh.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:56 am

*red* wrote:Been single for 2 years as you know and through those years my ex said he loved me but was never ready to get back with me.

I recently fopund someone else who makes me feel so special after so long alone and now my ex is being all akward and expects me to hide away.

Great for you! I've been through something similar. The circumstances were different but some would have believe that I was slashing their tyres and leaving wilted roses through their letter box. Things are better for me now but sadly mud sticks.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Maliceuk
Warrior of Metal

Postby Maliceuk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:51 am

Darkweasel that is so very bad.
Heres a school one,going back over 10 years ago now.
My daughter got beaten up by a girl out of school,she was just outside the school gate,they were like,oh well,she comes from a single parent home,as does mine,and they were then but oh,her back ground is really bad so we can`t do anything about it,blah blah blah.When my daughter was 13 she got her nose pierced.They wanted to exclude her till she took it out,so we changed school after how they dealt with the bully thing that was the icing on the cake.seems like low life scum bags get the jump on everyone else.Don`t want to disturbed them any more than what they are. It makes me mad.
Any other schools near you? Sounds like it will be a pretty scummy school.

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:58 am

:(
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Maliceuk
Warrior of Metal

Postby Maliceuk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 am

oh and what pissed me off today?
All these bleeding rules you get nowdays.Bloody health and safty crap.I remember festivals where you can use your little camp stove burner outside your tent to make a cuppa in the morning and a pot noodle and drink as many cans as you liked.Just clean up after yourself.oh and even have campfires! I did not hear of anyone setting fire to themselves or anyone else.
Nowdays URRGGG!!!
No,not now bleedin days.

Noj_Bilskirnir

Postby Noj_Bilskirnir » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 am

Maliceuk wrote:oh and what pissed me off today?
All these bleeding rules you get nowdays.Bloody health and safty crap.I remember festivals where you can use your little camp stove burner outside your tent to make a cuppa in the morning and a pot noodle and drink as many cans as you liked.Just clean up after yourself.oh and even have campfires! I did not hear of anyone setting fire to themselves or anyone else.
Nowdays URRGGG!!!
No,not now bleedin days.

Agreed, it's fucking stupid.
How many people die/are hurt by setting their tents on fire every year in England? If it's anymore than 5 i'd be surprised. More people die putting on their fucking trousers!

***JUST IN! Trousers banned from Catton Hall
Hah, i kid, i kid because i love.

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:40 am

Noj_Bilskirnir wrote:
Maliceuk wrote:oh and what pissed me off today?
Nowdays URRGGG!!!
No,not now bleedin days.

Agreed, it's fucking stupid.
How many people die/are hurt by setting their tents on fire every year in England? If it's anymore than 5 i'd be surprised. More people die putting on their fucking trousers!

***JUST IN! Trousers banned from Catton Hall
Hah, i kid, i kid because i love.

I kinda half agree.

I may be looking at the past through rose tinted bifocals but I remember festivals years ago being populated by people with far more respect for others and their possesions than the vast majority of festivals are these days.

The main problem in my eyes are the scrotes that go around damaging and setting fire to peoples stuff on purpose, throwing gas canisters into fires etc a la Download. Ok it's not happened at Bloodstock but I'm guessing last year's burning bin incident caused the organizers and landowners to worry about how that may progress this year and so have decided to ban all fire from the campsite area. Ok the new rules may be a little over the top (perhaps next year you'll have to go to a special area to light a ciggy) but it's another case of a few pricks ruining things for the majority.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:45 am

As an HSE offices, most of that lot is not Health & Safety. Or at least, badly executed Health & Safety, by an H&S person who has no clue what they are doing!

Noj_Bilskirnir

Postby Noj_Bilskirnir » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:50 am

Speaking of HSE, the one at my workplace pissed me off.

We always used to have the kettle on the floor, which was the only place it could go - he told us we weren't allowed as it was a H&S risk if someone trips over it.

So we had to move it on top of a filing cabinet. Again, we were told we couldn't have it there incase someone knocked it off!!!

At this rate i'll have to store the fucking thing 15KM below the earths surface in a concrete and steel re-inforced dedicated bunker.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 am

"So far as is reasonably practicable" is the key word. They should buy you a small cheap table. Problem solved.As an interim measure, they can put cones/barriers around it.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Maliceuk wrote:Any other schools near you? Sounds like it will be a pretty scummy school.

Aside from the six which are pretty close, any other ones are all way out in the outlying villages and small towns. Which would be fine but we don't drive.