What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
rasputin
Consort of the Beast

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby rasputin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm still sick and bloodstock is getting closer, i now feel sick in the back of my throat and it tastes horrible but i cant actually be sick :|
AVANT GARDE BABY!
Baroness, Isis, Textures, Neurosis, Kylesa, Torche, Bison B.C, Taint make one of these bands happen for BOA 2011

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:50 pm

I am officially a huge retard!
(ok thats no surprise to anyone that knows me)

I booked a hotel room at the northbound a38 travelodge for the fri - sun ages ago as I wasn't sure I'd be able to travel on the thursday. as soon as I discovered I could go on thursday I went back and booked the extra night.

Just been online to print out confirmations etc and have realised that I booked the extra night at the Southbound travelodge not the northbound one and because I got a special cheap rate it's non transferable.

As a result we now have to check in Thursday night check out first thing Friday Morning get a taxi to northbound beg to leave our bags there get taxi to boa then get back to hotel in time to check in at night.

My missus is really really pissed off with me .

oops

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Pitstarter
Consort of the Beast

Postby Pitstarter » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:22 pm

moongoosedani wrote:Aww that sucks. Warsteiner is the worlds best beer, no question. I know a place in Chester that sells it by the bottle, but I usually get a crate from Makro as its far cheaper that way..

Called Peckhams today to enquire about availability and prices. The posh chap told me they had it in stock, so I asked how much it would be for 3 slabs (there's 3 of us wanting it) and he was quite taken aback. He explained it was only sold in 4's so I asked him to work out a per-slab price.

£31.32 and thats including a 10% discount thrown in for good measure! Deary me, I'm not that desperate.
Pitstarter
Swordsman and Geeky Wargamer...

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Today the maiden faces an almighty quest- to photocopy the sacred parchments of the pink paper.

She starts the journey cautiously. She approaches the first photocopier dragon, all goes well until the beast runs out of ink. Ahhh but the maiden is not yet defeated she knows that around the corner lies another beast. She again fills it's belly with the pink paper, the beast does not like this. It spits it out with an almighty roar "Paper jam" it screams, beeping until the maiden removes the paper from it's almighty belly. Covered with the ink of the last battle she continues. She will complete her quest, she will.
Onto the next beast. It is all quiet, she approaches with caution awakening the beast with its "on" button she again tries to copy her work. Now this beast is clever, he lolls her into a false sense of security. 10 copies later the maiden's confidence builds, she feels that she has won. She tries to copy the next scroll, then suddenly the photocopier beast roars again "mwa ha ha" it silently mocks. "You think you can defeat me. I will jam, like I have never jammed before".
Furious the maiden get's on her knees, rips open the beasts belly and removes the pink paper. Damn you beast she screams.

But alas she is not defeated. She still has work to be done, her quest must be completed.
The final photocopier-beast lies there. This time she is ready for battle.
She loads his belly and copies.
10 done.
Next batch.
10 down.
Next batch.
Then suddenly....noooooooooooo jammed again.
With fury she removed the parchment. She will not be defeated this time, she is so close. She is stubborn.
She reloads and continues her war.
Finally all is done.
She had triumph over the photocopier beasts, sworn the stop her work, her import monitoring role.
She emerges from battle covered in the ink from her previous challengers, ready for the nest battle, for she knows than soon enough she will need to again use the beasts of the photocopier.

Until next time..................
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Pitstarter
Consort of the Beast

Postby Pitstarter » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:05 pm

*red* wrote:Today the maiden... <snips truly epic awesome battle>

Fairly won, have a drink on me lass! As long as it's not Warsteiner :D
Pitstarter

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:45 pm

The olympics is on very loud :x
I bet this is whats making me feel sick, its nothing to do with a lack of a proper meal..
*grumbles*
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

BreakAndEater
Warrior of Metal

Postby BreakAndEater » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:08 pm

as per usual... work pissed me off... but it was worse today for some unknown reason.
Metal To The Masses.

LouLou815
Warrior of Metal

Postby LouLou815 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Finding out the possible weather for BOA. Rain with extra rain on top.

Apparently it's still August...i'm personally not so sure!
Boring sig is boring.

My facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=502606884&ref=profile (just let me know you're from the forum!)

moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Pitstarter wrote:
moongoosedani wrote:Aww that sucks. Warsteiner is the worlds best beer, no question. I know a place in Chester that sells it by the bottle, but I usually get a crate from Makro as its far cheaper that way..

Called Peckhams today to enquire about availability and prices. The posh chap told me they had it in stock, so I asked how much it would be for 3 slabs (there's 3 of us wanting it) and he was quite taken aback. He explained it was only sold in 4's so I asked him to work out a per-slab price.

£31.32 and thats including a 10% discount thrown in for good measure! Deary me, I'm not that desperate.

Double what I pay at Makro then? Fuck that. Can buy SINGLE bottle from Johnnyocks but at £1.89 a pop, *quick maths* im not paying £45.36 for 24 bottles. Will have to go live in Germany I think..
Was very sick last night and got sent home from work today. I refuse to be ill for bloodstock though.
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

Pitstarter
Consort of the Beast

Postby Pitstarter » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Oh and the lack of Fencing coverage on the BBC for Olympics. :x
Pitstarter

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:47 pm

full of wind..cant stop farting today :oops:
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:52 pm

LouLou815 wrote:Finding out the possible weather for BOA. Rain with extra rain on top.

Yep, we're all going to drown. Pack your wellies.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:full of wind..cant stop farting today :oops:

Same

LOL :rofl:
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

rasputin
Consort of the Beast

Postby rasputin » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:33 am

Going to bloodstock tomorrow and still ill :| :(
AVANT GARDE BABY!
Baroness, Isis, Textures, Neurosis, Kylesa, Torche, Bison B.C, Taint make one of these bands happen for BOA 2011