What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Pitstarter wrote:And don't get me started on how support staff are treated like second class citizens here.


They are in all schools! Hence I found a new job. I foud the majority of teachers, although lacking common sense, were pretty decent people. SLT, however, are a whole different breed. Inflated sense of self importance, inability to listen and just generally arrogant. Of the 8 SLT in the school, only one of them displayed any signs of real life.

Pissed me off today: I'm off work ill. Feel like shit, and I have a feeling that my new laptop that should have been delivered saturday isn't going to come still. The concierge has been off so I can understand that nobody would have been in to take delivery...but I'm here today and I bet it still doesn't come :(
Last edited by angel_of_death on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Pitstarter
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: About 20 miles west of Glasgow...
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Pitstarter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:58 pm

angel_of_death wrote:SLT, however, are a whole different breed. Inflated sense of self importance, inability to listen and just generally arrogant. Of the 8 SLT in the school, only one of them displayed any signs of real life.


Enlighten me please! SLT?
Pitstarter
Swordsman and Geeky Wargamer...
Image

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Pitstarter wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:SLT, however, are a whole different breed. Inflated sense of self importance, inability to listen and just generally arrogant. Of the 8 SLT in the school, only one of them displayed any signs of real life.


Enlighten me please! SLT?


Senior Leadership Team. Formerlly known (in our school) as Senior Management Team
Image

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Freyja » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Big D wrote:Trying to work out how to get 6 people to Bristol. Who are scattered all across Hampshire and half of whom can't drive.
For an encore I'm going to try herding cats.


What are you coming to Bristol for? This place is horrible!
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Pitstarter
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: About 20 miles west of Glasgow...
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Pitstarter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:37 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Senior Leadership Team. Formerlly known (in our school) as Senior Management Team


Ah, known here as SMT. Our lot aren't too bad but still the two-tier system here of pandering to every teachers whim regardless of who it affects is very much prevalent.
Pitstarter

Swordsman and Geeky Wargamer...

Image

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Big D » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:15 pm

Freyja wrote:
Big D wrote:Trying to work out how to get 6 people to Bristol. Who are scattered all across Hampshire and half of whom can't drive.
For an encore I'm going to try herding cats.


What are you coming to Bristol for? This place is horrible!


Senior management, in their infinite wisdom, have decreed that our wing of the organisation (Based in Portsmouth) and theirs (Based just outside Bristol) shall meet for a chinwag. There's more of them than us so...

It's liable to cost a shitload of money, nobody at our end is taking it seriously except as a chance for a pissup and, from what I hear of Bristol, there's a fair chance of one or more of us being mugged, murdered or eaten when we go out for the evening.

Is Bristol really that bad? Or should i start knitting myself a stab-proof vest?

User avatar
wintermourn
Denim Demon
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am
Location: Coleraine - Northern Ireland

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby wintermourn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:25 pm

Big D wrote: Is Bristol really that bad? Or should i start knitting myself a stab-proof vest?



lol i dont think its possible to knit a bullet proof vest ^_^
unless u put several baking trays inside it :lol:
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Freyja » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Big D wrote:
Freyja wrote:
Big D wrote:Trying to work out how to get 6 people to Bristol. Who are scattered all across Hampshire and half of whom can't drive.
For an encore I'm going to try herding cats.


What are you coming to Bristol for? This place is horrible!


Senior management, in their infinite wisdom, have decreed that our wing of the organisation (Based in Portsmouth) and theirs (Based just outside Bristol) shall meet for a chinwag. There's more of them than us so...

It's liable to cost a shitload of money, nobody at our end is taking it seriously except as a chance for a pissup and, from what I hear of Bristol, there's a fair chance of one or more of us being mugged, murdered or eaten when we go out for the evening.

Is Bristol really that bad? Or should i start knitting myself a stab-proof vest?


Sounds like.. fun.

Well, theres been 2 stabbings here in the last 2 weeks.. But I've been living here 14 years and the worst I've received so far has been verbal abuse shouted from cars.. Oh, and theres a fat woman in a red coat that lurks round St Nicks that you should be aware of, she's a bit.. odd in the head.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
wintermourn
Denim Demon
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am
Location: Coleraine - Northern Ireland

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby wintermourn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:48 pm

plain and simple..... people :/
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

User avatar
BreakAndEater
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Eastleigh - Southampton
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby BreakAndEater » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 pm

pissed off... why? lack of booze!
Metal To The Masses.

User avatar
Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1844
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:43 pm
Location: Weston-super-Nightmare
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Metal_Moses » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:58 pm

Having 3 gig's cancelled in the space of about a hour, 1 with no explanation (and we were supporting a fucking great and big-ish band) the 2nd next to no explanation and the 3rd being down to communication error of them deciding that we werent on the bill despite being swapping e-mails every day for about 2weeks, about stage times, other band on the bill, if we need a backline Etc. other people in bands will understand and i wont bore the people that dont.

so yeah thats it :@


:flame:
How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

User avatar
HyperChris
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby HyperChris » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Freyja wrote:What are you coming to Bristol for? This place is horrible!


Wheesht you! Bristol is awesome! I loves it I does. Maybe living in the studenty enclave of Clifton has given me a twisted view of the place, but it's a helluva lot nicer than a lot of cities in the UK.


Metal_Moses wrote:Having 3 gig's cancelled in the space of about a hour, 1 with no explanation (and we were supporting a fucking great and big-ish band) the 2nd next to no explanation and the 3rd being down to communication error of them deciding that we werent on the bill despite being swapping e-mails every day for about 2weeks, about stage times, other band on the bill, if we need a backline Etc. other people in bands will understand and i wont bore the people that dont.

so yeah thats it :@


:flame:


That's harsh. You should totally gig with us if we ever play Bristol, and we get the chance to choose bands. I'll be at your show at the Fleece, if nothing unforeseen happens!

User avatar
moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:44 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby moongoosedani » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Going out on a 'date' with a beautiful girl on monday and realising she wasnt interested later that night after a drunken msn chat. And then for feeling sorry for myself the following day, not to mention putting her completely off me. Felt like a proper emo today and wanted to beat myself up. Luckily i've seen sense. Damned girls, why are you so pretty?!
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Freyja » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 pm

HyperChris wrote:
Freyja wrote:What are you coming to Bristol for? This place is horrible!


Wheesht you! Bristol is awesome! I loves it I does. Maybe living in the studenty enclave of Clifton has given me a twisted view of the place, but it's a helluva lot nicer than a lot of cities in the UK.


Clifton? Arrr, you live mighty near me then! You might even have seen my bookshop xD
Yeah, I suppose Bristol is nice, especially the downs.. But like, its a shame about the people (the ones i've encountered anyway).
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby jackcake » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 pm

Freyja wrote:Clifton? Arrr, you live mighty near me then! You might even have seen my bookshop xD
Yeah, I suppose Bristol is nice, especially the downs.. But like, its a shame about the people (the ones i've encountered anyway).


Clifton's OK. My student friend lived down there for the first two years of uni. The bridge is amazing. She's been shipped off to Harlow in Essex next term on her industrial placement.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm