What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby k8iemay » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Finnvitka wrote:EMA is bollocks, it really is. Just because your parents earn more than a certain amount of money doesn't mean the student gets any of it.

I'm bitter though because I didn't get any, and I had £15 bus fare too and back from college each week, and now my little brother does get it, we moved within walking distance of college and he gets the full £30 a week to spend on whatever he wants because he hasn't got anything he needs to buy for college.

Aye, but the thing is they really DON'T now, I am eligible for the full amount but they're still not going to give it to me.

I'm probably going to have to sell my clarinet and go to the college and beg for a grant. I'm on the able and talented, so they should give it to me... here's hoping.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:58 pm

CaptainTripps wrote:EMA is a generally unfair system I think, it's not like A-Level students can get a student loan. I know a few people who've been denied EMA because of their parents earnings. I was denied the full amount in my first year because of similar circumstances. Having said that it did support me well throughout my time at college but they could consider changing how they assess eligibility.

hope you sort summat out anywho.

Yes, they definately should. I can't get it because they earned too much LAST year. The only way I can appeal too is if me, mum or dad are disabled which we're not. -.-

Like I said, I'm probably going to sell my clarinet (that'll get me £1k, which should last me a while... although I'll cry parting with it) but that's a final option. I'm going to go to college and beg first. They do give grants out if you really are in trouble...

All else fails, I'll join the army and get them to give me lots of money for studying XD j/k.
Last edited by k8iemay on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:59 pm

I have no car :( had to get rid, and I can't afford another.
and I still haven't got my last wage from the job I quit in June, even though everytime I ring they say they'll get back to me and don't. Annoying

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:57 am

Phone got nicked on bus sick of working nights and it must be hell living in that situation kat8 hope things improve just want to get to notts on sat for messhg
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:16 am

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 am

ema situation sounds pretty annoyin.
I used to get £20 a week from it n manage to survive though. Although I walked to my 6th form
You may not like it now
But this is how the story ends

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm excruciatingly bored as fuck.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Work has been manic all week and as a result I had a mare of an afternoon as I couldn't get away on time to take my daughter to a hospital appointment. It's been beat the clock ever since!

Also, why do kids think they have a god given right to choose exactly what they and you want to eat when you are paying and then sulk when you say not that's not quite how it works, let's compromise here?

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Freeview box stopped working useless new one required
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Nothing's pissed me off yet today, but there's still time. :P

Thanks everyone for the advice regarding jobs. I'm just going to keep applying for suitable jobs and if that doesn't work I shall try a bribe and/or blackmail.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Dan Jenkins wrote:With regards to EMA, I'm no expert but it seems the flaws in the system are affecting more people with the country in a recession. Evaluating eligibility based on a previous year's household income obviously fails with the instability in our economy and more people lose jobs or get pay cuts. But you can imagine the logistical nightmare of trying to evaluate every individual case and keep up to date on their financial position.

Yeah I do see the difficulty, but even with the system the way it is, there's still massive delays. Apparantly their mainframe computer has gone down so there's going to be SERIOUS delays anyway. Urgh.

I went to college anyway, they said I can claim some money. DMA :S Don't know what it stands for, but I'm elligible for the full £20 a week + a grant towards equipment/books/trips with me being able and talented ( :rolleyes: ) so... I've just got to fill in aload of forms and give it to them. So it's not so bad.

Thank God my college is decent. My last college had nothing like that set up.

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Pretty much everything. Having one of those days where it all goes wrong.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:37 pm

People in gerneral, particularly those who block a whole aisle in the supermarket while talking on their mobiles and then when asked politely if they could move out of the way look at you as if they've just caught you wiping your cock on their curtains!

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Beardy wrote:People in gerneral, particularly those who block a whole aisle in the supermarket while talking on their mobiles and then when asked politely if they could move out of the way look at you as if they've just caught you wiping your cock on their curtains!

Perhaps the best solution would be to find out where they live and wipe your cock on their curtains. :lol:

I believe the technical term for wiping your cock on someone's curtains is "zuffling", although strictly speaking that term only applies if you're doing it immediately after sex with a posh bird.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:11 pm

Beardy wrote:People in gerneral, particularly those who block a whole aisle in the supermarket while talking on their mobiles and then when asked politely if they could move out of the way look at you as if they've just caught you wiping your cock on their curtains!

Those people are second to two women with sixteen screaming brats between them having a natter in the middle of the aisle.

I hate them so much.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage