What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Beardy
I am the Law!

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Beardy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:04 pm

You could say that! I think if you combined all of their collective IQ scores it still wouldn't reach double figures.

Without going into too much detail my claim's been fucked up, after initially being told to apply for something it turned out I wasn't eligible for I was then told to phone somewhere else (which has taken me nearly 2 weeks to actually get through to after "sitting in a queue" for anything up to an hour every previous time I've phoned) to get things sorted - who have just told me that I need to fill in a different form at my local jobcentre, which they should've just given me in the first place!

Meanwhile I'm still looking for a job (I do actually want to work, I'm not someone who sits on their arse watching Jeremy Kyle et al all morning), getting no money, getting evermore into debt and being pushed from pillar to post with constant "oh we can't help ypu, you need to speak to ____" before ending up back where I started - but in a much worse position than I was before. Frankly it's bloody infuriating!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:25 pm

Beardy wrote:You could say that! I think if you combined all of their collective IQ scores it still wouldn't reach double figures.

Without going into too much detail my claim's been fucked up, after initially being told to apply for something it turned out I wasn't eligible for I was then told to phone somewhere else (which has taken me nearly 2 weeks to actually get through to after "sitting in a queue" for anything up to an hour every previous time I've phoned) to get things sorted - who have just told me that I need to fill in a different form at my local jobcentre, which they should've just given me in the first place!

Meanwhile I'm still looking for a job (I do actually want to work, I'm not someone who sits on their arse watching Jeremy Kyle et al all morning), getting no money, getting evermore into debt and being pushed from pillar to post with constant "oh we can't help ypu, you need to speak to ____" before ending up back where I started - but in a much worse position than I was before. Frankly it's bloody infuriating!

Sonds like the Job Centre is where all the Civil Sevants too surly and useless for Local Government end up.
Hope it works out, old chap.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:50 pm

None of the 5 Nile tickets we have all ordered have actually arrived yet. The gig is on Monday. The tickets are supposedly delivered 7-10 days before the event in question.

I'm so annoyed, I phoned the number on the seetickets site and I got through to the Box Office - all he said was "oh, well you can pick them up from the venue if you bring the booking card and the reference thing". Between us, we paid £10 for delivery, I want them fucking delivered. If I WANTED to trek to the Box Office to pick them up, I'd have phoned them in the first place! And the fact of the matter is, if in the end we HAVE to pick them up at the Box Office, it would mean both me and Alice travelling all the way to Wolverhampton with our parents debit/credit cards!

Apparantly the tickets haven't even come into stock at seetickets. Ugh.

I'm irritated. And slightly worried.

Although In Flames tickets have arrived which is always a plus point.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:03 pm

Everyone haveing a go at Jobcentre staff! We're not all useless you know! :(

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Oh. Dear.

Oh very dear.

A girl who I have a severe grudge against is going to the In Flames gig. I have said that I will one day see her in Birmingham at a gig and that when I do, she will die.

I hope to God, I don't see her. Her ex boyfriend (who I'm mates with) has just informed me that she's going to be there. The second he said to me that she's going to be there, I've immediately just turned completely enraged. I hope, for her sake, that I don't see her.

Purely because, I still have a score to settle with that girl. I know my temper well, and I know that if I start hitting her, I just won't stop.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:25 pm

Big D wrote:
Beardy wrote:You could say that! I think if you combined all of their collective IQ scores it still wouldn't reach double figures.

Sonds like the Job Centre is where all the Civil Sevants too surly and useless for Local Government end up.
Hope it works out, old chap.

Thanks. I'm hoping I'll get one of the jobs I've applied for recently. Regardless of the situation I've been put in recently I'm sick of being on benefits and want to get back to work.

dragonmaiden wrote:Everyone haveing a go at Jobcentre staff! We're not all useless you know! :(

Sorry Lisa, my rant wasn't aimed at you, that's largely why I remarked that it was the ones at my local jobcentre and not jobcentre staff in general. I know there's some decent jobcentre staff but the ones at my local jobcentre... well, let's just say the majority of them are a perfect example of why brothers and sisters shouldn't procreate. I'm honestly sick to death of them making mistakes and me paying for them - I even tried to apply to work there some time back and they didn't bother posting me the application form until after the closing date for applications had passed! Clowns the lot of them!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:36 pm

k8iemay wrote:None of the 5 Nile tickets we have all ordered have actually arrived yet. The gig is on Monday. The tickets are supposedly delivered 7-10 days before the event in question.

I'm so annoyed, I phoned the number on the seetickets site and I got through to the Box Office - all he said was "oh, well you can pick them up from the venue if you bring the booking card and the reference thing". Between us, we paid £10 for delivery, I want them fucking delivered. If I WANTED to trek to the Box Office to pick them up, I'd have phoned them in the first place! And the fact of the matter is, if in the end we HAVE to pick them up at the Box Office, it would mean both me and Alice travelling all the way to Wolverhampton with our parents debit/credit cards!

I've only used seetickets once, and had similar problem with them getting tickets at the last minute and sending them out late - although the tin-pot courier firm that they use caused a lot of the problems.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:04 pm

someone else wrote:
k8iemay wrote:None of the 5 Nile tickets we have all ordered have actually arrived yet. The gig is on Monday. The tickets are supposedly delivered 7-10 days before the event in question.

I've only used seetickets once, and had similar problem with them getting tickets at the last minute and sending them out late - although the tin-pot courier firm that they use caused a lot of the problems.

Hm, every other time I've had tickets off them has been fine though :S It's strrrrrange.
But yeah thanks, that does put my mind at ease abit.

ultralisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby ultralisk » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:22 pm

i used seetickets for my nile ticket in london, ordered 3rd week of july, arrived the following week :)
IMMORTAL, BORKNAGAR and GOJIRA for 09!!!

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:55 pm

I used seetickets once, paid more in handling and postage than I did for the actual tickets.

Also I am shattered.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

GaspodeTheWonderDog
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby GaspodeTheWonderDog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Finding out that I have to open the shop at 8.30 on Saturday morning to sell 'Brisingr'.

Agalloch for the Sophie Lancaster stage

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:21 am

wakeing up at 8 in the morning. Im not a morning person
By this axe I rule

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 am

Last week I accidentally used permanent marker on the office whiteboard and subsequently had to spend an afternoon scrubbing it off.
Take a guess as to what I managed to do this morning...

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:59 am

Last week i downloaded a Nasty Virus whilst downloading some music for a friend, a week later i still have no PC and i'm waiting for my brothers to do me a copy of Windows so i can format it! At the moment im using works computer thats had no internet for 2 weeks. In the mean time ive had to occupy my day with none PC activities like watching sod all on TV, and playing Spider Solitaire on the work PC.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Legal music doesn't come with viruses :yes:
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.