What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:09 pm

I suspect that the usual poor performance of my chosen grand national horse will annoy me somewhat.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:10 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:I suspect that the usual poor performance of my chosen grand national horse will annoy me somewhat.

Should've gone for Battlecry :D

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Moonburp wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:I suspect that the usual poor performance of my chosen grand national horse will annoy me somewhat.

Should've gone for Battlecry :D

I went for Brooklyn brownie, coz, you know, brownies are yummy.
Hopefully tastyness will translate into success. :yes:

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:32 pm

My mate put £20 on Mon Mome, the bastard.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Moonburp wrote:My mate put £20 on Mon Mome, the bastard.

he's won, what, two grand?!?
Git.

Brooklyn brownie out at the second fence, 25 to 1 my arse!
:flame:

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Moonburp wrote:My mate put £20 on Mon Mome, the bastard.

Is he the kind of friend who likes to share? :P

Just had a right argument with someone from T-Mobile (well a polite argument, I find it never serves to be rude!)
I got charged £5 for a free service which I cancelled 10 days before it ran out, and he was trying to tell me:
1. I'd gone over the free month
2. That the operator who had signed me up for the free month had cancelled it on that day
3. I hadn't been charged for anything
I dont know if he was just not all there (I mean it is Saturday tea time!) or if he was trying to play me for a fool, but anyway it got sorted... Eventually :roll:
(Yes I know £5 isn't a great deal, but it's the principle!)

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:00 pm

I seem to have spent all year so far having things fixed or replacing things ... the shower, the bathroom extractor fan, the hairdryer, the bedroom telly, the DVD player ... and still have a few things to go ... then my daughter informs me about 15 minutes ago that the curtain rail in her room has just decided to part itself from the wall with little or no encouragement from herself ... apparently? :rolleyes:

Needless to say I have just spent the last 5 minutes making it safe .. that basically means taking it down and marvelling how those wallplugs have come clean away with no force applied! :rolleyes: Another job for the list.

Sorry folks ... rant over!

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:23 am

Peoples being stupid. Particularly friends being stupid.

Also, I'm going to France for a few days, starting now, and I can't be bothered with the car journeys :(

See y'all in 5 days :yes:
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:47 am

The cat woke me up at 6.30 ... for the second day running ... and I'm not going to work. :(

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:48 am

Tonight is going to be the last time I have an alcoholic drink in a while, and I'm a bit sad about it.

We worked out how much we spend between us on our weekly wine order and our weekly takeaway and we are a little bit scared.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:57 am

Travelling to London yesterday to play a shit, poorly organised gig. 8 bands on the bill, only one of them stuck around to see us, who AGAIN ended up playing at near midnight in the middle of fucking nowhere.
EVERY venue and promoter in the country should have the rule that bands stick around, or they don't play again, I'd even go as far to say that they should be banned from playing anywhere if they constantly fuck off home.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:30 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Travelling to London yesterday to play a shit, poorly organised gig. 8 bands on the bill, only one of them stuck around to see us, who AGAIN ended up playing at near midnight in the middle of fucking nowhere.
EVERY venue and promoter in the country should have the rule that bands stick around, or they don't play again, I'd even go as far to say that they should be banned from playing anywhere if they constantly fuck off home.

Exactly, thank you. Unfortunately I've often had to leave early because of travel and school in the morning, but we've always made sure that we had at least 2 of the band members there to represent us. Its annoying to see a band that you got a gig for play and leave straight away for no real reason. We once had a band insist on going before a band that had a two hour journey home because "they wanted to start the drinking early". Its just unprofessional really.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Moonburp wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:Travelling to London yesterday to play a shit, poorly organised gig. 8 bands on the bill, only one of them stuck around to see us, who AGAIN ended up playing at near midnight in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Exactly, thank you. Unfortunately I've often had to leave early because of travel and school in the morning, but we've always made sure that we had at least 2 of the band members there to represent us. Its annoying to see a band that you got a gig for play and leave straight away for no real reason. We once had a band insist on going before a band that had a two hour journey home because "they wanted to start the drinking early". Its just unprofessional really.

I can understand some members of the band do NEED to go earlier sometimes. Yesterday just pissed me off to the extreme. We ALWAYS turn up on time, with the right gear. Yet sometimes we don't even get a soundcheck. I've seen every single band we've ever played with, with the exception of one when I had the NORA virus and prob shouldn't have been playing at all, I apologised to the band and they took a look at me and understood.

One of the bands last night turned up at 7ish, sat outside in their van until they played at 9ish, played 30 minute set containing 4 covers, then fucked off home.

Just pisses me off that we always conduct our selves professionally, are often the only one to do any promoting, support the other bands, usually get the best reaction from audience, yet get screwed over by promoters and bands. Even as one of the most positive people in the world, it makes me wanna give up sometimes.
I live and learn, and we're changing tactics on the way we book gigs..but we love playing so much that we always get tempted by shows we know are gonna end up being shit.

I would like to say a big thanks to Heat-Ray, for being the only band that stuck around till the end, despite a 5 hour drive home, and for being great guys socially too! Great set too!

Biomech
Consort of the Beast

Postby Biomech » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Me.

Me and my girlfriend had a really stupid fight and now aren't really talking.

I feel like a prize twat.
Strapping Young Lad rocks my hairy anus

Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metallinen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:41 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Just pisses me off that we always conduct our selves professionally, are often the only one to do any promoting, support the other bands, usually get the best reaction from audience, yet get screwed over by promoters and bands. Even as one of the most positive people in the world, it makes me wanna give up sometimes.

Welcome to the live music circuit. :)

Just keep sticking around and supporting the other bands. All these bands that bugger off before the evening is over are doing themselves no favours really. They are decreasing the chances the higher billed bands are going to want to play with them again and are missing out on all sorts of networking opportunities - if you don't stick around and talk to people you're never going to get the contacts you need! Not to mention its in their own interests to try and have their merch/cds on sale for as long as possible on the evening before packing it all up and going.

I think the only gig I've ever not stayed until the end of was the time we had another gig the same evening. Double booking yourselves is hectic and not recommended! :lol: