What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:53 am

keera_envenomed wrote:Going into uni to print out my essay and hand it in before Christmas so I don't have to worry about it and every printer in the whole place not wroking :x
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:44 am

Fuckin' snow.
It's bad enough to stop me going out tonight, but not quite bad enough to stop me going to work. So at the moment I've decided it's an inconvenience.
If it decides to grow a pair and kill the power in my store or something then we'll be good, but it's not looking likely.
I don't want to serve people for 5 and a half hours and have them all say "ooh it's cold out there" or comment on how it's looking like a "White Christmas".
I'd much rather sit at home in my pants and watch Metalocalypse.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:54 am

^ this

had my shoot cancelled today, one i've been planning for months, and I wont make it to London for the rave tonight

argh
and it was so cold last night, I couldnt sleep im in such a bad mood

milkhead
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby milkhead » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:32 am

NeglectedField wrote:So it looks like this whole week there's been no work for me. Gone done skewed my body clock.

Even worse it's like, I've become so used to getting up at ungodly hours that I sometimes dream that I'm meant to be up for something, so I'll actually get up 25% awake (sleepwalking practically) and get dressed. By then I'll go back to bed either realising I was just dreaming about having to go to work or be somewhere else, or still thinking it was real and that I still have a few hours to kill anyway cos it's 3am :ugh:

I know the feeling, I've been without an assignment for 8 weeks, nobody in the Public sector, nor in the Private sector are recruiting or taking on temps. I've even tried supply teaching and they're using internal staff for cover. January will be different, the level of interest is picking up, interviews usually follow enquiries. Chin up, mate, it will get better.

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Was planning to rant at my manager for not getting my any hours this week... So entered the store and they're barely able to cope with the amount of customers. So basically I could have worked today and can't rant at the twat as he'd probably sack me. arrrrgh. He promised me 20 hours a week yet im on 0 now and thats not fun with christmas and new years eve coming up....
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

logandog1
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby logandog1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Lots of snow and I'm stuck inside at work. Don't even have a window.
Mary had a little lamb its fleece was coloured red
The reason for the colouring was the axe stuck in its head

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Applecore wrote:Referring back to an older post about those cunts who are suing me for their daughter being a dipshit and not looking where she was going on her bike..
Turns out that my insurance company are backing them and their claim and have decided not to renew my insurance in January. So not only has this stupid girl cost us a windscreen and wipers, but now I'm going to have to look for another insurance company and inevitably end up paying more because of all this.
Apparently, as a driver, it is my duty to ensure that all cyclists and pedestrians in the area are safe when crossing the road in front of me. Even when they shoot out from blind corners without looking. For fuck's sake..

That's shitty. I hate cyclists and I don't even drive. Amount of times I've been on the bus or getting a lift and there's been some dumbfuck cyclist that's almost caused an accident. And they piss me off when they almost run you down on the pavement THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO BE ON THE FUCKING PAVEMENT! And the ones who go through red lights and over zebra crossings when you're trying to get over the road. Do the rules not apply to them or something. Cunts.

/rant.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:03 pm

I retract part of my earlier post, as I've not gone to work due to snow.
Wahey!

What's pissed me off now, however, is my sister being in a mood with me for not going to work.
If I'd gone, she could've had a lift into town to see her mates and then got a lift home when my rents came to get me from work. But I decided not to go because the snow's picked up a fair bit and I didn't think my rents would fancy digging a path out of the driveway again at 7pm when it's dark (also our outside lights don't actually reach the ramp at the end of the driveway). So now she's in a massive mood with me and my parents, forgetting that she's not the only one who's had to sacrifice plans due to the snow.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:05 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
Applecore wrote:Referring back to an older post about those cunts who are suing me for their daughter being a dipshit and not looking where she was going on her bike..
Turns out that my insurance company are backing them and their claim and have decided not to renew my insurance in January. So not only has this stupid girl cost us a windscreen and wipers, but now I'm going to have to look for another insurance company and inevitably end up paying more because of all this.
Apparently, as a driver, it is my duty to ensure that all cyclists and pedestrians in the area are safe when crossing the road in front of me. Even when they shoot out from blind corners without looking. For fuck's sake..

That's shitty. I hate cyclists and I don't even drive. Amount of times I've been on the bus or getting a lift and there's been some dumbfuck cyclist that's almost caused an accident. And they piss me off when they almost run you down on the pavement THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO BE ON THE FUCKING PAVEMENT! And the ones who go through red lights and over zebra crossings when you're trying to get over the road. Do the rules not apply to them or something. Cunts.

/rant.

Abso-fucking-lutely! Glad someone sees my argument. Since the accident, I've given cyclists a wide berth when overtaking them, going well into the oncoming lane to pass because I don't want to risk clipping them and getting a reputation for knocking cyclists over. But apparently, this makes them feel even more nervous? Eco-friendly cunts.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:

/rant.

As someone who cycles every day:

Get a grip. Not all cyclists do that and maybe if they put some cycle lanes down we wouldn't get in your way. I got knocked off my bike by some twat driving in the cycle lane but I don't class all drivers as arseholes. I also ran into someone walking in a cycling lane and everyone looked at me as if I'm the arsehole!

Also, I hate the environment as much as you - I just can't afford a car :P

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Applecore wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:

/rant.

Abso-fucking-lutely! Glad someone sees my argument. Since the accident, I've given cyclists a wide berth when overtaking them, going well into the oncoming lane to pass because I don't want to risk clipping them and getting a reputation for knocking cyclists over. But apparently, this makes them feel even more nervous? Eco-friendly cunts.

Just do it, they're annoying cunts anyway. They're complaining up here cause they've just put down the tramlines along Princes Street, and a few have had accidents with their wheels getting caught.

I'm an eco-friendly hippy type, but I take the bus :yes: You don't need a bike in Edinburgh, our transport system is pretty top notch! You don't really need a car unless you're travelling outwith the city itself.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:10 pm

milkhead wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:So it looks like this whole week there's been no work for me. Gone done skewed my body clock.

Even worse it's like, I've become so used to getting up at ungodly hours that I sometimes dream that I'm meant to be up for something, so I'll actually get up 25% awake (sleepwalking practically) and get dressed. By then I'll go back to bed either realising I was just dreaming about having to go to work or be somewhere else, or still thinking it was real and that I still have a few hours to kill anyway cos it's 3am :ugh:

I know the feeling, I've been without an assignment for 8 weeks, nobody in the Public sector, nor in the Private sector are recruiting or taking on temps. I've even tried supply teaching and they're using internal staff for cover. January will be different, the level of interest is picking up, interviews usually follow enquiries. Chin up, mate, it will get better.

I'm certainly not despairing or anything, it's just this week there's been a sudden lack of work. They said next week and the overall xmas period should be busy, so they'd asked me a few weeks back what days I was available over this period so they could book me in advance. Except, they'll still do the usual thing of ringing me the day before if there is work that needs doing.

At least this week I can go out enjoy the snow. Think I'll go for a walk in the woods.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Bicycle hate :(

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Moonburp wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:

/rant.

As someone who cycles every day:

Get a grip. Not all cyclists do that and maybe if they put some cycle lanes down we wouldn't get in your way. I got knocked off my bike by some twat driving in the cycle lane but I don't class all drivers as arseholes. I also ran into someone walking in a cycling lane and everyone looked at me as if I'm the arsehole!

Also, I hate the environment as much as you - I just can't afford a car :P

We HAVE cycle lanes, they still almost cause accidents.

Not all cyclists are fucking twats, but I've almost been hit on pavements where you shouldn't be cycling anyway, and my ex's mum, who had a stick and couldn't walk fast, almost got taken out by cyclists on the pavement. Saw two almost cause an accident yesterday when I was on the bus. Thought it'd be a bright idea to cycle into on coming traffic to get around the bus, but RIGHT on the otherside of the road! They nearly got hit by an oncoming bus, a van AND a car. Fucking stupid cunts!

They should make it so you have to have a similar test to ride a bike on the road as you do if you're driving a car!

splellen
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby splellen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:36 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
Just do it, they're annoying cunts anyway. They're complaining up here cause they've just put down the tramlines along Princes Street, and a few have had accidents with their wheels getting caught.

I'm an eco-friendly hippy type, but I take the bus :yes: You don't need a bike in Edinburgh, our transport system is pretty top notch! You don't really need a car unless you're travelling outwith the city itself.

Yes cyclists should look where they're going, but the tramlines do just suddenly appear out of the blue with no warning whatsoever so I can understand why they are complaining. Even a roadmarking or something would help but there isn't even that.

I agree our transport system is very good (so why they are spending so much money on trams in the first place is beyond me...), but quite often I am without change for bus fare or just can't afford it. Cycling is a good option. It doesn't cost anything, it keeps you fit and it's faster than walking. It's a 3 mile journey to uni for me. An hour to walk, or 20 minutes to cycle. Which do you think is the more convenient choice?

I know my highway code, I wear a helmet, I don't run through red lights, I don't cycle on paths. Not every cyclist is an inconsiderate sod who doesn't respect other road users.
There should be some sort of cycling proficiency scheme or something though, especially if the government are trying to encourage folk to leave their cars at home. Teach folk how to cycle safely.