What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby MotorAmarth » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Every time I eat or drink today I get the hiccups, which is annoying/embarrassing, especially in a tiny little cafe

I don't suppose this is so bad unless you've heard the way I hiccup...

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:28 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Ooo... yeah that does sound bad. I've made mistakes like that countless times on the underground, like today I managed to get on the wrong train on the District Line because of how confusing it is.

Oh yeah that sucks. I hate trains, I freaked out last time on the way back from Mill Hill Broadway to St Pancras because the board didn't have a train going there for hours and all of them were to sevenoaks but eventually I realised it passed through St Pancras. Then I tried leaving through the fire exit, trying to yank open the doors in front of countless people waiting on the platform :oops:
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 pm

MotorAmarth wrote:I don't suppose this is so bad unless you've heard the way I hiccup...

I sound like a piglet when I hiccup :lol:

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm

How long its taking me to get over this Stomach Bug. Had it since Sunday, was fine before dinner today, but have been camped in the bathroom ever since.

Never heard noises like it, its terrifying :s
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Imagine working in one of the most popular fast food restaurants in the most popular tourist attraction in Europe on a peak summer day when many countries have school holidays already and the coca cola machine breaking during the lunch rush. That's what pissed me off today.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Apparently I was supposed to get an electric bill for the end of June as well as a gas bill AND NO ONE FUCKING TOLD ME :x
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:53 am

I am exhausted, and my usual 50,000 milligrams of morning caffeine is not helping :(
ImageImageImage

Jage
Leather Rebel

Postby Jage » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 am

I can't sleep on a night any more.

robthemetalhead
Lowly Peon

Postby robthemetalhead » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 am

Finding out that Instead of having to have 2 days off unpaid, as theres no work on, and one of the workers has gone for an eye op. it's turned into 2 weeks, possibly 3. and another's been called for bloody jury duty. It's only been 3 days and i'm fucking bored.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 am

Having a blinding headache which has been building for the last few days, which is leaving me only just able to look at my screen properly without things swimming. And work seem to think I am in a perfectly reasonable condition to keep working, and in fact, I've just been asked by the person I told about the headache, why I'm working slower than normal.

I hate this place some days :rolleyes:

Oddly, this screen is much easier for me to look at. as it's black. All the screens I work on for our case management system are white - it hurts :(
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 am

Could have sworn on a stack of bibles that my Origin shirt was washed and possibly folded, but it was in the middle of the dirty clothes basket. I was going to wear it to work for the game 3 of State of Origin as an inside joke, cos frankly I couldn't give two shits about rugby. My mother dearest went to the trouble of washing it and offered to drop it off to me. I declined as I figured it wouldn't be funny anymore, and well no-one was in the spirit cos Queensland had already won the first two games.

I also spent the day in fear (for lack of a better word) that this girl who's been stalking one of our staff would come back again. I can't really elaborate online, but anyway these other two ladies I work with have been giving me shit for days ever since I hid in the hallway when this dude screamed obscenities at the nursing staff, then doing my best to avoid all face-to-face contact with this particular girl once I realised what she was capable of. Days like these make me look forward to my new job where I can hide in the back office.

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:24 am

Littlemissmetal wrote:All the screens I work on for our case management system are white - it hurts :(

At least it's not hot pink. They hurt my eyeballs regardless of how I'm feeling at the time.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 am

I am disgusted at myself that I had completely forgotten that today is the fourth anniversary of my friend's death until facebook reminded me.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:19 pm

im completely pissed off at this store on ebay. i bought a rare copy of an album by Illdisposed and i heard nothing from the seller. so the last week ive been emailing him everyday to get a responce (im persistant). now today that ive got ebay involved, he's refunded me and said 'item not in stock'. then to top it off he starts messaging me to say thanks for all the emails i sent him and that i got on his nerves. seriously wtf? cunt!

apologies for the language, im a bit worked up.

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Two things...

1. Being told I have to accept my new contract at work or I'm automatically on 4weeks notice (new deal sucks)

2. Gotta get 4 wisdom teeth out tomorrow and I'm bricking it!!
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!