What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Manadh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Fibbly wrote:Thing is, I would be really happy to do some work in a school and gain experience- especially as I am unemployed at the moment, teaching is something I have wanted to do for years so I'd enjoy some time in a school- I'm volunteering all summer on a couple of schemes working with kids.
I can't give my time away...actually that is a depressing sentiment when I think about it. Hoho.

I've just passed my Newly Qualified Teacher year (Thus making me a proper teacher :B). Before I applied to do a PGCE I worked part time in a shop and volunteered in a school one day a week. I got accepted onto the PGCE straight away (Well after an interview), but my mate who applied for a history PGCE got turned down despite having much more experience than me, so a lot of it is down to the course you do.
I really love teaching, and have been told I am rather good at it (You have to be monitored for the NQT year, and I had a lovely report written about me by my mentor <3).
I'll always remember this one girl who said that I would be a shit teacher, and it makes me happy to know that she was really bloody wrong about that.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm

A foul mood. And worse than that I burnt the popcorn.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Trying to fathom virtualbox. I can't make the partition with my music on appear on my virtual machine (running Vista), and my walkman won't appear when it's plugged in
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm

David Cameron criticising public sympathy for Raoul Moat.
I'm not trying to suggest that what he did was in anyway justifiable but he does have a family who are grieving and I, personally, feel some sympathy that a man got to the stage where he felt he had nothing worth living for- particularly someone with a child.
Of course those people idolising him and championing his attack on policemen are morons. But that is entirely different to sympathy.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:00 pm

All three copies of the book I want from the library are on loan until September and there is no way I can reserve any of them either :x
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:57 pm

my dad is an absolute cock, he pretty much just phoned me up to go "haha your on the dole while your brother has a job and i still pay his rent and give him £100 spending money a week but i'm not going to give you a penny even though you have no money at all, oh whats that? you have another £80 bill from virgin media? i'm not going to help you with that at all"

in a rather fucking shit mood now :x :x

/start chain smoking
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:33 pm

wintermourn wrote:my dad is an absolute cock, he pretty much just phoned me up to go "haha your on the dole while your brother has a job and i still pay his rent and give him £100 spending money a week but i'm not going to give you a penny even though you have no money at all, oh whats that? you have another £80 bill from virgin media? i'm not going to help you with that at all"

in a rather fucking shit mood now :x :x

/start chain smoking

:( :hug:

Would it help if I got my mum to use her Citizen's Advice knowledge to tell you what things you can threaten Virgin Media with?
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 pm

My flute needs a service but I simply can't afford it :(
ImageImageImage

Megadeth502
Consort of the Beast

Postby Megadeth502 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Cookie_ wrote:My flute needs a service but I simply can't afford it :(

........................................i'm not saying anything :eyes:
QQQQ Festival, Manchester, 4th October 2014!
Be there!

....Or don't it's up to you.

Danroush wrote: :cry: you've killed all my interest off in a single post

BOA: 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Not being noticed, and no 'your bum looks good in those'.
A trivial thing to get annoyed/upset about perhaps, but when I get new clothes I like it when people say nice things, because I'm insecure enough as it is. The whole reason I got tight shorts was to accentuate my bum. Mergh.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Megadeth502 wrote:
Cookie_ wrote:My flute needs a service but I simply can't afford it :(

........................................i'm not saying anything :eyes:

This one time, at band camp...

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:49 pm

After dragging her heels, and actually saying we aren't going- my mother has rung to say we are doing the Kelmarsh show this weekend. Which has thrown me completely off course. I feel under prepared.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Work went tits up and I strongly suspect that all the effort I put into trying to unfuck the situation it would ahve worked out better if i'd just gone "Sod it!" and gone home.
The inquest tomorrow should be fun.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Dear Neopotistic Managerial Semi Intelligent Blob,

Upon receipt of this edict, please remove all food and chewing gum from your person. These items are never to be consumed by yourself while you are within visual or aural range of polite company. Your toffee nosed power crazed cow of a girlfriend and your stunned ox of a friend who you force on the rest of the workers do not count.

The reason for this blanket ban on foodstuff and your consumption of them is the simple fact you seem to be unable to eat with your mouth shut. This has been the cause of severe nausea in several members of office staff, having had to listen to the various crunches and gurgles as you thoroughly masticate your foodstuffs several times. Not only this, but any consumption is followed by several minutes of very wet lip smacking and sucking only serves to enhance any feelings of sickness. Talking on the phone to other people in the company, let alone outside client and suppliers while having your mouth full of food and continuing to eat is just fucking rude and I may have to punch you soon if you do not stop it.

Also, you have been bringing McDonalds in to the office and making the rest of us go home smelling like we work there.

Whilst you may still consumer liquid foodstuffs, this is on a probationary basis as we feel two months with us teaching you will give you enough time to learn to stop slurping, something your mother never managed to teach you in the previous 25 years of your frankly too long life.

A translator for this message is available on request, and will come complete with a spade to insert the knowledge in to your brain if neccessary.

Best wishes,
thehairyone
Last edited by thehairyone on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

callumascott
Leather Rebel

Postby callumascott » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:34 pm

The shitting weather.