What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:58 am

Turns out a girl I rid has deleted me off facebook. Not pissed off at that, just there's another previous conquest I really want shot of all ties with who I wish had've been the one.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 am

I don't miss retail one bit. Of course, the customers ranged from stroppy snobs, not-all-there oldies, trannies and the mentally handicapped, many of whom were regulars I dreaded, but I never had any proper lash out at me. It was the staff I had a beef with, mainly the 40+ year-old lifers who were thick as shit but always talked down to me and anyone else my age with prospects. They even had that drawl, for example there was one blatantly semi-retarded guy who sounded like Angelos Epithemiou; he instructed me on the fine art of collecting the shopping baskets, rounded off by condescendingly telling me to take my hands out of my pockets. Also shitty was when managers threw their weight around on their off-days.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 am

I honestly think I could not work in retail without wanting to kill somebody.

WPMOT? Yep. I've got a cold. Also, discovered that Southampton had a German sausage stall just after I'd already had a massive Chinese.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:14 am

Big D wrote:I honestly think I could not work in retail without wanting to kill somebody.

WPMOT? Yep. I've got a cold. Also, discovered that Southampton had a German sausage stall just after I'd already had a massive Chinese.

I'd just end up getting fired for yelling back at them :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Postby aaron_stacey » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 am

Danroush wrote:
Big D wrote:I honestly think I could not work in retail without wanting to kill somebody.

when i worked in a garden centre i got so sick of one guy in particular being awkward about everything. To top it off he was being a right snob about using latin names for the plants even going as far as asking for a quinticus (probably not spelled right) for crying out load call it an oak tree! lol
in the end i decided to test his knowledge by telling him a couple of his plants were from the coast and therefore he should mix some salt into the soil he wants to plant them in. For those that don't know salting the earth will kill everything and make it almost impossible to grow anything again lol He didn't come and complain so not sure if he did it
Last edited by aaron_stacey on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:45 am

aaron_stacey wrote:
Danroush wrote:

when i worked in a garden centre i got so sick of one guy in particular being awkward about everything. To top it off he was being a right snob about using latin names for the plants even going as far as asking for a quinticus (probably not spelled right) for crying out load call it an oak tree! lol
in the end i decided to test his knowledge by telling him a couple of his plants were from the coast and therefore he should mix some salt into the soil he wants to plant them in. For those that don't know salting the earth will kill everything and make it almost impossible to grow anything again lol He didn's come and complain so not sure if he did it

Yeah, i'd be tempted to do stuff like that too :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:00 am

thats pretty lol :lol:
I love it how people come into my work and expect me to know everything about every game/movie and cd we have in stock and expect me to move mountains and conjure up magical spells to get them what they want.
For example today

Customer: Do you have any Ipod Nano's, the first generation ones?
Me: errr, no we dont sell those anymore but we do have the Ipod touch, I can sho-
Customer: Why not?
Me: Because Apple stopped making them a while ag-
Customer: Can you check your system?
Me: er okay *checks system* Nope no 1st Gen Ipod Nanos
Customer: Well, can you get some in?
Me: ......... T_T

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:50 am

Christmas and retail *shudders* - I know how you feel all too well, I don't miss working at WHSmiths..

Speaking of them, the job I have been pretty much offered and which is supposed to start tomorrow is in the process of doing reference checks. But so far they've only being able to get hold of my last boss in Canada..my old UK bosses are dragging their heels.. I can chase up my last boss in leeds easy but they want three bloody work references, the oldest of which is Smiths and they're a pain to get anything out of. So my start date has been pushed back. Not only am I losing out on pay, but also have to wait to apply for staff accommodation, and to buy a lift pass... so I'm just sat around bored and getting ill all day :ugh:

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:15 am

Next door neighbours being stupidly noisy and waking me up, again. By what sounds like dragging tables and whistling christmas songs.
I really hate my neighbours.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:34 am

Couldn't get Finntroll tickets today for unknown reasons. I'll have to try another day, hopefully the weekend or something.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 am

More student protests yesterday.
Seriously, it's a Tuesday afternoon, do none of you have a class to be at?

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 am

And no im not going to 'Back the Bid', why the fuck do I care where the world cup is held. When something that actually matters happens, i'll be interested, until then, fuck off.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:15 am

some_thing_wild wrote:More student protests yesterday.

by some_thing_wild on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 am
:? :|

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:17 am

Danroush wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:More student protests yesterday.

by some_thing_wild on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 am
:? :|

More student protests yesterday

=]

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 am

Yesterday was Tuesday afternoon, dingus.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.