What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 am

still dizzy, have a headache and to top it all off im going insane. barely slept last night, and tried to drink some water this morning but it tasted weird and i decided frank was trying to poison me. i dont even know anyone called frank, which just makes that even more ridiculous
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 am

CrapyMike wrote:still dizzy, have a headache and to top it all off im going insane. barely slept last night, and tried to drink some water this morning but it tasted weird and i decided frank was trying to poison me. i dont even know anyone called frank, which just makes that even more ridiculous

Take your temperature. I go a bit nuts when I've got a fever.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

swjmcollins
Powermetal Child

Postby swjmcollins » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:23 am

Getting up at 06:10 AM to get 07:03 train to warrington to get to uni on time only to find out my lectures have been cancelled!

The Toad
Paster of Muppets

Postby The Toad » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:09 am

Why did I decide to leave my portfoloio until the day it's due in?

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:39 am

I managed to order two copies of the same book.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:41 am

I've ordered my girlfriends main xmas present to come from New Zealand. Ordered it on the 3rd knowing it would be a bit tight but probably still get it on time. It's now the 8th and the order is still "processing" :x

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Deli Kate » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Managed to spend my entire year's income in 8 Hours :(
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Hamdir wrote:You think perfume adverts are obscure though? Try fucking car adverts, they make no sense. When im buying a car, i want to know the specs surely, not a long drawn out artistic sketch with nothing remotely to do with cars in it

Movie adverts are just like that too, I can't remember the last time a movie advert actually told me something about the film.

PMoT: Slept through my alarm... by 7 hours. Feel like absolute shite, like I'm in a constant daze. Looking forwards to the end of this job!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Calling all office monkeys! 'm giving a presentation tomorrow and it needs to be 12 minutes long, just ran through it and it was 17. How do I cut 5 minutes of stuff when I thought I was well not going to have enought to say (that is, it's all pretty relevant stuff)?

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Will there be someone there with a stop watch or anything? if not leave it.
You'll find on the day you'll speak faster as your more familiar with the words your saying. You'll probably get some questions too which will make the actual lenght of your presentation less easy to identify.

I imagine on the day it will be about 13/14 mins without questions? I bet unless someone is timing (which is what they did when I was at uni :rolleyes: ) people would not notice the extra minute.

What pissed me off today... spent ages blowdrying and straightening hair, now I have toilet bleach in it :(
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm

There's a dedicated 6 minutes for questions, which is potentially really awkward if nobody says anything. Also he's the kind of hey-I'm-really-laid-back-it's-you-who's-paying-for-this-so-I-don't-care-LOLJK-I'm-going-to-practically-start-crying-when-nobody-does-the-reading kind of tutor who would be well anal about timing.

I'll just be really harsh with it and cut out as much intro and opening hypothesising as possible and get stuck into what I actually read/did as soon as possible. Hopefully that should work.

monkeynutz
Consort of the Beast

Postby monkeynutz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Ndnd wrote:What pissed me off today... spent ages blowdrying and straightening hair, now I have toilet bleach in it :(

I've told you before. Sticking your head in the bog and flushing is not the same as washing your hair.
:D

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 pm

During my dissatation presentation I got friends to ask questions about bits I didn't have enough time to fully explain in the presentation.

We also got marked on how we answered. If no one asks a question ask them questions to try and invite discussion. I use to start talking about methods again and no doubt someone would have a preference over another method, you then spend a few mins explaining why you used yours over their choice.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Deleted a slide, got it down to 14. Should be 'reet.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Got some new "Oriental" Pillows, However "Oriental" must be a code word for Hard as fuck and makes your neck feel broken when you wake up.

Also, bad dream