What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Deli Kate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Moonburp wrote:Wahey for tiffs :ugh:

I misread that as 'tits' :rolleyes: :eyes:
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm

For one of my modules this year one of the assessments is a mock interview for which we have to prepare a CV and cover letter, I missed the deadline for these as I was in hospital having my appendix out but submitted them asap afterwards.

Today I had the interview, and as I was ready to walk in one of the lecturers was all like we don't have your CV or Cover letter, when we tried to print them out all we got was a broken link. So I then had to run back to mine to print the Cover Letter and CV off again, then pretty much run back to have my interview. The interview went alright apart from one bit where one of the lecturer's picked up on the fact that I didn't talk about why I wanted to work for that company or didn't list the companies name on the Cover Letter or anything. Well the job description just simply stated 'a company', but despite explaining this four times to the guy he still didn't couldn't understand the point I was trying to make and then when I got the mark back it had the comment (C1 - 75% Excellent CV and letter (should add address of either company or recruitment agency). So he clearly didn't understand it or read the description himself.

I also got a 5% grading penalty for not including a cover sheet, I'm pretty sure I didn't in the original submission but still the link was broken which is not my fault and I was only asked to print off the cover letter and cv again...so will be sending a ragey email to the module coordinator about it to see if I can get the grade bumped up.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:19 pm

being too lazy to revise
only having enough space and equipment to do one batch of homebrew at a time when i've got loads of ideas at once
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Facebook has been so slow for me today and only loaded twice today. it cant be my computer as every other website has been working for me perfectly fine. im starting to lose my temper with it.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Luke_X wrote:Facebook has been so slow for me today and only loaded twice today. it cant be my computer as every other website has been working for me perfectly fine. im starting to lose my temper with it.

i've noticed i've had to click on things twice quite a lot today, but on the other hand comments take an even smaller fraction of a second to post now :?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 am

I suck so bad at the Kino Der Tote. I can only get up to level 5 so far :(.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:06 am

I'm having a seriously good hair day and now I am going to go to bed and it will RUIN it forever.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:15 am

48 kills level 5. JD flowing.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:23 am

Turbo wrote:48 kills level 5. JD flowing.

6 rounds 67 kills. Im getting better the more pissed I am. :lol:

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:29 am

Kami wrote:[stuff about CVs/mock interviews]

What are you studying? We never had any of that, but then you're probably doing a useful degree.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 am

Facebook snafu.

I was late for work on Wednesday and made my time up by skipping a dinner break and starting an hour early on Thursday and Friday by agreement of the manager. So I left half hour early today. Now I'm in trouble with the manager for buggering off early because I hadn't asked him. He wants a talk on Monday. Fair enough, I'm in the wrong. Annoying though.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:57 am

One of those days at work when everyone is calling and emailing you wanting you to sort out everything in the world right at that moment in time.

I was wanting the day to end so much that now I am home I don't know what to do with myself. I have a pile of washing and some scraps of food to make a meal out of. The only way to make this eve more exciting is hoping people want to go to the pub, or go to the gym (to sit in the hot tub, fuck working out haha)

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:04 am

"I wonder if the French know that Omaha is an American word, oh well, I'm OK with them using it as the name for that D-Day landing beach"

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING KNOW YOU IDIOT, OMAHA WAS THE CODENAME GIVEN TO THE SODDING BEACH BY THE AMERICAN GENERALS PLANNING THE FUCKING ATTACK.

ugh.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 am

Went to try and get an early(ish) night just after midnight, woke up after barely more than an hour and now can't get back to sleep. Bastard.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:13 am

Finnvitka wrote:"I wonder if the French know that Omaha is an American word, oh well, I'm OK with them using it as the name for that D-Day landing beach"

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING KNOW YOU IDIOT, OMAHA WAS THE CODENAME GIVEN TO THE SODDING BEACH BY THE AMERICAN - and British - GENERALS PLANNING THE FUCKING ATTACK.

ugh.

Fixed.