What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
metalsam
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby metalsam » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

^ +1

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:52 pm

lost my fegs
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Various parts of me to stop aching. Looking forwards to a day or two of not walking massive distances when Easter starts to recover. And sleep.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Another day feeling like crap. This is just awesome.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:03 pm

The undercurrents of drama that just run under the surface with uni folk. People need to chill and have their minds de-fucked, seriously.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:20 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:The undercurrents of drama that just run under the surface with uni folk. People need to chill and have their minds de-fucked, seriously.

I thought that only adults went to university. I was so wrong. So many of them are still stuck with the mindsets of 8-year-olds with their bitching, drama and getting one up on eachother. Pisses me off and saddens me. But mostly pisses me off.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Fjar wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:The undercurrents of drama that just run under the surface with uni folk. People need to chill and have their minds de-fucked, seriously.

I thought that only adults went to university. I was so wrong. So many of them are still stuck with the mindsets of 8-year-olds with their bitching, drama and getting one up on eachother. Pisses me off and saddens me. But mostly pisses me off.

I know exactly what you mean. Some of the pathetic shit i've had from supposed adults at university is just beyond belief.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Ask people round to cook them dinner, don't get all passive aggressive when they offer to help wash up, it's just protocol. Especially don't then actually get a bit annoyed when people haven't helped wash up. You derp. Then I get texts during dinner from a freind saying she feels disgusting and fat (She's really not.). Also someone's dumped her girlfreind and is seeking advice on how best to freindzone them (EDIT: Sorry no, how to freindzone the potential replacement).

All of this took place in a singe dinner. Drama-swings and drama-roudabouts. An episode of Skins up in here. 420 drama errday.

So yeah really, chill uni people.
Last edited by RedTeamWins on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:33 pm

john cena

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Got a written warning from housing saying our unit (the part I share) didn't pass the cleaning inspection and we need it sorted by Tuesday. I share with 2 girls a bathroom, sinks, and fridge/pantry area. I cleaned them all yesterday, and when I saw one of the girls she thanked me and asked if there was anything she should do. So I said I hadn't done the floor if one of them could do it.... well they haven't bothered. Serrrioooussslllyy.. I didn't mind cleaning the rest cos I'm guilty of not bothering but would ONE little job hurt?

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 am

Definately coming down with a cold.

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:14 am

My flatmates are cunts.
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:16 am

The NHS might be brilliant as a whole, but it doesn't make you feel much better when you're the one who's stuck with a painful problem and they can't see you for months.

Ania's not "wrong" just because she's experiencing something that differs from other people's experiences of the NHS. There's no need to start belittling what she's got just because it isn't "life-threatening", whatever individual threw that in the mix.

I've mixed feeling on the NHS. Mostly, they've been fine, my GP is alright (although they left my Dad on a prescription for his arthritis for 24 years, on a medication he should only have been on for 6 months - with the side effects, he's lucky his renal system hasn't packed up and he's thankfully relatively unscathed)

There's just a particularly physio at my clinic I would like to murder. But that's his fault, not the NHS as a whole, although if they'dve done as I asked and referred me to the female physio (who eventually ended up sorting me out anyway) it wouldn't have been an issue. Ah well.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 am

Generally unpleasant night, and my cold is properly setting in now.

Had to resort to plugging in my ol' faithful radio alarm clock to have some shitty radio station on quietly to drown out the sound of bassy dance music and acoustic guitar strumming that carried on until a ridiculous hour.

I'm just glad that I only have to be in for half an hour today. Any longer and I would have just said fuck it.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Deli Kate » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 am

I don't know why you think the NHS is free. That's what we pay National Insurance for.... if you paid a similar amount into a private health insurance plan you'd be getting a gold star service.

I have both options and have consequently experienced hospital stays in both systems. The NHS do the minimum they can get away with... nurses stand around chatting for hours, discussing which club they are going to that evening etc and move as little as possible. If you need pain medication you may have to wait hours to get a couple of paracetamol. You may not see the same doctor twice during a week's stay and you're very lucky to see a consultant at all. Unless of course you have something 'interesting'.
When I had to have a hysterectomy in 2004 I saw the consultant for precisely 4 minutes two weeks before the surgery, despite the fact they nearly killed me with a surgery induced infection. A nurse actually saved me on that occasion by insisting the doctor got a more qualified opinion, she was an agency nurse and had to stand up for a lot of grief for getting someone out of bed- a few more hours and I would have lost both kidneys due to the medication they were giving me. The full time day staff had ignored my worries about the side effects of the drugs despite the fact my skin was sweating orange gunk....

Now I have insurance, the GP's response to anything is to send me to a consultant..... I will be seen within two weeks, I may get diagnostic tests a lot faster but apart from the surroundings and considerably better food I expect the treatments are the same. You just get to see your consultant who knows who you are and what the problem is instead of having to explain it everytime to a new underling.

However, if you have an emergency then the NHS come up trumps everytime- until you're out of danger and then you may just die from malnutrition or thirst, if the dirty wards and lack of toilet/washing facilities don't get you first.

And, FYI, hernias happen when the muscle wall is damaged or weakened- they can become strangulated very easily resulting in excrutiating pain, bowel damage, peritonitus and potentially death. Let's not belittle Ania's pain. She's suffering and she shouldn't have to. If it gets worse Ania, go to casualty and make a fuss. Some GPs are often too busy counting their money and being self important to really take notice of what's right in front of them.
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8