What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Immort_Reaper » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Fucked up big time. :(
I greatly enjoyed the reference, Joe.

Hannahwar: they are age 12 and really tight

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Bizza wrote:
siliconfury wrote:
Bizza wrote:Not eligible for either type of Jobseekers Allowance, cunts.

How so? Think you're only illegible if you're declared unfit for work by a doctor or if you walked out of your last job (in which case you're illegible for a set time).

I'm not eligible for income based JSA as my girlfriends hours & pay are over the cut of limit - She works part-time at ASDA :|

They said they would switch my claim to Contribution Based JSA but got a letter today stating I couldn't claim that either as I hadn't made enough N.I contributions. Not sure how they've worked that one out as I've worked solidly for the last 3 years.

Yeah that was an absolute fucker. If I hadn't have had helpful (and reasonably well off) parents we would have been absolutely screwed. Sop could have applied for Tax Credits but it was about £25 a year, which wasn't particularly helpful to us.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

absol
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby absol » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm

It's Air Show weekend here. Cue hordes of knuckle-dragging charvers coming from all over the Northeast to drink cheap cider on the beach (which for the other 363 days of the year is the only genuinely nice thing Sunderland has), eat overpriced fish and chips, drop litter everywhere that won't get cleaned up and watch exactly the same planes they saw here last year. And the year before. And every year for the past twenty-one years.
http://facebook.com/theprincipalityofsealand

http://theunbearableadventuresofpercy.tumblr.com/ - My webcomic.
'The next Dilbert', according to a very close, sycophantic, over-excited friend of mine.

Solidarity forever.

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Aww I miss Sunderland air show. I got my very first snap bracelet there. They were like witchcraft.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Fibbly wrote:Aww I miss Sunderland air show. I got my very first snap bracelet there. They were like witchcraft.

Snap bracelets were amazing. THEY WERE STRAIGHT AND THEN THEY WERE A CIRCLE. HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK.

I'm not being sarcastic btw, they were awesome

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Fibbly wrote:Aww I miss Sunderland air show. I got my very first snap bracelet there. They were like witchcraft.

Snap bracelets were amazing. THEY WERE STRAIGHT AND THEN THEY WERE A CIRCLE. HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK.

I'm not being sarcastic btw, they were awesome

I'm glad someone actually knew what I was talking about.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 pm

I always broke mine because I think I was a retarded child.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Finnvitka wrote:I always broke mine because I think I was a retarded child.

I kept breaking them because I was convinced that they'd snap back the opposite way if I curled them up that way :(
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 pm

I had a shiny rainbow one. it was awesome.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Some of the pubs in Southsea now insist that you queue to get in.
Queue.
For a pub.
FFS.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Azubi wrote:Fair play Dan, it's a bit of a cunt's trick for them to do it. I'm in agreement with the leaving the phone off of the hook for a few weeks at night, yeah it's a ballache for a few weeks having to get up but it should solve the problem for you If they aren't getting through they will soon get terribly bored and not do it again. If they escalate, go and smash their face in.

Thing is it's not the first time they've done it either, so as soon as I stop putting it off the hook they'd probably start it again. I spoke to the police about it before and he rang one of them and "had a word" and when I suggested it was definitely worth talking to the other one he said he would but didn't, and the second one now doesn't even believe that I spoke to the police before in the first place

Moonburp wrote:
Fjar wrote:
Tet wrote:Formula 1 coverage moving to Sky next year. That's destroyed my day :-(

I've only just seen this. What a load of shite.

Thirded :(

This is why having to pay a licence fee is a fucking joke, that and their stupidly biased coverage of things like the royal wedding
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Danroush wrote:
This is why having to pay a licence fee is a fucking joke, that and their stupidly biased coverage of things like the royal wedding

Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but how can you have a BIASED coverage of the royal wedding?

Well I sure do like this Kate Middleton but PRINCE WILLIAM CAN GO TO HELL, YOU KNOW I HEARD HE ATE A BABY ONCE. RAW. A BABY JUST OUT THE WOMB. JUST PULLED THAT SHIT OUT, CUT THE CORD, THREW THE PLACENTA AT A NEARBY COMMONER AND WENT TO FUCKING TOWN ON IT.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Danroush wrote:

Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but how can you have a BIASED coverage of the royal wedding?

Well I sure do like this Kate Middleton but PRINCE WILLIAM CAN GO TO HELL, YOU KNOW I HEARD HE ATE A BABY ONCE. RAW. A BABY JUST OUT THE WOMB. JUST PULLED THAT SHIT OUT, CUT THE CORD, THREW THE PLACENTA AT A NEARBY COMMONER AND WENT TO FUCKING TOWN ON IT.

I'm saying that they had a ridiculous amount of coverage about it, spent half the news going on about it for weeks beforehand and essentially shoved it down everyone's throats as much as possible pretending that it was the best thing that's ever happened to the country and that everyone was spending the weeks beforehand thinking of nothing else sitting at home counting down the hours
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Danroush wrote:I'm saying that they had a ridiculous amount of coverage about it, spent half the news going on about it for weeks beforehand and essentially shoved it down everyone's throats as much as possible pretending that it was the best thing that's ever happened to the country and that everyone was spending the weeks beforehand thinking of nothing else sitting at home counting down the hours

24 million viewers. I'd call it justified.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Danroush wrote:I'm saying that they had a ridiculous amount of coverage about it, spent half the news going on about it for weeks beforehand and essentially shoved it down everyone's throats as much as possible pretending that it was the best thing that's ever happened to the country and that everyone was spending the weeks beforehand thinking of nothing else sitting at home counting down the hours

It was a royal fucking wedding.

Now I'm not one for patriotism, but a royal wedding is fairly big news. Sure DOWN WITH MONARCHY and all the such sort, but it's still big news. People watch it. People were sat in their homes. It was a bank holiday just for the event. People watched it. That makes it news.