What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Big D
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:17 am

If she does get arrested then the EDL is simply going to point out that certain Muslim clerics have pretty much been calling for Jihad and been left alone.
In the grand scheme of things, being a racist idiot - and she is, btw - is not the worst thing you can be.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:18 am

WPMOT? I seem to be having one of those weeks where everything is queueing up for the opportunity to piss me off.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:57 am

NeglectedField wrote:Whilst I think that kind of scenario is horrible, it doesn't surprise me that once again it's become a bourgeois pissing contest amongst my friends to prove who's the most outraged at it, and therefore the least racist.

Yeah, I was talking to some guy who was like "MAN IF I WAS THERE I WOULD'VE BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF HER"

And it's like "Why? How would that achieve anything? Then she just gets the story that "Some paki lover beat me up for speaking the truth".

Fact is, people like that are like that because that's all they know/have been told. It's fucking nigh impossible to speak reason, or logic, to someone like that. They'll just stay convinced that "them immigrants" are why her situation isn't the best, or why there aren't many jobs, or shit like that.

And revelant, I fucking love immigrants. You ever been to a KFC when the polish are working, and then gone again when British people are working?

The British people are lazy as fuck. They come with this odd sense of entitlement. Polish people work their arse off. 90% quicker chicken to mouth time.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:43 am

Having worked in fast food and restaurant/hotel kitchens since I was 18 I can say the whole "Poles are better workers than locals" thing isn't conclusive. Some of the eastern european lads i've worked with have been as lazy as some of the Irish fellas.

The reason why employers like them is they'll be more likely to want to take on 60+ hours a week, less likely to pull a sickie (if one of the Fillipino guys in the kitchen i'm in now ever missed a shift it'd probably because he's in a coma- anything short of that and they'll be in), probably less of a social life than British/Irish candidates so won't constantly be asking for this or that night off, and less likely to have an extended family living nearby so wont be asking for loads of time off around christmas.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

TheAgelessStranger
Consort of the Beast

Postby TheAgelessStranger » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 am

Not really the point though. The fact she is being incredibly racist is bad. But she's not just upsetting the people she's targeting, she's upsetting everyone on there, children included, and not just her own (relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo ) and they shouldn't have to put up with her. She probably can't be educated by a prison sentence, and it probably wouldn't work as a correctional term, but the other people also shouldn't be expected to have to put up with that kind of aggression for no reason whilest on a tram journey.
"Are you there, beloved one?
I clench our whisper to the fading...
Will you help me carry on,
And lead me through the sunrise?
Lead me through the sunrise..."

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:42 am

Pft, all these minorities should try being ginger, we're the last people it's ok to be like that to. Absolutely nothing would have been made of it had it been my noble people, so I find it really hard to have any sympathy to be honest. And yes, bla bla slavery oppression, none of them in their lifetimes were slaves, not a valid point.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:56 am

herzeleid wrote:Pft, all these minorities should try being ginger, we're the last people it's ok to be like that to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pdqpjk0oPs

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Terminal servers, why won't you fuck off today?
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:10 pm

herzeleid wrote:Pft, all these minorities should try being ginger, we're the last people it's ok to be like that to. Absolutely nothing would have been made of it had it been my noble people, so I find it really hard to have any sympathy to be honest. And yes, bla bla slavery oppression, none of them in their lifetimes were slaves, not a valid point.

QTF. It's accepted everywhere that you can be an utter prick to gingers. Us versus The World, yo. Us vs. The World.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 pm

At some point this morning my mood seems to have nosedived from "fed up" into "What's the fucking point in me being here?"
I hate the way my brain works sometimes.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Woke up at 1 despite making a point of getting up at 10. And it's pretty gloomy outside.

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:49 pm

I know when I shit it's going to the worst beer shit ever.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Big D wrote:At some point this morning my mood seems to have nosedived from "fed up" into "What's the fucking point in me being here?"
I hate the way my brain works sometimes.

Hope you feel better soon.

WPMOT: Delightful weather for the walk to work. With holes in my shoes. Oh dear.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 pm

The end of The Walking Dead until February. :(
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:33 pm

"Hey Bisset, I still don't have access to a particular program. I know you're busy trying to fix two servers that have gone belly up and have stopped users from having any actual speed to their work. Therefore I'll ease the burden of you giving me access to my shitty program by hovering over every five minutes and asking if it's done."

I fucking hate our first line support team, bunch of utter useless bastards.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.